Picnic!

Undisclosed Union

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

“Hey are you a peeping tom or did you come to seduce me?”

“…”

Do you know where the mole on his back is located? To the left of his spine, next to his shoulder blade.

Nichkhun was changing his clothes with his back turned towards me. And to the left of his spine, next to his shoulder blade was a mole. What that girl said was true… so did they really have a relationship? I stared at Nichkhun’s back intently, and Nichkhun rolled his eyes.

“How long are you gonna stare? You .”

“Huh?”

“You want me to take my pants off, too?”

“No, No thank you!... I’ll go get dinner ready.”

“Uh, Pouty.”

I ran out of the bedroom as Nichkhun called out. That was a surprise. I didn’t think he’d really have a mole. So that means they had a relationship, right?

I hope you understand my relationship with Nichkhun.

If they weren’t in a ual relationship, she wouldn’t know where his mole was located. But, why am I so flustered? Is it because Nichkhun dated that girl? Or is there something else bothering me?

 

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Next day. There’s no work for today. Nichkhun was awfully upbeat since this morning.

“I’m gonna eat a lot today!”

“You’re awfully energetic today, Nichkhun.”

“Of course. It’s game day!”

Today, the group’s baseball team, ‘Long Islands’, was playing against a team from a neighboring city. They hadn’t played a game in a long time, so Nichkhun was excited.

“Do you wanna come watch?”

“Can I?”

“Of course. You’re my wife.”

“…….”

“What’s wrong?”

 I became silent, and a puzzled Nichkhun peered into my eyes. I remembered the phone call from Krystal last night. I didn’t get to bring her up after that. I want to ask him, but I didn’t want to bring it up before a baseball game. I held my tongue and smiled at him.

“I’ll go if I can. What time does the game start?”

“At noon. You can stop by before going shopping.”

“Allright.”

“I’ll be waiting for you!”

Nichkhun smiled happily. When it came to baseball he was like a little kid. Nichkhun’s baseball game, I’m looking forward to it. I wonder if I should make a picnic and go? After I saw Nichkhun off, I decided to make a picnic basket for everyone.

 

◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘•

 

“The baseball field is that way…”

With a picnic basket in hand, I headed towards the baseball field where the game was held. On the way, I bumped into a man I met earlier before.

“Oh, hello.”

“Hello, Sir.”

This was the third time meeting him. I felt like he was someone familiar now. We chatted while we walked along the street.

“Are you going out today?”

“Yes. I’m going to see an amateur baseball game.”

“The weather is perfect for a baseball game. I’m envious.”

“Are you going to work today?”

“Unfortunately, yes. I have a lot of tasks I need to take care of.”

“I’m sorry for intruding, but what work do you do?”

“I work at a Tech Company.”

Just like Nichkhun.

"Oh, I see. There's a lot of big companies here in Seoul. I mean tall buildings as well."

"Yes there are quite many. Business is good, but it takes a lot of work to maintain it."

"Yes, I think I understand. There's lots of competitions out there. If you don't mind me asking Sir, where do you work?" 

“Oh, goodness I got to go. See you soon.”

The man bowed politely and turned the corner.

"...." 

He must have been a real busy businessman. I continued walking straight towards the baseball game.

◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘

 

I arrived at the Grand.  As I was speaking about taking my time to come here, the match had already started. Nichkhun was pitching. It's the first inning, Nichkhun’s team took the lead. Nichkhun stood on the pitching mound. Chansung gave a sign and Nichkhun nodded. He wound up and threw a roaring fastball.

BAM!

“Strike! You’re out!”

Wow. He got three strikes on the first batter! He’s tall… It’s like he’s a professional baseball player. I looked admiringly at Nichkhun in his baseball uniform. Standing on the mound, Nichkhun glanced to me.

“…”

Did he notice me? I waved at Nichkhun. He blushed a little and waved back. Tehee. He’s embarrassed, but he waved back at me. Feeling warm and fuzzy inside, I continued to watch Nichkhun pitch.

“Strike! You’re out! Change!”

Nichkhun struck out three batters in a row and they switched sides. I was sitting near the bench when Junho noticed me.

“Oh! It’s Victoria! Hey, Victoria!”

“Long time no see.” It was Wooyoung.

“You came to cheer us on? Thanks.” said JunK to me.

As for Nichkhun, he looked like he was trying not to look at me. But every once in a while, he glanced over. And soon as our eyes met, he’d look away. He’s like an embarrassed kid during parent conference day. How cute.

“C’mon, get ready to attack guys. Who’s first up to bat?” I heard Uncle Taec asked them.

“Hwang Chansung at your service!”

Chansung stepped up to the plate and the Long Islands’ offense began.

◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘••◘•

 

The game was now at the top of the ninth inning, two outs. The Long Islands were leading 1-0 and they would win with one more out.

“Strike!”

The batter swung and missed Nichkhun’s fastball.

“Strike! You’re out! Game! Long Islands win 1-0!”

Allright! They won! Nichkhun and his team won the game. I looked towards Nichkhun and he looks so happy, we have to celebrate with a picnic!

------

“I’m not sure if it came out okay, but please have some.”

I spread out the food in the picnic basket in front of everyone. They were more excited than I’d imagined.

“Wow. It’s a multi-layered lunch box!” said Chansung.

“It’s like New Year’s.” Wooyoung said.

“Didn’t it take a long time to make all of this?” Junho asked me.

“They’re all easy things. I didn’t spend a lot of time on it.”

“That response is so like a housewife. You’re really getting used to it, aren’t you?”  Uncle Taec suddenly said.

I looked towards Nichkhun who looked pleasantly surprised. He didn’t expect me to bring a picnic basket to the game.

“You brought fried burdock roots. I love them.” Nichkhun said smiling to me.

“Do you want me to serve you some?”

“Thanks. I want those broiled vegetables, too.”

“Victoria, can I have those fried eggs?” Chansung then said to me.

“Oh, I can get them for you. I’m closer to them.” It was JunK who said this.

“…..” Chansung looked a little annoyed.

“It’s like we’re on a field trip.” Uncle Taec looked at us nostalgicly.

I was feeling really happy too. I got to see Nichkhun’s great pitching and I’m happy everyone is enjoying my picnic lunch! I’m glad I came. I basked in my own happiness as I ate lunch with everyone.

-------

“Ah, that was good!”

“I’m full!”

“It was really delicious, Victoria.”

“I’m glad you all liked it.”

After lunch, we all lounged around drinking tea. The weather was great and everything was peaceful.

“Now that our stomachs are full, wanna play catch to work it off?”  Uncle Taec suggested.

“Khun, want to catch with me?” asked JunK.

"No. I'm fine."

“That’s unlike you. You’re always the first one to jump in.”

“I want to rest my shoulder.”

“Alright, join us if you change your mind.”

The other five headed towards the field. Nichkhun and I were the only ones left on the grass.

“…”

“…”

We watched everyone play catch together. Looking straight out to the field, Nichkhun quietly said something.

“Thanks for the picnic.”

“Hmm?”

“It tasted so good and everyone was happy.”

“I hope they liked it.”

“I’m sure they did. They’re not the types to fake praise.”

I was happy that Nichkhun was praising me. Perhaps Nichkhun got embarrassed and changed the subject.

“Man, I’m sleepy.”

“Huh?”

“Let me lie on your lap.”

“Wait…”

Nichkhun lay down and put his head on my lap. I didn’t think he would do this in front of everyone!

“Your body is so comfy, Pouty.”

“Is that an insult?”

“It’s like your whole body was made just for me.”

“Don’t be silly!”

“Heh.”

Still lying down on my lap, Nichkhun looked up at me.

“By the way, are you hiding something from me?”

“Huh?”

“You didn’t talk much last night during dinner. And you were acting strange this morning, too. Did something happen while I was out?”

“…”

I want to ask him about that girl… but I don’t want to bring it up when everyone is having fun. So I decided to stay quiet about it.

“There’s nothing wrong.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, really.”

“You better not be lying to me.”

Nichkhun looked sternly at me. I looked back down at him.

“If something happens, I’ll make sure I tell you.”

“You promise?”

“I promise.”

“Alright, I’ll trust you.”

With that, Nichkhun closed his eyes.  He noticed that I wasn’t my usual self. That’s kind of sweet. I looked down at Nichkhun who had his eyes closed, the sunlight was reflecting off his brown hair. His hair looks soft, I wonder if he’ll let me touch it? Without saying anything, I gently touched Nichkhun’s hair. He must have been dozing off, because he rolled over to his side.

“Mmmm…”

Taken aback, I pulled my hand away.

“Don’t stop.”

“What?”

“It feels good, so don’t stop.”

“…”

I ran my fingers through his soft hair. With his eyes closed, Nichkhun’s face looked peaceful.

“Hey! Nichkhun is sleeping on her lap!”

“!”

Everyone came back from playing catch but Nichkhun continued to rest his head on my lap.

“It’s not fair! I want to lie down on her lap, too!” Junho said like a kid.

“I’m next, Victoria.”

“What?” I asked Chansung weirdly.

“Shut up. I’m sleeping here. I’m not giving up my spot.”

Nichkhun refused to budge. Everyone got riled up.

“Hey! You’re going too far!” Chansung yelled.

“I’ve never seen Nichkhun act like this.” JunK said.

“He must really like Victoria.”

“That’s not it. Her lap feels good. Like a water bed. ”

“Are you saying I’m fat?”

“…”

“Nichkhun!!!”

“Shut up. Don’t yell above my head. I’m trying to enjoy the feeling of being wrapped in Injeolmi.”

“What kind of fantasy is that!?”

“You guys really do get along. Why don’t you get married for real?” Uncle Taec suddenly cut in.

“What?”

“Aren’t you starting to feel that way, Nichkhun?” Uncle Taec asked in a way that was hard to tell if he was joking or not. But…

“……zzzZz”

“He’s asleep.”

“What? I was asking an important question.”

“He could be faking it.” JunK said.

“…”

Nichkhun, which is it? I didn’t know if he was sleeping or only pretending. But my mind was filled with the thoughts of the warmth I felt on my body. 

 

 

 

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this is kinda lame chapter ! ~_~