Lies and Innocence

SOS (Save our Ships)

*Taemin’s point of view*

       My world is suddenly much brighter than it was before.  I feel really and truly loved.  I mean, I know Minho loved me, but he never kissed me like this before.  I think he was just one of those that thought I was still like a little kid.  I’m almost 21 internationally.  I’m not a baby.  I don’t care what everyone thinks. 

       I hear footsteps and pull away.  Jonghyun.  Oops.  I bite my lip and look down at the floor, blushing.  I hope Eli will explain for me; this is so awkward.  Now, here’s a time I wish I was a baby- not having to explain awkward things.  I look over at Eli, wondering what he’s thinking; he’s looking at me, too.

       While I’m trying to convince Eli to explain and Eli trying to convince me to explain, Jonghyun just shrugs and opens the refrigerator.  We watch him rummage around for the orange juice; when he finds it, he yanks it out, avoiding our eyes, and sloppily pours some in a glass.  I bite my lip and look at the floor when he finally looks at us. 

       “Taemin?” I look at our shortest member with my eyes wide and a little pout.  I blink a few times for good measure.  Slight aegyo usually works in situations like these.  “I guess I just have to apologize.  I’m really sorry; we were all wrong- you’re not as innocent as we thought.  We just kept treating you like a kid, but you’re obviously not.  So, if none of the others say anything to you, let this be from all of us; I’m sorry.”  The corners of my lips turn up into a smile.  The smile turns to a grin and I run over to give Jjong Hyung a big hug.  That’s what I’ve wanted to hear for a long time. 

       Eli was just standing there, looking kinda lonely and out of place, so I pulled him into the hug, too.  Jonghyun hesitated before accepting the third, but put his arm around Oppa as well . . . after I kicked him.  At least Jonghyun approves . . . I’d hate to see Onew’s reaction.  Or Key . . . oh, please, don’t let Key find out!  He would never approve; if he comes back, I’m doomed.  What about Minho?  Obviously, he wouldn’t be very happy, even if he doesn’t love me anymore; Oppa never approved of my U-KISS obsession.  But, he did say I could . . . I pull the wrinkled with over-read creases note out of my pocket, where it has lived ever since I read it that first time, and read it one last time.

 

Dear Tae-Baby,

     I love you. I’m sorry things ended like this.  I hope you’ll understand.  This is all for the best.  You can go and hang out with Eli; I won’t get in your way.  I will try to find Key and tell him to come back.  I might come back with him.  If I don’t, please know that I will always love you. Forever. Don’t try to find me; it will hurt too much for me to bear. I guess this is goodbye.  I wish you the best.

Love,

Minho <3

 

       Then, I let it float down into the trash can, where it belongs.

 

*Key’s point of view*

       That’s IT!  I NEVER want to see that dino-puppy JERK again!  He’s done waaaaaaaaay too many things to piss me off!  I’m not letting that dino-puppy jerk win!  Sekyung.  That little . . . HE KISSED HER BACK! My EX-dino-puppy boyfriend replaced me with a who-knows-what-the-hell-she-is!  I remember when I was in her spot.  Her exact spot.  Just the thought stabs my heart.  Even though he’s a huge dino-puppy jerk, I still miss him; I know I shouldn’t, but I do.  My brain just automatically tries to defend him in every way possible.  Like, what if he was just tricking her to get her off, after the video fuzzed out. 

       But that doesn’t mean I forgive him for APPROVING of Taemin and that U-KISS guy . . . yeah, KISS is right.  I wish I could un-see that . . . I’m scarred for LIFE now!  It’s going to give me nightmares tonight.  Same with seeing Sekyung climb into the dino-puppy jerk’s bed earlier.  Whatever, it’s not like we’re together anymore.  I don’t care what the hell he does.  And I don’t care who the hell he spends his time with.  Even if she’s a . . . who-knows-what-the-hell-she-is. 

       LIES. WHY DO I KEEP LYING TO MYSELF?!?!?!?!?!  THOSE WILL NEVER EVER BE TRUE; WHY DO I KEEP SAYING IT?!?!?!?  I shouldn’t care; they should be true.  But they’re not.  I guess I’ll always care.  Unless I meet someone to replace that dino-puppy jerk with . . . that’s actually a pretty good idea!  That’s exactly what I’ll do!  Now if only I could think of a place where I could go to meet some people. . .

       . . . And I’m still tied to a wall, aren’t I?  I’m not going anywhere for who-knows-how-long.  If I could, I would slap my forehead for such stupid thoughts.  THIS SHOULDN’T BE HAPPENING TO ME! I’M Y, FREE, AND SINGLE; I DESERVE TO MEET PEOPLE!  I DESERVE TO SOCIALIZE, but not with my ex-dino-puppy jerk boyfriend. 

       But DAMN, I want to! I want to be back with Jonghyun  my ex-dino-puppy jerk boyfriend.  I want to be safe in his arms again.  I can’t fall asleep without imagining those nights with him.  I imagine his arms around me, me head on his shoulder, his warmth, his breath on my neck, his gentle voice in my ear while he whispered about how much he loved me, but most of all, the feeling of being close to the man I love and him being with me.  I would always get a strange feeling that is hard to explain, but I’ll try anyways.  It’s like butterflies, but up and down my spine and a weird feeling in my gut, like no other.  If you’ve felt it before, you know what I’m talking about. If you haven’t, I hope you feel it someday.  Even though it can feel unbearable at times, it’s nice at the same time.  It means that you’ll be with someone you love.  Like, really love.

       But I imagine those nights so hard, I can feel those things.  From his arms, to his shoulder, to his breath, to his voice, to “the feeling.”  I wonder if he ever felt it.  The feeling, I mean.  We never talked about it; we usually told each other everything, but I never told him about it.  I wish I had, though; I just kept postponing it, not wanting to sound like an idiot.  Now I wish I could just go back and tell him everything I didn’t.

 

*Onew’s point of view*

       I blink a few times in the harsh light, trying to wake up completely.  My first thought is remembering that Miley is here.  And just in the room across from mine.  That makes a grin spread over my face.  I stretch my arms high over my head and yawn.

       As I climb out of bed, I hear a faint noise coming from Miley’s (and Sekyung’s) room.  Curious, I make my way across the hall, shuffling my feet in the lovely fried chicken-colored carpet.  The door creaks open as I realize the noise is Miley crying.  I hurriedly run to the side of the bed and put my hand on the quivering lump that I believe is her shoulder.  Luckily, I believed right.

       She stops shaking for a moment, startled at my touch.  I lift the covers and see her tear-stained face with a red dot for her nose in the middle.  Her large brown eyes meet mine and a little smile plays around at her lips.  I sit on the side of her bed and start her soft and fluffy hair.  She sniffles a bit, and then moves closer.  My heart starts beating faster and faster as I continue to play with her hair.  A couple minutes later, she puts her head in my lap and a smile takes over my face.

       After a few minutes, I ask her why she’s crying.  She tells me that it’s a mixture of things: her boyfriend kicking her out, her adopted parents not letting her back due to things that happened a while ago, but most of all, the “lackage of chicken.”  At that, she starts truly bawling and curls up in a little ball.  I pull her into my lap and she buries her face in my chest.

       “It’s okay, I promise, you’ll be fine,” I mutter into her ear as I start rubbing her back.  After she calmed down, I suggested that we go and get some breakfast.  She nods and pulls away.

       “I’m sorry about your shirt,” she chokes out, picking at the wet spot that her tears left on my pajamas.  I take her small hands in mine and look deep into her soft puppy eyes.  Her eyes glance down at my lips and shoot back up to my eyes.  Then, she starts leaning closer, just barely, like a millimeter at a time.  I have no idea what I’m doing, but I lean closer to her as well until our lips touch, ever so slightly.

       The shock is so electric, I shoot backwards.  Apparently Miley felt it, too, because she did the same.  When our eyes meet, our faces heat up, but I place my forehead on hers.  She responds by pushing her nose onto mine.  I see where she’s going with this and kiss her again.  This time, however, I’m prepared for the e-e-e-electric shock.  She stays still for a moment, but then kisses me back, but with more force.  I put my arms around her waist and pull her closer as she wraps her arms around my neck.

       I don’t know how long we stayed like that, but I am starting to see why Jonghyun and Key would kiss every chance they got . . . But when we pull away, I realize that we should get some breakfast.  I carry her piggy-back to the kitchen (and on the way, we pass by Jonghyun’s room, where we see Sekyung passed out on his floor.  Weird.), where we see Taemin, Jonghyun, and Eli hugging.  Miley slides off of my back, which catches the attention of the other three, who tear apart. 

 

*Miley’s point of view*

       The whole world seems to freeze while Onew and I are wondering what was going on with Taemin Dongsaeng, Jonghyun Oppa, and Eli Oppa, and they are wondering what was going on with us.  Onew looks me in the eyes and nods; we have to tell them.  And so we do.  They don’t look surprised.  Jonghyun sighs and tells us that Taemin Dongsaeng and Eli Oppa are really “hitting it off, if you get my drift.”  I get it, alright.  I’ve been noticing their glances at each other and their body language.  Always facing each other, Eli Oppa’s protective stance, and other little things like that.  Even though I’m a 2min shipper, I think Taemin Dongsaeng and Eli Oppa look cute together and I’m happy either way.

       Onew doesn’t take it so lightly though.  I think he’s waking the other people in the house, but he doesn’t seem to care.  He’s just lecturing Taemin about Minho and everything like that.  Onew seems to think that Eli is a bad influence.  I place my hand on his arm, telling him that he should calm down a bit.  It’s Taemin’s choice, and if he likes Eli, he likes Eli.  If he doesn’t like Minho, he doesn’t like Minho.  Onew seems to listen and calm down a bit.