First Encounter.

Love Battle

 

 
 
Life isn't easy, it depends on us. If we think it's hard then it is. Different from life, love is universal. Everybody could experience it, that's what Kwon Yul knew. But, does a person like him deserve to feel love?
 
He never regretted his fate. Being soldier was what he could get. He fought for this country, he dedicated his life for it. Joined the army was the least he could do to make his life worth it. 
 
 
"everybody get ready! Mr.President will be arrived soon, along with his daughter.." 
 
 
Yul quickly fixed his uniform, he took his weapon then joined the other soldiers in the huge hall. They lined up and stood stright with a firm grip on their weapons. 
 
Footsteps could be heard and the lieutenant could be seen, making his way on the stage. He spoke through microphone, telling the soldiers that Mr.President had come. 
 
Right after that, Mr.President walked up to the stage, and his daughter followed afterwards. Yul was mesmerized by her beauty, his heart pounded faster with unknown reason. 
 
 
"beautiful.." was the only word that escaped from Yul's mouth
 
 
With a long black hair, pretty eyes, plump lips with pink lipstick, slim waist, and smooth milky skin, she looked undeniably beautiful. Yul couldn't take his eyes off her.
 
He watched her flipped her hair and sometimes smiled, hearing her father's speech. Somehow it could make the time stopped for awhile. And he was willing to stare at her beautiful face forever. 
 
 
"thank you for your loyalty, i'm glad to cooperate with you, soldiers. May God bless you always in the next war.." with that, Mr.President ended his speech
 
 
 

 

 
 
"Kwon Yul.."
 
 
"yes, sir.."
 
 
"Since you did a really good job last time, i give you more holiday to heal your wounds.."
 
 
"thank you, sir.."
 
 
"you can go now.."
 
 
"yes, sir.." 
 
 
Yul bowed firmly then left the room. He took his backpack, bid goodbye to his friends, then walked with a smile to the gate. His smile faded for a second, replaced with a surprise face, then smiled again even wider. 
 
The president's daughter stood not far from him. Looked like she needed some help. He walked hesitantly towards her, and she noticed his presence.
 
 
"uhm, you.." she called him
 
 
He bowed slightly, "yes, Miss?"
 
 
"can you help me?"
 
 
"sure, what can i do for you, Miss Hwang?" 
 
 
"my cat climbed up there, and now she doesn't know how to get down.." she pointed at her cat in the tree
 
 
"let me take her down.." 
 
 
He let go of his backpack, placed it under the tree, then climbed up to the tree. He took the cat carefully, then climbed down. He caressed the cat's head and gave it back to the owner.
 
 
"thank you.." 
 
 
"it's my duty to help you, Miss.." he bowed
 
 
"stop bowing, i think we're in the same age. How old are you?" she chuckled
 
 
"i'm 24, Miss.."
 
 
"i'm right, huh? We're in the same age, i'm also 24.." 
 
 
He didn't know how to respond. Talking to that girl made him went crazy. He opened his mouth to say something, but something prevented him to do it.
 
 
"Tiffany, let's go.."
 
 
"yes, dad.." 
 
 
 
"well, who's your name, soldier?" 
 
 
"it's Kwon Yul, Miss.." 
 
 
"alright, Yul. I should get going now. Thank you for saving my cat, nice to meet you.." 
 
 
She flashed a beautiful smile, a smile that reaching her eyes. And for Yul, it was the most beautiful smile he ever seen. He watched her stepped into the car, then slowly disappeared from his sight. 
 
 
 
"nice to meet you too, hope we'll meet again.." he mumbled with a wide smile