Miley

SOS (Save our Ships)

*Onew’s point of view*

       I am sitting in Jonghyun and Key’s favorite park, moping over the loss of my beloved chicken.  It’s really pretty here, but I swear it would be prettier if I had Miley 482 with me.  I feel a tear slip out.  I don’t even care to wipe it away.  After that one fell, more came.  I feel like my heart has been stolen and then crushed and scratched (by a chicken) and then given back to me, all destroyed. 

       I don’t notice anything until I hear a beautiful voice ask me if I’m okay.  I look up and see a cute girl with wide, caring, brown, adorable eyes staring down at me; but not in a creeper way, but like she’s actually concerned over me.  I meet her eyes and feel something really weird in my stomach.  It’s like bats decided to have a party.  It makes me uncomfortable.  The female is skinny, kinda scrawny, but in a natural way.  She has a really sharp nose and she reminds me of a chicken.

       “Are you okay?” She asks again, this time more worried.  I tell her that I’m not okay and why.  Even though I don’t know her, I feel like I could tell her everything and she would listen.  “You’re upset about that, too?  I’ve never met anyone who was that interested in chicken either!”  I tell her about my chicken obsession and Onew Condition.  She freaks out because she’s a huge SHINee fan, and apparently has Onew Condition, too.  Well, according to her friends.

       “Well, I know your name, but you don’t know mine.  I’m Miley.  I know you probably think that’s a weird name, but I’m from America.  I was adopted,” she explains.  Miley.  I smile.  She would think it’s weird if I told her that I named all of my chicken “girlfriends” Miley.  All 481 of them.  There’s something special about this girl; I just don’t know what yet. 

       We talk for over an hour.  Turns out, we have a lot in common!  I’m her favorite member in SHINee; I’m pleased to find out.  She asks about the other members leaving.  Somehow, I feel like I can trust her.  I tell her the truth.  The whole truth.  She’s a huge Jongkey shipper, too.  And 2min.  I ask her who she pictures me with.

       “Me,” she answers, grinning.  I have to admit, Miley is the coolest fangirl I’ve ever met!  She understands me in ways even SHINee doesn’t.  Plus, she isn’t a crazed, obsessive, clingy fangirl.  She hasn’t tried to take my shirt off or anything.  Or worse.  I’m happy to hang out with her.  She makes me happy.  I’m distracted from the Chicken Dilemma when I talk to her. 

       All too soon, she gets a text, telling her that she needs to go home.  From her boyfriend.  My world shatters, but I don’t understand why.  Why?  Why do I care so much if she has a boyfriend?  I don’t know if I’ll ever see her again, but it would be weird to give her my number because of her boyfriend.  I lecture myself about even considering giving my number to a fangirl.  All of them turn out to be stalkers, right?

       I tell her goodbye and give her an awkward hug.  Miley gives me a small piece of paper and walks off.  I stare after her for a few seconds and then turn around, about to walk home.  I hear footsteps.  I turn back around and see Miley.  She kisses my cheek and runs off.  I feel tingly inside.  And warm.  My cheek feels like an electric socket; I think I could charge my phone on it right now.

       I remember the paper in my hand and open it.  My mouth hangs open.  It has her phone number and a little note, “text me- I want to see you again, Miley.”  My heart starts beating really fast and my breathing is uneven. I don’t understand what’s going on.  One minute, I’m crying, the next, I’m happier than I’ve ever been in my entire life.

       I head back home, feeling like I’m floating.  The others notice a difference during dinner, too.  I just shrug.  Later, Jonghyun barges into my room.  I jump up, realizing that I have been writing Miley’s name all over a piece of paper, so I turn it over.

       “What’s up?” Jonghyun asks.  I can’t believe he’s really asking this; the answer is obvious!

       “The sky, duh,” I reply.

       “I mean, what happened at the park?” Jonghyun insists, rolling his eyes.  I tell him everything- from the crying to the bats to the text to the paper to the kiss to the number.

       “Bats?!?!  I think you mean butterflies,” Jonghyun laughs.  So that’s what people mean when they get butterflies!  It makes sense now.  “But you need to text her- now.” I gladly agree, and she responds almost immediately.  We plan to meet at the park again tomorrow.

       Jjong leaves me to text Miley.  I don’t get up from my spot until I hear Jonghyun tell everyone about me “liking” a girl.

       “YAAAAAAAAAAAH!” I scream, as I run into the room.  “I don’t like ANYONE!  I’ll never be unfaithful to Miley!”  Jonghyun smirks.  “THE CHICKEN!”

       “If you say so,” Jonghyun teases.  I cross my arms over my chest, sending death glares at everyone.

       The next day, I head over to the park so that I can see Miley again.  I’m not looking where I’m going and almost bump into someone.  I look down and see her.  Miley.  I smile.  Instantly, my world seems brighter.  I don’t understand why, though.

       It doesn’t last long; I notice that she’s crying.  My arms automatically wrap themselves around her, wanting her to feel better.  I ask her why she’s so sad.

       “M-m-my b-boyfriend broke up-p with me l-last n-n-night,” she mumbles into my chest.  I pull her closer, her hair.  My face heats up.  It feels kinda like a fever, but I’m not sick.  I tell Miley that everything will be okay and whoever would ever break up with her is an idiot.

       “No it won’t!”  She bawls.  I just want to cry with her. “W-w-we had an apartment together.  It was technically his, so he kicked me out; I don’t have anywhere to go!”  I think fast.  What about Minho’s room?  U-KISS has taken Key’s old room.  He hasn’t used that room in years, though.  Key insists on sharing a room with Jonghyun.  I don’t even want to know what they do in there . . .

       “Why don’t you stay at our house?”  I suggest before I can think over the idea.  Stupid Onew Condition.  It’s so obvious that she’s a stalker.  I can’t take back my offer, though; that would be mean.  I already know that she’s going to me though. 

       Maybe just seeing her eyes light up will be worth it.  She looks up at me with those beautiful brown eyes and I take her hand, pulling her towards my car.  This is probably a bad idea, but I can’t stand to see her cry.

       I lead her to the house.  When I open the door, I hear a high pitched scream for “Jonghyunnie.”  Weird, but it sounds like Sekyung.  I know it’s not her though, because they haven’t even talked since they “broke up.”

       “Come any closer and you both die,” the annoying voice squeaks.  Then, Sekyung walks into the room, sees it’s just me, and puts down the frying pan.  I wince as she yells to “Jonghyunnie” that it’s just “Onew and his giiiiiiirlfriiiiiiiend.”

       “YAH!” We scream in unison.  My face heats up again as we look at each other.  Her face is all red and hot, too.

       Jonghyun walks in, obviously wanting to meet Miley, along with Taemin and U-KISS.  Desperate to get the attention off of us, I ask why Sekyung is here.  They explain what happened yesterday.  Then, they turn the question around about Miley.

       Everyone listens intently over what happened as we explain it.  We.  Why does that one word sound so much better when I’m talking about me and Miley?

 

*Key’s point of view*

       The tears won’t stop pouring out; I feel like a faucet.  I can’t believe that he’s getting back together with that pabo!  That annoying, whiney pabo!!!  The nerve of him!  He knows that I’ll hear about it; he’s just trying to get me jealous.  Well, it sure is working!  I’ve never been jealous of annoying, whiney pabo before, but she gets to spend time in his arms, to kiss him. . . that lucky dog.  Female breeding dog, to be exact.

       If he’s going to be a huge jerk, I don’t know why I’m even crying over the fact that he’s forgotten about me.  When I get out of this stinkhole, I’m definitely not going back.  I don’t need that loser.  I’ll never love him again.  He was just a waste of all those years . . .

       Okay.  Those were lies.  Those were the best years of my life.  I’ll love him even after I die.  And I definitely need that loser.  I don’t know about going back.  If he’s just going to be with Sekyung, I’m not sure I want to.  It’ll just be too painful, seeing him with her . . . that would kill me.  Plus, I would have to sleep in my room again . . . in my own bed . . . by myself.  That would be scary!

       I hate being alone at night.  One of my favorite things with Jonghyun was when we were falling asleep, when I could curl up in his arms.  As soon as we’d crawl into bed, those long, muscular snakes would find their way around me and I would be safe.  Then, he would sing softly to me while I’d curl up against him.  As I’d drift off, away from the world, he would whisper cute, sweet, fluffy things in my ear.  He would feel my smile on his shoulder and I would feel his warm breath on my neck.  Then, we’d fall into a deep sleep.

       I smile through my tears.  These memories are now bittersweet.  They hurt to remember, but I don’t want to forget them.  People should never forget the best moments of their lives.  While I’m thinking about my best moments, I fall asleep, but not without imagining myself in Jonghyun’s arms, calling him “yeobo,” and him kissing me until the world fades away. 

 

*Taemin’s point of view*

       I wake up the next morning, crying my eyes out.  I had a dream about Minho.  He was in trouble- tied to a wall.  Key Umma was there, too.  They had been kidnapped.  There was also a big screen that showed what was going on in our house.  But only the things that would get them upset.

       I watched as Minho saw me fall asleep in Eli’s arms the other night.  Tears were streaming down his face as Eli was playing with my hair.  Meanwhile, Key was watching Sekyung try to take Jonghyun back.  That was . . . disturbing.  No one should watch Sekyung plaster herself to her ex.  And I’d rather not think about Key’s reaction.  No one should go through that much pain.  Not even Sekyung.

       Okay, I lied.  She deserves it.  After everything she did to Jonghyun and then trying to take him back . . . plus, making Key go insane.  He was throwing everything he was given and hit the walls until his hands were bleeding waterfalls.

       His eyes were so full of pain and love and hate and . . . regret.  They finally had to knock him out.  But not before he whispered one heart stabbing sentence.  It appeared to be the only thing that he knew he knew for sure.

       “I love you, Jonghyun.”

       The words echoed around the room as Key went limp; everyone was affected.  Even the guards looked like the words stabbed them.  The way he said those four words . . . they sent shivers up my spine.

       Just thinking about these reactions pushes a squeak out of me.  It’s louder than I hoped.  I start to feel bad, wondering if I woke anyone up.  I think I did, because then Eli walks into my room, looking worried.

       “I’m sorry I woke you,” I say, looking in Eli’s soft brown eyes.

       “I’ve been awake for an hour; you didn’t wake me up.  But what was that squeak about?”  He turns on the light and sees my tears. “Is everything alright?  Are you okay?”  I tell him about my dream, crying harder, and he envelopes my in his arms.

       My heart starts beating rapidly when Eli pulls me onto his lap and places his forehead on mine, looking straight through my pink-rimmed eyes.  Then, the rest of the world slips away as he leans forward and kisses me quickly.  Too quickly.  He picks me up, sets me on my bed, and hurries out of the room.

       My face heats up as my lips continue to tingle.  I bite my bottom lip as I think about some things.  One, I don’t remember feeling that when Minho kissed me.  Two, why did Eli kiss me?  We’ve only known each other for a couple days.  And three, I would like, no LOVE it if he did that again.