Rain, Thunder, And His Arms

Love Battle
 
 
Tiffany woke up from her sleep, smelling a delicious food coming from the kitchen. She smiled, washed up, then exited her room excitedly. 
 
 
"hey, what are you making?" she asked while making her way to the kitchen
 
 
"oh, you're awake? Uhm, it's pancake.." Yul smiled, gesturing to the food on the pan
 
 
"really? Woaah, i love pancake.." she smiled even wider
 
 
"is that so?"
 
 
"mmm.." she nodded like a kid
 
 
"well, wait a minute and it'll be ready.."
 
 
"okay.." 
 
 
Not long enough, the breakfast were served on the table. Tiffany tried the pancake and she couldn't help but to feel happier. It wasn't just a simple pancake, because it reminded her of her grandmother who used to make it for her. 
 
 
 
"it's really good, I like your cooking.." she said while pouring some milk to her pancake 
 
 
"glad you like it, here taste it.." he handed her the other one with honey on top
 
 
"mmm, it's nice. What else you can do, Mr.Kwon?"
 
 
"well, just find it out by yourself.." he chuckled
 
 
"fine.." she giggled
 
 
The lovely breakfast continued. The room filled with laughs and jokes. It's been awhile since Tiffany could laugh freely like that. For all this time, she had been very busy, no time to have fun and laughed hard like that. 
 
 
"what are we gonna do today?" he asked while washing the dishes
 
 
"uhm, movie marathon?" 
 
 
"sounds good.." 
 
 
 

 

 
 
"Yul.."
 
 
"hmm?"
 
 
"have you ever thought of quitting?"
 
 
"what do you mean?"
 
 
"i mean, being soldier is risky. It stakes your life, you can't make sure that you'll come home safely.." 
 
 
"i know, but i promise to myself that i'll fight for this country.." 
 
 
"when does the next war come?" 
 
 
"probably in 3 months, i'm not sure.." 
 
 
Tiffany didn't say anything anymore. She somehow felt sad to know that he would risk his life. She didn't want him to be a soldier, and involved into a war.
 
Without she realized, she already rested her head on his shoulder and fell asleep. Yul carried her to her room, layed her down on the bed, tucked her in a blanket, and left the room quietly. 
 
 
 
 
"KYAAAAA"
 
 
"Tiffany?!!"
 
 
A sound of thunder could be heard, followed by a scream, Yul jerked up and immadiately ran into Tiffany's room. He found her hugging her knees, crying. And he rushed to her side.
 
 
"what happened?" he asked worriedly
 
 
Instead of answering, Tiffany cried even harder. Another thunder came, making a really loud terrible sound. And she jumped into his embrace immadiately. He knew right away that she was scared of thunder.
 
 
"hey, it's okay, i'm here.." 
 
 
Tiffany kept crying, and her grip on Yul getting tighter. He caressed her back while saying smooth things, trying to comfort her. 
 
 
"don't be scared, i'll protect you, remember?" 
 
 
That words somehow felt so comforting. Tiffany stopped crying miraculously after hearing Yul said that words. Even so, she still didn't let go, her grip loosen but not completely. 
 
 
"it was just thunder, it won't harm you.." 
 
 
Tiffany tried to control her breath. Once she calmed down, she pulled herself away slowly. Seeing her puffy eyes, he wiped her tears gently.
 
 
 
"i like rain, but i hate thunder.." she managed to say
 
 
"why?" he asked softly
 
 
"i like rain because it reminds me of my mother's smile, she likes rain a lot. But thunder reminds me of my mother's death.." 
 
 
"it maybe hard for you, but you don't have to be scared anymore. I'm here and i'll stay. I'll make sure that you're safe.."
 
 
"thank you.." she said sincerely
 
 
Tiffany settled herself back to his embrace. She didn't use her brain at this moment, she let her heart controlled her, and she didn't care for anything anymore. She just wanted to stay like that, stay safe in his arms. 
 
Minutes passed, and she slowly drifted into sleep. Meanwhile, Yul stayed awake, making sure that she felt comfortable.
 
 
 
"goodnight, princess.."