Coincidence

Love Battle
 
 
Yul exited a grocery with a plastic bag in his hand. Not many people in the street, it was pretty quiet. He looked up to the sky, at least it wasn't empty, the sky filled with stars and so he smiled at the sight. 
 
He stopped walking due to a screaming sound that could be heard not far from him. He ran to the voice, and found a woman wearing hoodie surrounded by jerks.
 
He dropped his groceries, then rushed to help the woman. He could manage to beat them up even though he could feel his wound that weren't fully healed were bleeding again. 
 
 
He winced in pain while slowly approaching the poor woman. The woman was hugging her knees while burrying her face in her hands. 
 
 
 
"hey Miss, are you okay?"
 
 
The woman took off her hoodie, then looked up. He was surprised to see her, and so does she. What a coincidence. 
 
 
"Miss Hwang?" 
 
 
"soldier?" 
 
 
"uh, are you okay?" he asked worriedly
 
 
"i'm scared.."
 
 
"you're safe now, Miss. Don't worry.."
 
 
 
"thank you for helping me.." she nodded while wiping her tears
 
 
"it's my duty to help people who are in danger.." he smiled
 
 
"right.." she nodded
 
 
 
"anyway, what are you doing here, Miss?" 
 
 
"uhm, take me to your place, then i'll tell you.." 
 
 
"My place? But-"
 
 
"just take me with you.." she said firmly
 
 
"i'll get in trouble, Miss. What if Mr.President knows?"
 
 
"he won't, and you won't get in trouble, trust me.."
 
 
"but-"
 
 
"i need a safe place, please.." she said, almost begged
 
 
He sighed, "okay.." 
 
 
Yul didn't have choice, or he did? Well, he just didn't want Tiffany to beg. Besides, she would tell him later, right? They walked to his place since it was only 2 blocks away. No exchanged words, just walking side by side. 
 
 
"we're here.." 
 
 
Yul said as they stopped in front of a small house. It was nothing to compare to Hwang mansion. But it looked lovely. And since she didn't give any comment, and just nodded in response, he let her in. 
 
 
"feel free, Miss Hwang. I'll just change my clothes.."
 
 
"please drop the formality, just call me Tiffany, okay?"
 
 
"but that's inappropriate, Miss.." he refused
 
 
"i insist!" she said firmly
 
 
"alright, Miss. Uhm, i mean, Tiffany.." he said nervously
 
 
" good.." she smiled
 
 
Yul then excused himself, and Tiffany wandered around the house. She found his family's photo, and took one of them. She smiled, he looked younger in the photo. 
 
 
Yul took off his shirt slowly, and right, his wound was bleeding again. He opened the bandage carefully while bitting his lips, hoping that it would ease the pain.
 
 
"let me see.."
 
 
Yul stumbled backwards, surprised to see Tiffany in the doorway. He gulped as she made her way to him. She gasped to see his wound, the length of the wound was from his right shoulder to his left hip. 
 
She moved closer to observe his wound, and he swore his heart was almost jumped from its place. 
 
 
 
"it's really bad, how could you get this?" she looked up
 
 
"uhm, i-i got it from the last war.." he stuttered
 
 
"by a sword?"
 
 
"y-yeah by a s-sword, someone slashed me in the middle of the war.." 
 
 
 
She sighed, "let me treat your wound.." 
 
 
"no no, it's okay.." he refused 
 
 
"i'm a doctor, let me do it.." 
 
 
Yul wished for Tiffany to not hearing his thumping heart. He was really nervous. She was so close, and it made him go crazy. He forgot completely with the pain, just focused on staring at her. 
 
 
"uhm, i forget your name.." she said, not looking at him
 
 
"i-it's K-Kwon Yul.." 
 
 
"relax, Yul. Don't be so nervous.." she giggled 
 
 
Yul slapped himself mentally. That was embarassing, she noticed that he was nervous. Great, just great! His cheeks became red in an instant. 
 
 
 
"i run from my house.."
 
 
"pardon?"
 
 
"because i don't want to marry a guy that i don't love.." 
 
 
"what do you mean?" he asked confusedly
 
 
"my father choose a guy for me, his name is Sehun, the son of Prime Minister, and i should marry him. I don't want it, i know he's just want the money. I found out that he planned to kill me after marriage and set this as a pure accident.." 
 
 
"you should tell your father, or report this to the police.." 
 
 
"i can't, they won't believe me anyway. He's really good at pretending.." she said with anger in her eyes
 
 
"you don't have any evidence?" 
 
 
"no.." 
 
 
He sighed, "alright, you can stay here as long as you want.." 
 
 
 
"what about you? Do you live alone in this house?" 
 
 
"yeah.."
 
 
"your parents?" 
 
 
"my mother died because of cancer, and my father died in a war.."
 
 
"i'm sorry.." she said in concern
 
 
"it's okay.." he smiled a little
 
 
 
"so, your father was a soldier?"
 
 
"yes, that's why i want to become one.." 
 
 
"you don't have any sibling?" she asked curiously
 
 
"my little sister is in UK, she's studying to become a lawyer. She got a scholarship.." 
 
 
"that's great, she must be very clever.."
 
 
"she is.." he smiled
 
 
They continued talking, getting to know each other more, forgetting the time for a moment. Tiffany ended up sleeping on Yul's bed since his sister's room was still in a mess, and Yul slept on the couch in the living room. 
 
Yul couldn't believe that it was really happened. The goddess, daughter of Mr.President, Tiffany Hwang, staying at his place. He admired her so much, and at the same time he respected her.
 
 
 
"if it's just a dream, please just let me dream forever. I'll never want to end this beautiful dream.."