[4] Playing It Cool

Days with Chen

 

 

In Hye stood in front of Chen’s classroom. Playing with her bag’s straps, waiting for Chen passed class door. She is leaning her body against the wall, looking at the ground then taking a peek in to his class. She keeps waiting and pretty long enough. Everyone is passing the door at once which cause chen pretty hard to be seen.

Ah ! There he is

In Hye waved her hands only to get her ignored by chen.

May be he didnt see me

She walked closer to chen, followed him behind. She still following him a bit too far but she managed to playfully call his name, wishing that he will hear her call.

“ che~~~eeenn “

She attempted to call his name for the second time but suddenly her hand taken by someone. She is being dragged harshly.

“ a – aa “ she muttered.

Chen could hear her voice. He definitely saw her in front of his classroom. He purposely ignored her even tho he missed her much. He has to admit, he is jealous and pretty afraid. He received her text but he afraid that he would get a bye bye words from her since her number 1 guy who always protects her is back. He felt unsecure. He was too afraid so he didn’t come. He knew that the way he is reacting now isn’t good. He needs to talk to her not avoiding her like this but he knew it exactly that he has to maintain himself coolly. He definitely wont talking to her with his temper now but he also had the urge to tell her how he felt inside moreover to know why she texted him when she’s with yongguk. Did she really thinking about breaking up with me? is all he can think about. He could feel that she was following him, calling his name but he decided to keep going coolly. 

“ can you please stop it ?? “

A girl with a white cap suddenly grabbed In Hye’s hand, stopped her from following chen. Her grab in her wrist was pretty strong that inhye’s wrist turned red. Inhye rubbed her redden wrist. Now she can look at the girl face clearly. Is she one of chen’s fans ? well she never seen her before. In Hye knows ALL of chen’s fans in S senior high and she never seen her before. She looks detailed at the girl in front of her, still stood in some distant. There’s a slight silence between them when the girl tried to process what inhye looks means.

“ OKAY ! I AM NOT HIS FANS BUT IT’S KINDA ANNOYING LOOK AT GIRL LIKE YOU FOLLOWING HIM! “ she put off her cap for a while , ruffling her hair in frustration then put it on again.

“ don’t you see his expression when you called his name ?? “ she leaned closer to inhye. Inhye stepped back.

“ he’s definitely annoyed by you ! “ now the girl crossed her arms.

The girl’s last sentence stunned InHye. Rather than thinking what’s the girl problem if she followed chen, Did he ? In Hye choose to wonder whether Chen really annoyed by her act. She needs to talk to him now. In Hye fell for the girl’s words since the girl stood in front of Chen long time before chen passed the girl and in hye pretty sure that the girl keeps on monitoring chen’s expression when he walked. Did he really annoyed by my act ? why ? all the thoughts are playing in her mind when suddenly a familiar voice came up.

“ I think there’s a misunderstood here.. “

It’s chen.

“ thanks but I am not annoyed I just had a lil problem with myself.. “ he carelessly rub his neck, smiled groggily still cant look at In Hye’s eyes so he decided to look at the girl who stood in front of her.

The girl seems surprised by chen’s appearance that she awkwardly rubbed her nape.

“ Ah really ? “ she looked confused now. Hesitantly trying to find InHye’s eyes, felt bad for grabbing her wrist too tight.

“ I – I am.. “

In Hye could read what’s on the girl’s mind that she just nodded many times, still holding her redden wrist.

“ a – ah it’s okay “ In Hye tried to give her best smile.

“ your wrist.. “ the cap girl hesitantly walk closer to In Hye.

“ ah n – noo it’s okay… “ she shook her hand tried to gesture an okay to the cap girl.

“ So em.. well.. I guess both of you need sometime alone ? “ she let a rhetorical question slip her lips “ I guess I need to go.. “ She bowed slightly then run as fast as possible to let in hye and chen alone for a talks.

Once the cap girl leaving, chen walked closer. His focus only to her covered wrist.

“ are you okay ? “ he still didn’t look at in hye.

“ yeah “ she mumbled. She searched for Chen’s eyes when chen still didn’t look at hers.

“ I am sorry, I tried to play it coolly but I think I cant. I think I can hold this behavior till tomorrow and talk to you tomorrow but I cant. I need to talk to you.. “ he still didn’t look at inhye’s eyes. It’s not because he doesn’t want to see it, he felt unsecure, scared of things that might suddenly out from in hye’s pink lips.

In Hye doesn’t think she should speak up now since she thought there’s no problem between her and chen so she decided to let chen keep going with his words.

“ w – why did you text me when you were with yongguk hyung ? “

Once inhye heard his question, she widened her eyes. So all this time Chen knew that she had a lunch with yongguk. Did he come to roof but decided not to barge in ? purposely ? could it be hes jealous now ? In Hye really wanted to let a small smile hang on her face. Her heart beating fast, too fast that she cant even count it. Rather than put a smile, she let her hand reached chen’s jawline. She hold his cheek perfectly with his jawline as well with her palm, caressed it slowly.

“ were you jealous ? “

Her sudden act caught chen’s attention. Mesmerized by his girl’s words, he nodded slowly. In Hye extended her arms, reached his neck. She successfully has her boy in her arms now. She tiptoed her feet a bit to place her chin on his shoulder, muttering “ I only look at you chen. Only you “

After passing the words, she slowly let her arms off. Standing straight, looking at her boyfriend’s eyes. Eyesmiling him. Chen pull her body into his arms, hug her. He felt relieved. Happy. He wanted to just took her a bit then swing her around but  he had no confidence so he stayed in that position. Smiling. In Hye failed to give a fast reaction so she just standing still, didn’t move even her fingers an inch. She let her body stay close to him. Listen to his heartbeat then smiled.

“ what did you both talking about ? “ he speak on her hair. He asked out of his curiosity. He just wanted to listen to her sweet voice.

“ he asked me to put my colorful hair pins so you wont be embarrassed because of me.. “ she talked on his chest then they both let out small laughs.