I'm screwed!

Undisclosed Union

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

 

Isn’t he the man I met earlier?  He was the one at the supermarket and looking at wedding dresses through the store window. I didn’t know he was friends with Uncle either.

“So you two already met each other?” Uncle Taec started.

“I helped her pick-up things from the supermarket. She doesn’t even know what she’s buying.”

What is that smug face for? This guy is really annoying me. Okay, if this is the guy Uncle is introducing me to work for as my first job in the company, and this is an impromptu appointment, I didn’t want to be interviewed with someone so rude. I decided to tell Uncle how I felt.  (is this a job interview? Uncle gets things moving really quick!)

“Uncle I don’t think…” before I can finish…

“You don’t think what?”

“I don’t think we’d get along. I don’t think we’d work out.”

“What do you mean? Victoria, do you understand your position here?”

“What?”

“You’re looking for a job aren’t you?”

“Yeah.”

“Beggars can’t be choosers. You have to take every opportunity you get.”

“…”

Uncle’s right. Even if I don’t like him, he might end up as my boss.

I guess I need to apologize. I took a deep breath and apologized.

“I’m sorry if I offended you earlier.”  

“I think I said some offensive things too.” But his attitude wasn’t apologetic at all.

What’s your name? He then asked.

“Huh?”

“I didn’t get your name. What is it?”

I’m Victoria Song. I’m from Busan and…”

I’m Nichkhun Horvejkul. That’s it.”

This guy is really pushing me. Before I can give him my piece of mind, Junho spoke.

“So you were looking at wedding dresses?”

“Huh??” this Nichkhun guy reacted.

“Victoria said she saw you earlier.”

“Weren’t you looking at wedding dresses on my way here?” It’s my turn to ask.

“No...”

“But you were standing in front of a store window.”

“There was an unusual indoor plant…”

An indoor plant…? He looked like he’s avoiding something, like something he doesn’t want to talk about. Why do I care? Whatever.

“Ehemmm.”

Huh? Who is this guy? Oh yeah he arrived with Nichkhun. He looked so smart. Is he friends with Uncle Taec too?

“I’ve been standing here for quite a while now. I’m beginning to think I’ve become invisible.”

“He’s Kim Minjun or JunK as we like to call him.” Junho said to me.

 “Hi, My name is Kim Minjun.”

He’s wearing a nice suit and handed me his business card. The card had the name of a large law firm.

“You’re a lawyer, Mr. Kim?”

“There’s no need for formalities. You can call me by my first name.”

“Okay… Minjun.”

“That’s fine. It’s a pleasure meeting you.” Minjun bowed politely.

“Victoria, I understand you’re from Busan. Did you go to college there as well?” Minjun asked me.

“Yes. I’ve lived in Busan all my life.”

“What did you study in college?”

“Um…”

The job interview has already started? But I wonder if I can work at a law firm. I decided to tell him my worries in earnest.

“Um, May I ask you a question?”

“Certainly.”

“I’ve only taken a few introductory courses on law in college. Is that okay?”

“You don’t need to be familiar with the law. We’re looking for someone with a friendly smile.”

“Friendly smile?”

“I’m sure you will do just fine.”

A friendly smile is important? Is it a receptionist job? I’m confused right now.

“Hey, you’re already starting without me?” A man who was wearing a white t-shirt stepped forward.

“I’m Hwang Chansung. I work in the entertainment industry. Sorry but I’m out of all my cards today.”

“Entertainment industry!”

I got excited for no reason. He looks like it! He dresses well and is good looking. I didn’t know how much uncle could help me, but this is great! Chansung smiled and he looked at me.

“I’ve been looking for someone like you. There aren’t much unique girls in my industry. Everyone looks the same.”

“What would I be doing?”

“I just want your support.”

“Support?” Like a personal assistant?

“And you should be like a toy.”

“Huh?” Chansung whispered something that I could barely hear. I thought I heard “toy”…

“So far… I’ve introduced you to them.” Uncle stammered as he cut into our introductions.

“And the others...”

The door swung open and someone walked in briskly. Uncle glared at him sternly.

“You’re late, Wooyoung. I told you to be on time.”

“Sorry. Duty calls.”

“Your comic partner is right here.” Nichkhun pointed his head to Junho, who is smiling widely at me. Weird.

“Oh no, not that kind of ‘duty’.” He then winks.

 “You’re late. You should have called if you’re running late.” JunK said. Oh the lawyer voice.

“I’m sorry. Okay?”

“Allright. That’s enough. Come here, why don’t you sit with Victoria?”

“No, it’s okay. I got it.”

I don’t understand him at all.

“Well, that’s everyone.” Uncle said to me.

“Gather around guys.” All the men gathered around and started whispering.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

“So? What do you think?”

“She’s cute! I like her!” I think Junho was the one who said that.

“She looks like she would be attentive and trushworthy.” JunK commented.

“She may look trustworthy, but I bet she has a erted side too.” Wooyoung said and then glanced at me.

What is wrong with this guy?

“Don’t you think she seems stubborn? She might be a difficult one to work with.” This time Nichkhun said this while looking at me.

Oh my! This guy! I’m right here! I can hear all of them!

I locked eyes with uncle. He laughed lightheartedly to ease the tension.

“He he he.”

“It’s no laughing matter! What’s going on here? Who are these people?”

“I didn’t tell you? We’re all members of a local baseball team?” Taec said to me as he walks towards me closer.

“Baseball team?”

“Yeah and we’ve know each other since we were kids. We were all part of the same junior team.” Junho said winking.

“We work in different fields but, all of us still live in the same area.” Chansung said while he sits on the bar.

 “And we still play baseball from time to time too.” JunK explains to me.

And I’m the coach, I hold the group together. Can’t you tell?” Taec said smiling at me.

“Wait. I thought they were all your work acquaintances?"

“Huh? Why?” Taec asked me and seems to be confused.

“Because, isn’t this a job interview?”

“Nope. I didn’t say that, did I?”

“But…” I trailed.

I thought they were people uncle worked with. But why was he having me meet members of his team?

“I’ll find a job for you. But in return, I have a favor to ask you.” He then said.

“A favor?”

“These guys have a problem, needs help with. And the only one who can help, is you Victoria.”

 “All of them?” I asked uncle Taec.

“No. Just one.”

What? Who? I asked myself. I wanted to know what favor uncle needed me to do.

 “So what favor do you need me done?”

“I’ts ummm..”

The guys gave a worried look at uncle.

“I can’t tell you just yet.”

One person was rubbing his hands nervously, and another swallowed hard.

“It’s really tough matter and I can’t tell you until you accept the favor.”

“I can’t accept something I don’t know anything about!” I think I said that a bit loud.

“I understand that, but I need you to just accept it.”

“I can’t.”

“Really?”

“No way!”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stood face to face with uncle, neither of us saying a word.

Uncle finally spoke up.

“Victoria, I wouldn’t ask you to do anything weird alright? It’s a difficult task but I believe you can do it.”

“…”

And I’ve know this guy since we were kids. If they have a problem they have to deal with it. I want to help them. But I can’t do anything for him. We need your help Victoria.”

“My help?”

I looked at the 5 men. They were standing with hopeful looks in their eyes. When I couldn’t find a job, I felt like no one saw a need in me. But now everyone here needs me…

“If I accept, you’re going to help me get a job right?”

“Of course! I’d do anything to find a perfect job for you, Victoria!” Uncle said with hopeful eyes.

“If that’s the case then…”

“You’ll accept?”

“Yes. If it’s something I can help with.”

The 5 men cheered.

“Firstly,” he said then stood beside Nichkhun putting a hand on his shoulder.

“He’s rude and mean. You might not get along with him at first. But deep down he’s kind and warmhearted. He’ll make you quips, but he’ll take care of you. He will take care of you no matter what. Once he takes you under his wings, he will never betray you. That’s the man he is.”

“I didn’t like the first part you said.” Nichkhun said with hands over his chest.

Uncle didn’t have to tell me that. I already know he’s rude. But why is he telling me this? IS he the one I need to help? I cleared my mind and asked Uncle Taec.

“Wait, uncle Taec… is he the one I’m going to help?”

“Yes.” Everybody else nods.

OH.NO.

What did I get myself into!?

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

To clear the confusion some might have, :) I apologize teehee. Sorry about that, I forgot that some cultures doesn't share the same honorifics/the way people talk to each other. I didn't mean Taec really being an Uncle to Victoria, he's not an old man guys hehe. All of them are about the same age in the story.

Yeah, Taecyeon is such a grandpa, that's why I chose him to play the role. HAHA. 

Anyway. please ignore those kind of stuff HEHE ☻☻☻
 
READ AND COMMENT. Thank you!!!!!!!!!! ☻☻☻