Chapter 2 - Killing An Angel

Broken Promise

Finally, the day of the exciting excusion has arrived, and the loud class files into the bus. Zelo stands next to you, waiting in line, then you both make eye contact. You thought it would be awkward, but he smiles warmly at you, and you feel something stirr in your heart. It makes you feel incredibly restless, as if you were suddenly given an energy boost. He lets you go in front of him.

"Can I sit next to you?" he asks ask you both duck your heads, walking through the aisle of the bus.
"Sure you can," you say to him, turning to the left to take a seat. He flops on the seat next to you.
As you silently ride the bus to the amusement park, occassionaly talking to Zelo, Chunji texts you. Right now, Zelo sleeps adorably next to you, with his head leaning on your shoulder. Phones are not allowed on school excursions—not like you and Chunji ever payed attention to rules anyway.


Chunji
1:36PM
Saturday, 16 June, 2013
Travel sickness? ;)

Madeline
1:36PM
Saturday, 16 June, 2013
A little.

Chunji
1:36PM
Saturday, 16 June, 2013
I see.



Madeline
1:36PM
Saturday, 16 June, 2013
Concerned about me, Chun-chun? ^^

Chunji
1:37PM
Saturday, 16 June, 2013
Of course not!

Madeline
1:37PM
Saturday, 16 June, 2013
Sure, sure.

Chunji
1:37PM
Saturday, 16 June, 2013
Who are you sitting next to?

Madeline
1:37PM
Saturday, 16 June, 2013
Zelooo, duh. ¬__¬

Chunji
1:37PM
Saturday, 16 June, 2013
What are you doing?



Madeline
1:37PM
Saturday, 16 June, 2013
Texting you, duh. ¬__¬

Chunji
1:38PM
Saturday, 16 June, 2013
Well, I’m sitting next to noona. ;)

Madeline
1:38PM
Saturday, 16 June, 2013
I didn’t ask you.

Chunji
1:38PM
Saturday, 16 June, 2013
Kekekeke, get bus-sick and vomit on Choi Jun Hong. :P


It was as if Chunji had jinxed you, because you did eventually fall bus-sick, but luckily, you didn’t vomit on Zelo. The bus has temporarily stopped for refilling and refreshments for the students. Immediately, you ran to the trees and vomited there. Your face was pale, your vision was blurry and your stomach felt like someone turned it over and shook it a minimum of thousand times. Chunji, who found you vomiting in the distance, ran to you and held onto your shoulders because it looked as if you were about to fall over.
“Madeline, I'll go call the teachers. You’re sick, you can’t go to the amusement park.” said Chunji strictly.
“No, I want to go.” you say, resisting his strong grip.
“Madeline, I won’t let you!” he yells, raising his voice. It's been a while since he has ever yelled at you like this. “Unless you be my partner, I won’t let you go.”
“Fine,” you say slowly. “I’ll be your partner, just.... let me go, please. I want to eat a lot of food and have fun.”
You try to smile so you don’t look as sick anymore. With all your might, you even stop gripping onto your stomach and act as if you were feeling all better. The thing about Chunji, he’s easy to lie to. He believes almost anything you say. He’s so gullible.

As you walk back into the bus, your feet find its way to Zelo. You awkwardly face in his direction to tell him about the sudden partner change.
“Uh,” you begin.
“It’s okay, I know. I heard the conversation when I ran up to help you. It’s okay, Chunji can be your partner.” he said in a disappointed tone.
He was once smiling and cheering, but now, Zelo wears an expression of pain and bitter disappointment, yet, he is understanding and kind. So kind. He makes you feel incredibly guilty.
“I’m sorry,” you say in return, not knowing the right thing to say. “I really am.”
“I know, I know.” he repeats. He tries to smile, but his face was ridden with pity and his frown could not be hidden, not even with his shaky laugh. He waves his hand out, in attempt for a casual laugh, but it seems as if he would cry. His shiny varsity jacket reflects the light. You see the corners of his mouth attempt to rise, but immediately falls again. You feel like you tore the wings off an angel.