Deathbed

SOS (Save our Ships)

*Jonghyun’s point of view*

       The words echo in my head for what seems like forever.  My heart doesn’t seem to be beating, but I’m not unconscious, so it must be.  The world somewhat fades away as I lower myself to the ground, bracing my shaking hands against the wall to stay steady.  Not like that does any good; the whole room is spinning around me.  I feel like I’m going to throw up.  It must be a joke.  A mean, mean, cruel joke.  I try to laugh, but it won’t come.

       Because I know.  I know it’s not a joke.  My brain tells me that this is a dream.  That I’ll wake up and Key will be right next to me.  But deep down, I know that this is all reality.  Cold, hard, damn painful reality.  I know it’s true, but my heart has yet to shatter and my eyes have yet to cry.  Everything is dull and I feel numb all over.  I know it’s real, but it has yet to sink in.  My life, my whole world, has been thrown down the drain. 

       Then, my tears fall.  Then, my heart breaks.  Then, I’m destroyed.  I’m crying uncontrollably for what feels like an hour until I hear footsteps and familiar voices talking.  I look up and see the blurry outlines of U-KISS and Miley.  They ask me why I haven’t been at the doors.  I don’t understand.

       “Key.  He’s in a room back there,” Dongho points behind him.  “We decided to leave and give you guys space.  He actually had a small chance of surviving.  So instead of sitting on your , crying your eyes out on the staircase like a damsel in distress, go sit on your and cry outside the doors of room seventeen like a man.”

       “F-four seventeen?”  I stutter. Maybe my life isn’t utterly destroyed.  Maybe my heart has isn’t totally broken.  Maybe my eyes haven’t really cried.  

       For a split second, I have hope.  Maybe I can see him one last time and tell him how sorry I am.  How wrong I was.  How I shouldn’t have let him go.  How I regret everything.  But most of all, how much I love him.  Then I’m snapped back to reality; I’m wasting time.  I jump up, hug everyone, and run to room four seventeen.

       As I turn the corner, I see the other members of SHINee waiting outside a pair of annoyingly medical hospital doors.  They smile weakly when they see me.  Then they tell me that we should get a verdict soon and that we aren’t allowed to see him until the procedure is finished.  What if he doesn’t make it through that?  Apparently the look on my face gave my thoughts away, because then everyone glances at each other nervously.  Then I get it.

       If Key doesn’t make it through this, we won’t be able to say goodbye.  I won’t be able to apologize.  He won’t be able to die knowing how much I love him.  But I swear, if he does make it, he will never forget what I’m going to do.

*Key’s point of view*

       Jonghyun . . . please.  I’m dying; the least you could do is show up.  My thoughts are jarred as they stab yet another needle into my abused body.  I don’t think I can take this anymore.  I’m going to die anyways; what’s the point?  I just wish I could see Jonghyun one last time.  Then, I hear something.

       A beautiful sound.  The most exquisite and dazzling sound I have ever heard in all of my life.  A sound that makes my heart swell with its constant vibrations.  A sound that makes my stomach tremble with tension.  It is the sound that gives me the will to live again.  I am dedicated to this one sound.  There is a soft spot in my heart for this noise.  This inspiring sound.  A voice.  The voice.  My voice.

       Okay, not mine as in the voice I use to talk, but as in the voice that belong to someone that is mine.  Jonghyun.  He came.  When he speaks, I can hear that he has been crying from the pain in his voice.  Poor baby!  That’s when I push myself out of the torture I was going through with Sekyung’s venom.  I will live.

       Half an hour and five bazillion needle pricks later, they tell me that I’m going to live.  I feel my diva smirk spread across my face.  That’s when I get a great idea.  Thankfully, the doctors will go along with it.  They don’t seem happy about it though.  But it will make me happy.  Only me, but it will be funny.  Again, only for me.

       I lie back down and close my eyes.  Jonghyun is going to be so freaking mad at me, but it’s going to be entertaining in my opinion.  I mean really, it serves him right for abandoning me like that.  Then, they wheel me out of the room.  I try my best to hide my breathing, so it looks like I’m dead.  Not laughing is hard when everyone gasps in horror.  It’s Jonghyun’s reaction I’m anticipating so much. 

       As I predicted, Jonghyun fell to his knees beside my bed, resting his head next to mine.  His hair is poking my ear and it tickles.  Then he starts crying.  I feel a twinge of guilt, but I continue my act for a little bit longer.  When I really can’t take it and longer, I move my head and kiss his adorable and tear-stained cheek.

       He lifts his shocked face and a huge grin paints itself into my lips.  I sit up and encircle my skinny arms around his neck, telling him how sorry I am and if he’ll forgive me.  He whispers that he’s sorry too and of course he’ll forgive me.  His arms snake around my waist as I put my forehead on his, tears dangerously threatening to spill out of both of our eyes.

       Then I ram my lips onto his, nervous about his reaction.  My anxiety doesn’t last long; he kisses me back with twice as much force.  Our lips won’t part for a second.  The kiss becomes violent and hungry, our fingers getting massively tangled in each other’s hair.  But the time comes when we both need air.

       “Kibum,” Jonghyun says, out of breath.  “Will you marry me?”

 

 

 

wow guys i cant believe this story is almost over! T^T thank you all for subscribing and liking my story ^_^ i dont find it that amazing (i wrote this a few years ago, posted it, and deleted it, but recently decided to post it again)  if you think this is good, i would appreciate it if you checked out my other stories because i find those (MUCH) better than this >_< they are all oneshots.

 

i need to be more involved with my subscribers... so whats your favorite part of the story so far?