Take Two!

Undisclosed Union

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

 

“Zzzzzz..”

“Pouty. Hey, Pouty.”

“Mom?” But mom wouldn’t call me pouty….

“Are you calling me ‘mom’?”

“Huh?” I was in a comfy bed. I opened my eyes to an unfamiliar voice and Nichkhun’s face was right there.

“Eek!”

“What do you mean, “Eek!?’ I’m no monster. Hurry and get up already!”

“HEY!!”

Nichkhun pulled the comforter off of me. I quickly jumped out of bed.

“Why did you do that?!”

“You move around a lot when you’re asleep. You were upside down on the bed. And what are those, kid’s pajamas? I don’t even feel like putting moves on you.”

“You came to put moves on me!?”

“Of course not, idiot.”

Nichkhun rolled his eyes at me. “Do you want bread or rice for breakfast?”

“I prefer bread.” I answered him.

“Allright. Hurry up and go wash up.”

That was all Nichkhun said before he left the bedroom. Oh, he came to wake me up. I stayed at Nichkhun’s apartment for the first time last night. He let me have his only bed, and he slept on the couch. But he still shouldn’t barge in where someone’s sleeping! Thanks to him I was wide awake, I stretched before I started changing.

 

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I washed my face and entered the living room. The dining table had two different sets of breakfast.

“Why do you have two types?”

“Because you wanted bread. I prefer rice for breakfast. What a hassle. If you wanted rice, I would only made one type.”

In front of Nichkhun was rice, seaweed soup, sunny-side-up eggs and broiled vegetables. It was like a breakfast they would serve at a Korean Inn. And in front of me was a croissant, omelet and green salad. It was like a breakfast they would serve at a hotel.

“If you had told me, I would have eaten the same thing as you.”

“You don’t need to apologize. You’re living in a place you’re not used to. You should eat what you like for breakfast.”

“…”

He’s blunt… but he’s actually thoughtful.

“Thank you.”

I clasped my hands in front of my chest.

“Eat up.”

I took a bite out of the steaming omelet.

“It’s delicious!”

“Of course. I made it.”

“You made both breakfast that quickly?”

“Cooking is about efficiency. Food doesn’t come out better just because you take more time with it.”

“Your eggs looks good too.”

“You have your omelet! How much do you plan on eating!?”

Nichkhun sneered as he ate his breakfast. He was eating steamed rice from a large bowl.

“You eat a lot, Nichkhun. Do you like Korean food?”

“I don’t eat a lot compared to you. But I do like Korean food.”

“What’s your favorite food?”

“Samgyupsal.”

“I see.”

“We should discuss what our favorite foods are.”

“Why?”

“In case people ask, it’d be weird for a married couple to not know these things.”

“That’s true…”

“What’s your favorite food?”

“Twin pork broth.”

“You’re a stereotypical Busan woman.”

“And soju on the rocks!”

“Soju isn’t food.”

“But the type of alcohol a person likes is important. It shows their personality. What is your favorite drink, Nichkhun?”

“I like beer.”

“Oh yeah. You were drinking beer yesterday.”

“You’re observant.”

“Chansung was drinking wine. It suits his appearance.”

“…….”

“He seems like the type that would like red over white. Even some aged stuff…”

“Stop talking about him.”

“Huh?”

“We’re talking about our favorite foods. Why are you bringing him up?”

“Are you jealous?”

“Bfft!” Nichkhun almost spit-take with his seaweed soup. “Why would I feel jealous over you?”

“I’m only kidding. You don’t have to get so mad.”

“Hmp.” Nichkhun suddenly sipped his seaweed soup.

I thought he’d joke right back. Guys are so hard to understand. We continued to talk about our hobbies and talents. It was almost like doing self-introductions during an arranged marriage meeting.

-------

 

“I think I know what kind of person you are. I’ll print out summary of our profiles. Make sure you have it all memorized.” Nichkhun spoke to me.

“Okay.”

“Hey, you don’t have any plans today, right?”

“Stop making assumptions about me! Okay, I don’t…”

“Then come to my office around lunch to deliver something to me.”

“You want me to go?”

“I want to show people that we’re a cute couple. I’ll give you a map for directions.”

“A map?”

“What? I’m not gonna give you my car for that. Who knows, you might run away with it and never come back.”

Seriously this guy, sigh. “What do you want me to deliver?”

“Let’s see. Maybe my cell phone. Make sure you wear something cute. And be in newlywed bliss.”

“Newlywed bliss…”

“Don’t be late.”

He made me promise without any discussion. Nichkhun quickly washed the dishes and got ready to leave. Act like his wife in front of everyone… I’m getting nervous. But I have to be able to do this, or I won’t get a job. I better do my best.

 

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

“So… I go straight up this street…”

I looked at the map as I headed towards his building. Just as I was getting close to the building, I saw a man crouched next to his bicycle.

“Is something the matter, Sir?”

“The chain came loose on my bicycle.” The man was dressed in a very nice suit. He didn’t looked the type who would ride a bicycle.

“I haven’t been on one in a long time, and I had forgotten how much force you need. I pedaled with all my strength, and it fell off.”

“Would you like me to look at it?”

“Can you fix it?”

“I’m rather good at fixing bikes. I used to do it all the time back home.”

I crouched next to the bicycle and looked at the chain.

“Oh, it’s not completely off. I can fix it without removing the chainguard.”

“How can you tell?”

“If you hook it on here…” I put the chain on the gears and the pedal started working again. “Oh there we go.”

“Really? Oh, thank you so much! But I made your hands all dirty.”

The man looked at my hands that were black from the grease.

“Don’t worry, I can wash this off.”

“Oh, no. Let me do something about it.”

“It’s alright. It was nice meeting you!”

I bowed goodbye to the man and ran towards the building. Lunch is almost over, Nichkhun will go ballistic if I’m late.

 

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

“Hey, who’s that?”

“I don’t know. I sure know she doesn’t work here.”

“She doesn’t seem like an intern with that outfit she’s wearing.”

I’m gathering too much attention here. Is this what it feels like, when a lot of people look at you? I was overwhelmed by the attention but I walked through the building lobby. Then I spotted Nichkhun near the emergency exit.  Nichkhun was surrounded by a lot of female interns. They were all looking at him dreamily.

“What are you doing here Mr. Horvejkul? Come eat lunch with us!”

“Sorry, I’m waiting for someone.”

“Who are you waiting for?”

“It’s none of your business. You ladies better eat, or break time will end soon. You’re not being paid oogling over me.”

It’s just like what that co-CEO Mr. Park said. He really is popular.  He is good looking after all. He’s tall and handsome, and well dressed. If I had someone like that at work, I would have liked him, too.

“Oh…”

Nichkhun looked over in my direction. Our eyes met, and I grew lighthearted.

“Victoria!”

Nichkhun waved at me with a big smile. All of the interns turned to look at me.

“Who’s that?”

“Is that his sister?”

“Does he have a sister?”

Urgh, they’re looking at me, but I have to step it up here. I gave the biggest smile and walked towards Nichkhun.

“Khun, you left your cellphone at home.”

“Oh, I thought I left it at home. Thanks, Victoria.”

KISS.

Nichkhun kissed me on the cheek and I think I heard the interns screamed.

“What are you doing Mr. Horvejkul? Isn’t she your sister?”

“This isn’t my sister. This is my wife, Victoria.”

“Nice to meet all of you.” I lightly bowed them.

“Whaaat!?”

I smiled sweetly and kept my composure. I want to scream too! Because even if it’s acting he kissed me on the cheek.

“So it’s true that you’re a newlywed!?”

“How old are you, Ms. Victoria?”

“I’m…”

“Hey, it’s none of your business.”

I noticed one girl staring from outside the circle. She wasn’t chatting loudly like the other interns, but staring right at me. Is she glaring at me?

“Go back to your departments. All of you. You too, Krystal.”

“Yes, Mr. Horvejkul.” So Krystal is her name…

“Let’s go, Victoria. I’ll walk you out.”

The interns were still chatting really loud. Nichkhun had a confident smile on his face as he prompted me to walk with him.

“Hey.”

“What is it?”

Nichkhun whispered so only I could hear him.

“Let’s go look for Mr. Park. We have to show how much we love each other in front of him.”

Nichkhun wrapped his arms around me as we walk. I turned around and the girl named Krystal was still looking at us. She’s been staring at me. I wonder what she wants.

 

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

“Where is that man? Isn’t he in the VIP lounge? He usually walks around during lunch.”

We wandered around the outside park area of the compound. Then we spotted Mr. Park by the bicycle racks.

“Oh, there he is.”

“What should we do?” I asked Khun.

“Come here.”

Nichkhun grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the wall. He pushed my body against the wall and put his hands on the wall to pin me down.

“Hey!”

“Sshhh. Look up at my face.”

Leaning against the wall, I looked up to see Nichkhun’s face. I felt into his beautiful brown eyes. No wonder women gets excited around him. If he wasn’t so mean, it would be so much nicer…

“I said to look at my face, not admire it.”

“I’m not admiring…”

“Is Mr. Park looking this way?”

“I can’t see because your body is in the way.”

“Can you see him if I do this?”

Nichkhun put his hand on my cheek and tilted his head like he was about to kiss me. His face got close to mine and I instinctively looked down.

“You can’t see if you look down. Keep your head up.”

I glanced up at Nichkhun’s face. I could feel his breath as we stared at each other. His fingertips brushed against my ear and it tickled. Even though I was nervous, he was very calm.

“Is he still there?”

My heart was pounding, but I held my chest and looked for Mr. Park over Nichkhun’s shoulder. He had spotted us and was looking our way.

“He’s looking at us. He’s hiding behind the bicycle racks.”

“He finally saw us.”

“Oh! He’s coming this way!”

“Good.”

Nichkhun pushed his body up against mine. With his hand on my cheek, he pulled his face closer.

“C’mon… can we?”

“Huh?”

“Don’t make a stupid sound like that. I want him to hear this.”

“Oh, yeah.” I took it seriously for a second.

Just like we did in the bathroom last night, this was a trick for the co-CEO. But Nichkhun’s y look didn’t seem like an act.

“This is take two. Act it out.”

Nichkhun pulled his face closer to mine, begging for a kiss.

“Please Victoria.”

“But…”

“But what?”

“We can’t do this here.”

“It’s all right. No one’s watching. I can’t keep myself away from you, Victoria. I can’t restrain myself.”

Nichkhun dragged his fingers across the edge of my cheek and chin. His gentle touch sent shivers up and down my spine. This is beyond acting! His face is too close too…

“Those eyes… I’ll take that as a yes.”

“No we can’t.”

“C’mon, just a little. Now that I have you, I don’t want to let you go home.”

Nichkhun pulled back my hair behind my ears. He cupped my face in his hands and pulled his lips towards me.

“Victoria…”

“!!!”

Is he planning to kiss me for real!? I want to get out of here… but if I do Mr. Park will suspect we’re not married. I have to…

“Uh, ahem! Ahem!”

Nichkhun’s face stopped right in front of mine. He turned around and pretended to act surprised.

“Oh Mr. Park.”

“What are you two doing here?”

“I forgot my cellphone at home, so my wife delivered it to me.”

“I don’t mind if she delivers your things. But you can’t do things like that on public.”

“Oh, did you see us?”

“I understand you are newlyweds, but be mindful of your position as the President here.”

Mr. Park made a snide comment and left the bicycle rack area.

“I think he suspects us less now. What do you think, Pouty?”

“……”

“You look stunned.”

“Because you tried to kiss me.”

“I wasn’t gonna go through with it. I would have stopped, pretending I got a phone call.”

“Oh…”

“All right, I have to go. Thanks a lot!”

Nichkhun waved as he left. I was left alone by the bicycle racks. Oh, I feel exhausted. I did my job, though. I should go home. I wobbled towards the stairs down, but a girl stood before me with her arms crossed. Oh, she’s.. she was one of the interns. The girl looked me up and down.

“Hey, you. Are you really Nichkhun’s wife?”

“Huh?”

“You’re a terrible match. You’re not good enough for him. I’m Krystal, and I have a good eye for that kind of thing.”

Krystal was glaring at me like a sworn enemy. Even though I was intimidated by her stare, I was able to mutter some words out.

“Um, Krystal, you’re one of the interns right? Nichkhun talks about the interns…”

“I don’t believe it.”

“Huh?”

“I don’t believe you’re married!” she yelled before dashing away.

What does she mean? That she doesn’t believe we’re a couple?  Was she saying that on a whim or did she know something? I felt uneasy as I watched her walk off in the distance. 

 

 

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy the weekend everyone! :))) Thank you! ♥☺☺