Dreams, Flashbacks, and Sekyung

SOS (Save our Ships)

*Taemin’s point of view*

       I cry myself to sleep in Eli’s arms.  Gosh, he’s really comfortable.  I can feel his rock-hard abs through his shirt as I’m drifting off into a peaceful, tear-stained sleep.

       I dream about Minho.  About the day we first met . . .

       It was the day that us SHINee members met each other.  I was the last to arrive.  The first thing I saw was two boys (Key and Jonghyun) jumping up and down together.  Then, they suddenly flew into each other’s arms; they looked like they were barely able to breathe.  I remember thinking that they looked very cute together.  I looked away, embarrassed.  That was when I saw him, standing quietly off to the side.  I was startled at his panda-like appearance.  I barely noticed the other boy, Jinki (later known as Onew), eating chicken in the corner as I walked over to Pandaboy.  He smiled as I introduced myself and said that his name was Minho. 

       As time went on, I realized that I really loved Minho.  Pretty soon, Jonghyun and Key admitted their feeling to each other, and I realized that I had to tell Minho how I felt before it was too late.  It was before one of our concerts.  I had MAJOR butterflies and Minho wrapped his arm around my small waist.  I took the opportunity.  I leaned upwards and kissed him on the cheek. 

       Minho looked shocked and stood still for a minute.  When he (FINALLY) moved, it was to lean over and lightly kiss me on my lips.  It was really light and quick, but it sent a shiver up my spine.  I blushed and looked down at our really awesome shoes but I had a really stupid grin plastered to my face.  Minho pushed me lightly to get me to start walking onto the stage where the rest of the members were. 

       It was my best performance yet!  My dancing had never been better; my singing had never been better.  I think the audience could feel my energy and were going crazy, screaming all of our names.  I scanned the audience, looking everyone in the eyes; the girls just screamed louder.  Then I saw him.  Eli. In the front row, smiling at me.  My heart started pounding and I started breathing faster and faster. 

       Then, I resaw my little “scene” with Minho, but when I saw his face, it was Eli. 

       . . . Then I woke up.  It was all a dream.  Up until the part with Eli, everything was true; that was how Minho and I got together.  But that “scene” with Eli . . . that was crazy.  I never liked Eli like that, but that really made me wonder.  Plus, Minho left me, so he obviously doesn’t care what the hell I do.  Heck, I could start going out with Eli, for all he cares.  Maybe I should.  Maybe that’s what the dream meant.  To let Minho know that if he doesn’t care, I don’t care. 

       I look up, and see Eli smiling at me.  We are still on the couch, my head in Eli’s lap.  He’s my hair and tells me that he likes my hair.  I recall when Minho said that I need a haircut.  I smile back at Eli and thank him.  At least he likes my hair like this.  He ruffles my hair and I giggle.  I love it when people do that.  It feels funny and makes me happy.  This guy is cooler than I ever thought he was.  I’m glad that he’s going to stay with us and cook. 

       Maybe he can teach me to cook more than just cookies.  Then I could hang out with him more.  I just now notice that Eli is playing with my hair and we’re looking each other in the eyes.  He tells me how he’s been a huge SHINee fan ever since we debuted; I scream inside and my heart beats a million time faster as he leans closer.  My breathing is becoming uneven.  I am completely unaware of the other U-KISS members watching us intently.

       “Good morning everyone!” Jonghyun shouts as he walks into the room.  Eli and I shoot up, embarrassed and blushing fiercely.  I don’t know if he saw us or not, but he doesn’t say anything (THANK GOODNESS!).  Then Jonghyun pulls me away as U-KISS gets to work, making our breakfast.  Oh, crap.  He’s gonna talk to me about what he saw . . . oh, good.  He just tells me to leave them alone while they work.  I’m still nervous though.

 

                            *Minho’s point of view*      

       I open my eyes slowly, blinking a couple of times in the bright light.  How long have I been out if it?  Ten minutes?  An hour?  A day?  A week?  Then I think about something.  Where am I?  Who did this?

       I look around and see Key, still unconscious.  I notice that we are shackled to the wall.  Wait.  Is Taemin okay?  Where is he? What if they have him too?  What about the others?  I’m really worried now. 

       “I see you’re finally up,” She comments.  I know what you’re thinking- I don’t know who She is either, but she sure is scaring me.  Her voice is echoy, like She’s using a machine to talk.  Crap.  She could be a guy.  It makes sense.  In movies, bad guys use machines to sound like girls and vice versa.

       Awwww man; what if It’s Justin Bieber???  I am suddenly a million times more scared than before.  Beside me, Key starts stirring.  A couple minutes later, he wakes up.

       “Wha-?” Key asks, blinking in the harsh light.  “Wha-what happened?”

       “You have been captured and tied to my wall,” It explains.

       “Like that isn’t obvious,” Key mumbles.  I kick him in the leg; I don’t know how it will react to sarcasm.

       “Where are the others?” I ask.  If It had hurt Taemin in any way, so help me, I would skin that monster alive.

       “They are still at your old house.  I have hidden cameras in there so I can watch what they’re doing.  Also, so I can show you what’s going on if you didn’t believe me,” It offers.

       “Show me Taemin,” I demand.  A huge screen lowers from the ceiling.  It flickers on and I see a ton of people sitting in our living room.  It takes me a minute to realize that it’s U-KISS.  But I don’t see Tae . . . Now I do.  And I regret it right away.  His head is in Eli’s lap!  Eli is now playing with Tae-Baby’s hair.  I see their lips move, but I can’t hear what they’re saying.  Eli is leaning towards Taemin.

       Oh crap, they.  Are.  About.  To.  Freaking.  Kiss!  If this isn’t what a shattering heart feels like, I don’t know what is.  My heart suffers like a million daggers are being stabbed into it every second until it gives way and splinters.  But I still feel where my heart was though, and it hurts so much.

       Thank goodness for Jonghyun, who walks in right before Eli (that son of a- never mind) kisses my Taemin.  If I ever see Jonghyun again, I’ll have to thank him.  Either way, Taemin has already replaced me.  I start to cry, not even caring who, or what, is watching me.  But I guess it’s my fault; I shouldn’t have left him.

       “It really to be replaced, doesn’t it?” our kidnapper asks.

       “How long have we been gone?” I ask without bothering to answer.  I just want to know how long it took for Taemin to replace me.

       “Four days,” It answered. “U-KISS arrived last night.”  Like I needed to know that.  Three days.  It took Taemin three freaking days to replace me.  Man, he works fast.

 

*Key’s point of view*

       Wow.  I feel really bad for Minho.  Taemin and Eli were really about to kiss, with Minho watching.  Well, they didn’t know that Minho was watching, BUT STILL!  Whatever, it reminds me of my first kiss with Jonghyun.  I remember it well and can still feel his lips on mine.  They’re so soft and pink and just perfect.  It was the day we confessed our love . . .

       I had just told him that I thought he knew that I loved him from the way I was staring at him like he was a glass of water and I had been stranded in the desert for three months without food or water.  Jonghyun scooted closer to me and put his arm around me when Boys Over Flowers came back on.

       I couldn’t pay attention to the drama though, and put my head on Jonghyun’s shoulder.  He loved me.  Kim Jonghyun really freaking LOVED ME!  He wasn’t paying attention either and cupped my chin so that he could look me in the eyes.  His forehead was touching mine and my breathing was uneven, while my heart was having a wild party in my chest.

       Jjongy leaned forward and softly pressed his lips on mine.  That was when things changed inside of me.  I knew that life would never be the same.  I knew that I could never love anyone else.  I knew that this was it.  But somehow, the only thing I knew was that I was absolutely, unconditionally, and insanely in love with Kim Jonghyun.

       Before he could pull away, I grabbed his head and forced it back and kissed him harder.  My beautiful oppa wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer while my hands got themselves tangled in his soft, silky, fluffy, y hair.

       After that, I was barely aware of anything except for Jonghyun kissing me.  We didn’t hear the door open and the others walk in.  We didn’t notice them until Minho coughed to let us know that they were there.  Embarrassed, we shot up.  Taemin started giggling at our messy hair, shortage of breath, and wrinkled clothes.  I had been sandwiched between Jonghyun and the couch (not that I minded).  Onew just smirked at us and took a bite out of his chicken. 

       Just thinking about when we were happy makes me start crying.  I can’t even imagine what Minho feels like right now.  Even thinking about Jonghyun just considering kissing someone else makes my heart split.  What if he’s thinking about someone else right now?  What if he’s totally over me, like Taemin is with Minho? 

       I am a little reassured when Jonghyun walks out of his room again, wearing the sweater I gave to him for his birthday last year.  It was a great day.  I cry harder as I remember it- one of the best days of my life . . .

       I woke up at 5:22 AM on April 8 and remembered that it was Jonghyun’s birthday.  I wondered why I woke up so early, recalling that Jjong announced the night before that he wanted to sleep late.  I looked to my right and saw him staring at me.  I realized that he had woken me up.  Whatever happened to sleeping late?  Jonghyun put a finger to his lips, telling me to be quiet.

       We quickly got dressed and he dragged me outside.  Then I asked him what the hell was going on; I thought he wanted to sleep late.

       “Are you really complaining, Kibum?” Jjong asked. “We’re sneaking out of the house because I want to spend the day with you.  I didn’t want anyone to protest, so I decided to get us out of the house early.  Again, are you complaining?”  I didn’t answer, but flew into Jonghyun’s arms.  I don’t remember how the next part happened, but we spent the next ten minutes glued to each other’s faces.  I swear, I think Jonghyun put glue on his lips or something, because we were kinda stuck there for a long time.  I’m not complaining though!

       When we finally broke apart, we ran around the corner, where my wonderful oppa had a car waiting for us.  It took us to the park.  We sat down on a bench, his arm around me and my head on his shoulder.  We just sat there, talking, for a while.

       I stopped the conversation by tilting his head towards me and squashing his lips onto mine.  His hands found their way to my neck and he angled my head down a bit.  Oops, I’d forgotten how short he was.  Then he intertwined his fingers in my hair as he kissed me harder.

       I swear, I think he exercises his lips or something because they are really strong!  Either that or we kiss waaaaaaaaay too much.  Again, not complaining.

       At 8:00, we made our way to a random pancake shop.  Once we had our food, which was just one stack of pancakes (we were sharing), Jonghyun grabbed my hand under the table.  We shared a secret grin and started eating.

       After breakfast, we went to the mall.  That was where we found the sweater.  He loved it right away and I bought it for him.  Most of the time though, we were just walking around and talking.  Man, how I wish I could turn back time!

       For lunch, we got some ramen.  Again, we shared.  Then, we got some ice cream and just window shopped around Seoul, Jonghyun dragging me, by the hand, behind me.  He really is like a puppy- so energetic and lovable.

       “Come on, Kibum!” Jonghyun shouted while I was standing there, daydreaming about how amazing my boyfriend was.  I apologized and followed after my puppy-dino-boyfriend. 

       When it was time for dinner, we went back to the house.  I cooked all of his favorite foods, while Jjong got lectured about sneaking out.  I just smiled to myself, remembering everything that happened.

       I’m bawling now, but I don’t care.  I just want my Jonghyun oppa back. 

 

*Jonghyun’s point of view*

       Well, that was awkward.  I’ve never walking in on people about to kiss before.  I’ve been walked in on, but never the other way around.  Taemin and Eli are really cute together, but I’m still a 2min shipper.  Although, I prefer Jongkey for obvious reasons.  I was never a huge fan of Jongkyung.  Jongkey all the way, people! 

       So is the new thing “Taeli” now?  I CAN’T BELIEVE THEY ALMOST KISSED!  I saw them last night at midnight, too.  I was going to get some water and I saw Taemin’s head in Eli’s lap.  They were both fast asleep.  Taemin is so cute when he’s sleeping!  That reminds me of the CUTEST fan picture of Tae and Minho that I saw on Twitter. 

       Speaking of Twitter, I log on and the first thing I see is that AJ has posted a picture of “Taeli” in the middle of the night!  Oh, crap, so many people have seen it already.  Even if he takes it down, everyone knows about it.  Word has gotten out.  I wonder if Minho saw it.  What would he think?

       I see a mental picture of Key, asleep, with his head in Seungri’s lap.  Even the thought brings tears to my eyes.  It doesn’t help that Taemin is blasting “Lonely” by 2NE1, his favorite girl group.  They were Sekyung’s favorite, too.

       Sekyung.  I shudder.  She’s such a nightmare!  She’s everything you don’t want in a girlfriend, personality wise.  No matter how much of a- never mind, she is, she’s still really pretty.  But gosh, her whisper is the Lucifer!

       She’s mean, bossy, snappy, demanding, conceited, boring, uncaring, and whiney.  She would totally flirt with other guys RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE.

I hear the doorbell ring and I shout that I’ll get it.  You will never believe who it is.  My mouth hangs open in surprise.  I can’t believe my luck; of all days, of all times! Why now?

       “Long time, no see, Jonghyun,” she says, raising her eyebrows at my shocked face.  That little . . .

       “S-S-Sekyung! What are you doing here?” I stutter.

       “No manners, as usual.  No wonder I broke up with you,” she sighs.  What the hell is she talking about? I broke up with her, not the other way around.  She’s worse than I remember.  “This is no way to treat your guest.” Guest? She walks into the house; since when did I invite her over?

       “Who invited you here?” I question.

       “Me. Surprise!” she answers.  Damn, she’s annoying!  I can’t believe I put up with her for NINE MONTHS.  I can guarantee that those were the worst nine months of my life. The deal with our labels was a year, but I couldn’t take it any longer and “broke up” with her after nine months.  I am shaken out of my thoughts when I hear Taemin scream.  Sekyung is nowhere to be seen.  I run into the living room, where I heard the scream.  Taemin is in Eli’s arms, crying, and Sekyung is sitting on the couch.

       “W-w-w-what is she doing here?  Don’t tell me you got back together with her!  She scares me, and she’s mean!  And what about Key?!?!” Taemin cries.

       “Thanks,” Sekyung responds, sarcastically.  I roll my eyes and tell Tae that I don’t know why she’s here and maybe he should ask her.  Taemin looks scared to speak or even look at the monster.  I don’t blame him.

       “I’m here because I want to talk to Jjongy,” she answers before Tae can even ask.  Well, she could have called first!  Or why not just leave it to a call.  Or maybe a text.  It would be much less stressful!