[11] Sick

Days with Chen

Inhye had no idea how many calls from chen that she already missed. She woke up dizzily. She isn’t in a good condition. She threw up all things she ate just now and the worst part is she is home alone. Her family is in holiday, she choose to stay home the day before because she planned on going anywhere with her friends today but they ended up cancel it because one of them suddenly got a lil project with teacher and inhye is lying sick at home.

“ ding dong “

Someone pressed the bell. Inhye just went out from the bathroom then slowly walking to her door. She switched the video on to check out who is coming early in holiday time at 10 am. Chen is standing in front of her door, look straight and close to the camera mouthing ‘inhye yaa I am hereee~ ‘ while showing some weird gestures that inhye cant help but smiling. She opened the door slowly then chen made pose like ‘jjan ! ‘

“ may I come in ? “ he asked with furrowing his eyebrows then put his normal like cat lips and blinking periodically. Inhye just smiling then opened her door wider to let him in. When she just finished locked her door, Chen lift her a bit so her feet didn’t touch the ground and took her to her room.

Inhye is a bit dizzy by his sudden act so when he put her down, she sat down and grabbed her bed cover tightly.

“ I --- I am sorry “ he bent down in front of inhye now and put his hand on her cheeks. Inhye smiling with her eye closed.

“ I am okay “ she managed to speak and slowly opened her eyes to see chen’s expression worried like hell.

“ sleep.. “ chen stood up then help her to lying down. He fixed her pillow. When she already in the perfect lying position he took a seat beside her on her bed.

“ I called you many times.. “ he her forehead. He can feel how burning she is now.

“ sorry I didn’t know.. “ Inhye answered weakly, hardly to hear but audible enough.

“ are you alone ? ” chen asked, still with his hand around her face.

She nodded.

“ no wonder.. everyone is in holiday. When will your family back ? “

“ tonight “

“ have you drink your medicine ? “

Inhye shook her head.

“ have you eat ? “

She shook her head again.

He forgot the basic question tho.

“ do you have the medicine ? “ he asked.

Inhye shook her head again.

Chen walked to the living room. His eyes are running around with his feet keep moving here and there. He tried to catch the aid box, wishing he could find any medicines there. He stopped when he found a box with stripes red on it. He opened it in a rush then read carefully each medicines notes. Until he found one familiar medicine name. He took it without doubt but first she needs something to eat. He walked to the refrigerator. He knows he is being rude since he felt like at own home without permission.

He opened the refrigerator only to find some vegetables then he decided to just cook some soups at least, inhye can eat something warm in this cold day. He didn’t forget to check the rice cooker to check whether there’s rice or not to eat. He ready to make one tho but the rice still in it warmly so he just made the soup. Once he finished, he also took a glass of water and put the soup, rice, water in a tray. He already put the medicine in his trouser’s pocket. He is standing right in front of inhye’s room but he had no more hands to open it that he carefully put his elbow on the door knob then move it down. When it slightly opened, he pushed it wider with his leg. Inhye already closed her eyes comfortably. He walks slowly closer to inhye’s bed. He put the tray on her night drawer and pull out the medicine from his pocket. The medicine he held now is the one with same label his mom ever gave him when he is in fever. Another thought just came crossed his mind that he walked to the kitchen again to take a plastic bowl then filled it with tap water. He remembered he brought a handkerchief with him so he dug in to his bag. Once he found it, he brought the bowls to inhye’s room and put it under her bed. He pulls a deep yet quiet exhales after all the things he just done and slowly shook inhye’s body.

“ inhye ya… cmon eat.. “

After a lil shook he made to her body, his hands moved to her sweating forehead then wiped all the sweat with his hands.

Inhye slowly opening her eyes with all the heavy feelings left in her. She knows how sick she is now and she glad that chen is with her. She opened her eyes, greeted by chen’s typical sweet smile and his whisper alike words “ cmon eat.. I’ll help you.. “

Chen helped inhye to lay her back on her headboard and ready with the rice bowl in his hand.

“ I don’t know whether eating rice is a good idea but.. eat it a bit wont hurt right ? “ he smiled awkwardly. He just remembered that he usually ate porridge when he is sick.

“ munch it slowly.. “ he reminded when inhye just got her first spoon. He gave it in turn, between the soup and the rice. After a few spoon, inhye stopped his movement then shook her head. It means she done with the food. Chen put the bowl then reached the water and gave her the medicine.

“ you should eat more tho.. “

He helped her to finish the medicine and get back to her sleep. He took her blanket up to her neck then placed his handkerchief which just dipped into the cold water to inhye’s forehead.

“ sleep tight.. “ he peck her cheek. He almost got up when inhye tug his sleeve.

“ thank you “ she smiled. Her words sounds so cute in his ears. He just smiled as replied then got up and cleaned things he messed up in the kitchen also cleaning the dishes. After he finished things, he walked to inhye’s room but then choose to stop in the living room. He sat on the sofa in front of the television and let his body laying down for awhile. He planned to have a great holiday with inhye today. He called her many times but he got ignored. He had no idea that inhye had her own plan actually for today but yeah, he is so lucky that she is at home. He didn’t like to see inhye sick tho, he loves that he can take care of her today. Can we say, he glad that inhye is home alone ? He just came back from a show last night and didn’t get enough sleep since he was excited all night that’s why he drifted to dreamland right after he laid his body down on the sofa. He fell asleep.

[]

Inhye opened her eyes. She felt much better. She touched her head, wet. There’s the handkerchief given by chen and she pretty sure that it didn’t change from the last time she closed her eyes. She removed the handkerchief and woke up slowly. She walked out to make sure chen still at her home. Afternoon, she just swept her phone to peek the clock and to see chen’s 15 missed calls. She walked to the living room and saw chen laid down there peacefully. He must be tired. Inhye knew that Chen just wrapped up a show last night but she didn’t contact him because she considered at how tired chen must be. She didn’t notice that a smile already painted on her face from the very first time she found his figure there. She bent down beside him then caressed his cheek but then she got up. She almost left chen when her hand is held. She turned around to see chen has already sat up on the sofa and his free hand rubbed his eyes. 

“ are you feeling better ? “ he asked.

Inhye nodded then took a free seat in front of him.

“ thank you “ she smiled then peck chen’s left cheek.

Chen chuckled.

“ this is the second time you thank me today “ he smiled looking at inhye who sure is getting better in front of him. Chen then moved closer to inhye, now his knee is on the sofa as he leaned in to inhye. Inhye didn’t move a bit. She knows chen’s intention. She just smiled at him.

“ you are welcome “ he said before he pressed her lips on hers then nibbled it in a lovingly way. When they just enjoyed the rhythm of the kiss,

“ aww.. I guess, we have a guest “ Inhye’s mom voice is cracking up.