Reunion

SOS (Save our Ships)

*Taemin’s point of view*

       Minho.  It’s really him!  He’s tied to a wall, so I run over to his unconscious body and untie him.  He stirs at my touch; his eyes open the slightest bit and a little smile slithers to his lips.  My fingers start playing with his hair, while his caress my face and neck.  I glance over at Eli, who just nods with a disappointed look in his eyes.  He wants me to be happy, so he’s letting me go.  Back to Minho, who turns my head to I’m facing him.

       “You came,” he croaks.  Poor baby!  Who knows how long it’s been since he got some water.  I lean down and kiss him softly.  As I start to pull away, he grabs my head and shoves his tongue in my mouth.  Then, I’m happy, truly happy.  But not for long.  Kevin notices that Key is as lifeless as rock.  Onew walks over to the limp figure five feet away from me.  Key is as cold and stiff as a rock as well.  I look at Onew and he returns my gaze.  We need to get our diva out of here.

       It takes all ten (Minho is too weak) of us to carry him to the car.  I’m afraid we’re too late.  Once we get him checked out at the hospital, we’re relieved to discover that he’s fine- for now.  He has been poisoned.  Both Key and Minho have been starving as well.  The latter tells us that they only got one piece of moldy bread and a glass of room temperature water per day.  He also explains about the videos and how they only showed things that would get them upset.  That makes me feel bad and Eli blush.

       “Jonghyun . . . I want Jonghyun.” Key mutters in his current state of unconsciousness.  He moves around a bit and then wakes up.  His eyes seem to search us for something.  Tears start forming and I realize what’s going on.  Jonghyun isn’t here.  And to top things off, we overhear the doctors discussing Key’s lifespan.  He might have less than a few hours left.  Then, we all cry.

 

*Eli’s point of view*

       I can’t help it.  The tears fall.  Just imagine, SHINee’s Key may only live for a few more hours.  I want to comfort Tae, but that’s Minho’s job now.  I don’t really mind- as long as he’s happy.  What we had was fun, but Taemin really does belong with Minho.  I only took my chance because he was abandoned. 

       I quickly dry my eyes and whisper to Onew, “I’ll call Jonghyun.”  And so I do.  I explain the situation.  When I’m done, he hangs up.  I take that to mean that he’s on his way.  After talking with everyone, we come to the conclusion that it was for sure Sekyung who did this.  The only thing is- why?

 

*Sekyung’s point of view*

       Revenge.  Sweet, sweet revenge.  Jonghyun has no choice but to love me now.  Key is dead.  Key is deceased.  Key departed from the universe of the living.  Key is lifeless.  Key is gone.  Key has passed on.  Key has perished.  Key is finished.  Key is no longer living in this world.  All thanks to me!  I’m so proud of myself.  I am so smart.

       I was a genius to even come up with the original plan in the first place.  If I captured Key, then I’d have Jonghyun all to myself!  I just took Minho too cause he was there.  That way, it’d seem like they ran away and didn’t love the others anymore.  I planted the cameras so that even if my prisoners escaped, they wouldn’t want to go back.  Then Jonghyun would be mine FOREVER.

       The best part is that my beautiful plan is working and the others have absolutely NO idea!  I want to laugh like the evil maniac that I am, but Miley is right next to me.  Ugh.  I don’t know what Onew sees in her; she’s SO annoying!  Plus, she looks like a chicken.

       I should probably call Daehyun and see how my prisoners are doing.  Errrr . . . make that prisoner.  I smile as I make my way to the bathroom for privacy.  Miley tries to stop me, but I tell her to leave me the hell alone.  Once I’m secure, I start to dig out my phone, but it’s gone!  I search the house franticly for my baby.  It’s nowhere to be found; that’s when I know that something is wrong.  Terribly wrong.

       I grab the stupid home phone and call my brother.  It rings until I hear his stupid and annoying voicemail thing.  I grind my teeth and call again.  Stupid brothers.  This time, he answers.

       “Yoboseyo?” Daehyun’s frantic voice answers.  Then, I know that things are way worse than I ever imagined.

 

*Daehyun’s point of view*

       Telling Sekyung that the prisoners got away and that Key didn’t die has got to be the hardest thing that I’ve ever done.  Now she’s yelling at me like a crazed maniac.  I’m tempted to call a mental hospital or something because I can hear things breaking on the other end.  Then I hear unfamiliar screams and a faint sound of a car starting.  And then some more screams from Sekyung.  It sounds like she’s saying “don’t go” or something.  Then the line goes dead.

 

*Miley’s point of view*

       I’m driving to the hospital.  Onew texted me an update and Sekyung was scaring me, so I left.  Plus, I’m worried about Key.  I don’t think it was a good idea to leave a mad Sekyung alone in SHINee’s house; I hear they’re very dangerous. 

       When I make it to Key’s room, I’m crying.  It’s hard to believe that this could be it.  I walk over to Key and introduce myself.  His comment makes everyone laugh.  “So this is the real Miley!  I’ve been wondering why Onew names all of his chicken drumsticks ‘Miley!’  So you guys are like officially together now?” Onew and I look at each other and nod.  It’s a bittersweet moment.  At least Key is able to keep things lighthearted while on his possible deathbed.

 

*Jonghyun’s point of view*

       I won’t stop running; I can’t stop running.  There’s still a mile or so until I get to the hospital grounds.  My sides are burning, as are my legs.  I don’t have any water and my mouth is as dry as a desert.  But I keep going.  I don’t want things to end like this.  I won’t let things end like this.  I can’t let things end like this.

 

*Minho’s point of view*

       He loves me.  He loves me.  He loves me.  He loves me.  HE LOVES ME! Those three words won’t stop replaying in my head. 

       I apologize to Taemin for treating him the way I did.  I should have acknowledged that he’s getting older now.  I admit my mistake and he tells me that everything between us was fine.  Then we turn our attention to Key.

 

*Key’s point of view*

       I.  Feel.  Terrible.  But I try to keep it together for the rest.  Even though I’m bawling on the inside.  Jonghyun didn’t even have the nerve to show up.  No one even mentions him and I’m glad.  If I hear his name, I believe that I’d break.  I’m freaking dying (for once I’m not exaggerating) over here and he won’t even show up.  Just thinking about this makes me feel worse. 

       That’s when my vision clouds up, but not from tears.  I know I’m dying.  All of my senses are clouded now.  I try to tell someone- anyone- but my mouth won’t let me speak the words.  I keep trying, but failing.  My mouth is as dry as tree bark and I feel kinda like I’m underwater, but not able to swim up no matter how hard I try, but not drowning per se. My whole body feels like it’s burning on the inside.  Great.  Just what I need.  Barbequed liver, anyone?  Just pass the barbeque sauce and we’ll be good.

       Luckily someone notices my misery and runs for the doctor.  Then I’m wheeled into a different room.  They attach a bunch of different things to my body.  That’s when I black out, maybe for good.

 

*Soohyun’s point of view*

       We are stuck waiting outside the doors to the fourth floor room he was moved to.  We had to take the elevator down three stories to get to the one room that has all of the supplies needed for this situation.  It’s getting crowded though, so I suggest that all of the members of U-KISS leave.  And so we do.  Miley offers to drive us back to the house.  That leaves only SHINee members waiting for Key.  I think that makes sense; they deserve to be alone when they get the news, which I doubt will be good.

 

*Jonghyun’s point of view*

       I can see the hospital.  That makes me run faster.  By the time I burst through the doors, I can barely even stand.  My senses are fuzzy.  All noise sounds like I have cotton balls in my ears or something.  Then I see the front desk, so I walk over and ask which room Kim Kibum is in.  Apparently, he was just moved to room four seventy about ten minutes ago.  Room seventy . . . on the fourth floor.

       I groan and on my way to the stairs (the elevators are too slow), I spot a water fountain.  After a minute and a half of drinking nice warm temperature water, I snap myself out of it.  I need to get to Key.  He’s my everything.  I love him so much.  Too much.  Way too much for my own good.  I pass the elevators, but go one to the stairs. 

       I feel like I’m in a movie; everything seems to be moving in slow motion except for Key’s life, which is on fast forward.  I can pretty much see the grains of his life trickling through the hourglass.  One speck at a time.  One by one by one by one.  There’s only a little bit left, I can feel it.  I hurry, hoping to turn it around before it’s too late.

       My thoughts are distracting me so much, I literally run into a couple of doctors at the top of the stairs.  The fourth floor.  They ask where I’m going in such a hurry.  Through deep and painful breaths, I’m barely able to answer.  Finally, I murmur “four . . . seventy.”  The female doctor bites her lip and glances at the male.  My heart stops when I hear her response.

       “I’m sorry, sweetie, but the patient in four seventy passed away about five minutes ago.”