Chapter 20 - Let Go

Broken Promise

*From here, please listen to Teen Top’s ‘Missing You’*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSgmX9C1z2E

Chunji POV:
You turn your head and see that outside it is still dark, but the city is wide awake. Dark clouds gather around the sky, and it persists to rain, with the occasional clap of the thunder. You lay your head on the bed in your dormitory with your muscles achingly sore from tirelessly practicing, and you stare quietly at the ceiling. The faint hum of cars passing by the highway causes you to yawn. Let her go. Let go.

You sit up, and you focus your eyes on the flashing red lights by the side of your bed. It is 4AM in the morning. No matter how much you tried, you were unable to sleep. You glance in the corner of the room and see your box filled with old memories which you brought with you to Seoul. You take the picture of you and Madeline in kindergarden and look at the back of it.

On top of your old handwriting, there’s her handwriting, in bright, pink ink.

“Chunji, always stay with me, because I think I love you too, you pabo.”

You put two of your fingers on the bridge of your nose, and close your eyes in stress. Madeline, even if I’m kilometers away from you, you manage to kill me like this.

Your POV:
You turn on your phone and see that it’s 4AM in the morning. Why can’t I sleep? I’m going mad. You think about Zelo, and Chunji, but somehow, thinking about them together doesn’t mix well in your mind. I hate myself for being like this. I can learn to love Zelo. I'm a horrible person.

I’m know I’m selfish, but what can I do? Memories of you and Chunji swamp your mind. I’m sorry Zelo. I’m so sorry. You remember the time you dropped your ice-cream, and Chunji let you have his. The time you both ran in the rain, and both had a cold together. The time you both crammed for exams, but ended up playing games. The times he would cross-dress, to teach you ‘the ways of love’. The times you would hold his hand, and he would hold yours back. The time you fell in love with him, and the time he broke your promise.

You cried yourself to sleep that night. The next afternoon, you flip your laptop lid open, and type in ‘Teen Top’, curious of how Chunji was doing. Lists of videos and a flood of images take over your monitor, and you hesitantly click on a video.

There he was, your best friend, singing and dancing on the screen. You stared at the screen with a mix of sadness, happiness, loneliness, pride, melancholy and nostalgia. Tears fell like a steady stream from your clear brown eyes. You reached for the screen, thinking foolishly that he would come back, but you remember that he already broke your promise, and that you already let him go.

Zelo hugs you from behind, and you smile. He sweetly pecks you a kiss on your cheek and you turn around, hugging him.
“You wouldn’t dare leave me, you puppy!” you , pinching his cheeks.
“Of course I wouldn’t!” he replies enthusiastically.
“Promise?” you say in a more slower and serious tone.
“I promise.” he replies, which makes you burst into tears once again.

Zelo was the spring. He was the one who brought warmth to the cold. He loved you everyday like it was the end of the world, and you loved him like he would disappear the next day. You loved each other so much.

You glanced at the screen upon hearing Chunji’s voice. He was on the screen, his hair newly dyed a beach blonde, whilst holding a microphone in his hands. Goodbye, Chun-chun.

It's finally over... This fanfiction has officially ended! I want to say thank you for reading up to the very last words!!! I thank you, again and again I must—I must thank you for your endless support. Please look forward to more fanfiction to come, and I hope that you will enjoy my writing!!! I apologize for the depressing ending—happy endings are too typical, aren't they? I wanted to make something fresh~ I hope you liked it! Thank you again~ See you soon!!!