[3] Lunch Time

Days with Chen

 

 

All students are queuing to get their lunch, so is In Hye. Chen just finished his physical education class that he might be changing his uniform and got his body fresh again now.

Once some friends see In Hye in the queue line, they will just take her place by slowly pushing her behind, pretending that they couldn’t see her. Being invisible in hye isn’t something she could choose since it’s decided by them. And she didn’t care as long as in the end she got her lunch, even it needs a pretty loooong time to get it.

Chen monitored things in front of him. He keeps on looking at how she kept pushed by her friends and he almost rushed to her side when suddenly a long time face that hardly seen these days in the school came up behind In Hye and started to complain whenever someone ready to take her place again. It’s Bang Yong Guk. The hyung that protected her well a long time ago before he did.

Chen believed that he should just stay where he stood. He didn’t move and tried to grow a thankful feeling towards the hyung’s act. He wanted to play cool since In Hye is his.

In Hye felt relieved that Yong Guk stood right behind her now.

“ you came oppa ? “ she whispered while ever more pressed her tone tone of ‘oppa’.

“ You should stop using this hairpins since you got your boyfriend, he might be ashamed of you “ he teased with his husky voice, hold his laughs.

In Hye felt aroused by his words that she almost turned her body and made a face till yongguk kept her by doing that by holding her shoulder force her to move front since the queuing miss its one person.

“ I think you need to walk front, lady.. “

She can only pout as a respond of his act.

Chen keeps on monitoring them until they all left from the queue line up. He kept standing in line, waiting for his turn to get his lunch when In Hye and Yongguk barely seen anywhere around.

“ your boyfriend must come here right ? “ yongguk started to munch the meat.

In Hye nodded, “ if I call him, he’ll be here right away .. “ she also focus on her lunch that she had no idea the guy who munched meat in front of her already stared at her face, admiring how beautiful she is. His body really wanted to hug her, his lips really wanted to tell her how much he missed her. He knew that she got her boyfriend already that he just managed to touch her shoulder and inhaled the strawberry shampoo fragrant on her hair when he stood behind her in queue line.

“ how are you oppa ? “ yongguk startled when she made a sudden eye contact with him.

“ good as always “ he tried to sound cool.

“ good then “ she smiled then ate her lunch again.

“ anyway, do you need to call him first to get him here ? “ he asked curiously. “ since he’s your boyfriend he has to know where you usually ate your lunch … “ he is munching sausage now, proud of the words he just said towards her. They are in the school roof now.

“ oppa.. “ she playfully bailed his attention with her ‘oppa’.

“ hmm.. “

“ don’t you have any curiosity who my boyfriend is ? “ she playfully asked unknowingly playing yongguk’s heart as well. He wanted to answer ‘no’ since he already knew the answer but he wanted to look nice, as always.

“ who is him ? “ he asked, pretends like he had no idea about it. All BAP members know exactly who’s the boy once she texted yongguk on their world tour. She nudged yongguk’s arm with her elbow.

“ eii pretending no idea “ she stucked her tongue out. She knows that Yongguk had the idea about the guy but he didn’t want to look like he knows. She knows how’s yongguk feeling about her but she just cant help since she didn’t have the same feeling. She felt guilty but she will be felt worse if she ignored him because of his feeling. She tried to play it cool and foolishly playing around him that way even if she knew exactly his feeling. She tried to play it harshly just like what Yongguk told her to do back then. He told her to ignore his feelings, pretended she never heard his confession. She just tried her best to do it.

“ a – ah .. “ yongguk still pretending like he just knew about the guy.

There an awkward laughing played between them.

“ sorry.. “ In Hye muttered right before she munched another part of her lunch.

“ eii.. I have told you right to stop apologizing… you didn’t do anything wrong.. “ he put his best gummy smile.

“ if he cant protect you, with or without your permission, I’ll take you away from him .. “ he looked down to his lunch plate now.

In Hye took a glance to look at how yongguk expression is. She felt bad but touched as well. He always protects her. She always thankful for that but she cant return his feeling.

“ hmm lets see next then.. “ she smugged then nodded sloppily.

She knows she wont let that happened. She just looked at Chen and she knew it.

“ have you text him ? “

“ I did but why he didn’t come ? “ she wondered playing with her spoon.

“ may be he’s still tired because of his previous p.e class.. “ he tried to calm her by stating that way.

“ ya! You seriously need to stop put that colorful hair pins on your hair .. !! “ he tried to took one of her hair pin when she avoided it well. Once she avoided it, Yongguk tried to take another one and she avoided it again then she stood up and running only to be followed by yongguk behind.