Goodnight!

Undisclosed Union

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

 

DING DONG!

Who would visit late at this hour?”

It’s Mr. Park! A visitor late at night. On the intercom screen was the co-CEO of the company Nichkhun told me about.

“Good evening.”

“Good evening, Sir.”

I came to my senses and answered the intercom.

“This must be Mrs. Horvejkul. Is your husband home?”

“He’s taking a bath right now. If you have a message I can relay it to him.”

“Oh I don’t have a message.”

Mr. Park lifted something up to show the camera.

“I brought some Pyongan gwajul that we received. I thought I would share some with you.”

“Oh some sweets. I see.”

“Will you open the door?”

“…”

The shower was still running in the bathroom. Nichkhun wouldn’t be coming out for a while. I want to check with Nichkhun but a normal wife would let his colleague in the house, right? I thought for a moment and,

“Please come in.”

I pushed the door release button on the intercom. Mr. Park walked off-screen, Oh no, what if he starts asking questions? What will happen if he figures out we’re not married?

 

---

 

“Please come in.”

“Thank you.”

I took Mr. Park to the living room, he looked around the room using his eyes only.

“Let me prepare you some tea.”

“Oh, please you needn’t bother. This isn’t much, but my wife’s family sent us these. I hope you like them.”

“Thank you.”

I accepted the gwajul from Mr. Park, after an awkward moment he spoke.

“Hm, I don’t want to intrude, but are you a housewife?”

“Um, I guess so.”

“You guess so?”

“I am a housewife. Although I am looking for work.”

“A housewife, I see.”

Then Mr. Park looked on the floor.

“Do you use this as a housewife?”

“I’m sorry?”

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Mr. Park was looking at the Roomba.

“Not to say you shouldn’t use it. I just thought these were used by single people or dual-income families. Mainly used by people who don’t have time to do housework.”

“Really? A lot of my friends have these.”

“I’m quite sorry. It really wasn’t my place to say.”

Mr. Park looked around the room some more. What does he want to find? I’m getting uncomfortable…

“If you don’t mind, may I ask how old you are?”

“I’m 22, Sir.”

“Hmmm... You have a very mature taste.”

“What do you mean?”

“The room looked rather simple for a newlywed. I thought there would be more reds and pinks that young women like you would like.”

“We have similar tastes. We like monochrome, chic colors.”

“You’re wearing a rather feminine outfit today.”

“I’m sorry?”

“I don’t know women’s clothing that well, but your clothes seem colorful and lively.”

“…”

I was wearing a girly dress today. Everything I was saying was contradicting myself. Ack. The more I talk, the more I sound suspicious. Nichkhun, hurry up! I started sweating bullets. Just then the living room door opened.

“Whew, I feel much better. Pouty, you should go shower, too… Whoa! Mr. Park!”

Nichkhun came in with only a towel wrapped around his waist. I quickly stood up and grabbed Nichkhun’s hand.

“Khun come this way!”

“What?”

“Um, wait…”

Ignoring Mr. Park’s voice, I quickly took Nichkhun’s hand and rushed back to the bathroom.

 

SLAM.

“Hey, what’s going on?”

As soon as I shut the door, a topless Nichkhun approached me. My heart fluttered seeing his defined body that I wouldn’t have imagined. Nichkhun looks thinner when he wears clothes. He has a nice body. No, this isn’t the time to think about that! I scolded myself for being distracted by his body. Not realizing what I was thinking. Nichkhun got even closer.

“Why is that man here!?”

“Shh! You’re being too loud. He’ll hear you.”

“You’re right.” Nichkhun quickly toned downed his voice.

“He brought some Pyongan gwajul. I couldn’t ask him to leave.”

“Gwajul? What for?”

“He said his wife’s family sent it to them. I had no choice but to let him in.”

“His wife’s family isn’t from Pyongan.”

“What?”

“I remember he said Yeosu. I received a crab from him before.”

“Then why?”

“He used it as a prop to come here and sniff around.”

“Oh that’s why. He said the apartment didn’t look like it belongs to newlyweds.”

“He said that?”

“He thought the living room looked too simple. He thought there should be things that I would like in the room.”

“Hmmm…”

We looked at each other. Nichkhun thought for a moment.

“I don’t want to do this, but…”

Nichkhun cracked open the bathroom door, and started talking loudly towards the living room.

“What!? You’re not going to take a bath with me?”

“Huh?”

What is he saying all of a sudden!?

“I heated up the tub for you so you can go in right away!”

“Nichkhun!”

I whispered to Nichkhun so my voice wouldn’t be heard outside.

“If you talk so loud he can hear us!”

“I want him to hear us. I’m trying to make it uncomfortable for him to stay. Even if it’s the CEO, he wouldn’t stick around to get in the way of lovey-dovey newlyweds.”

I finally understood what Nichkhun was trying to do. He peeked out towards the living room and yelled out some more.

“C’mon, please! Let’s take a bath together!”

“…” Oh my god. Is this gonna work?

“C’mon say something.”  Nichkhun poked me. I decided I’d play along and raised my voice.

“I can’t we have a visitor right now!”

“Good, keep that up.” Nichkhun gave me a thumbs up.

“Then let’s take a bath when he leaves. I’ll wash your body, Victoria!”

“No! That’ll be too embarrassing!”

“There’s no need to be embarrassed. I see your body every day!”

“What?”

“Play along!” Nichkhun hissed at me.

“Sorry, but it’s too bright in here!” I raised my voice again.

“We left the lights on last night. You said it turns you on!”

“Who?”

“Stop getting embarrassed for real. It’s your turn.”

“Um…”

 I snapped out of my character, and I was too embarrassed to continue. We were both standing there shouting into the hallway. It was ridiculous. Just then, we heard a voice from the hallway.

“Ahh, excuse me, I-ah, I think I should be going now.”

“Oh, why are you in a hurry?!” I spoke.

“You idiot!” Nichkhun scowled quietly.

“I think I’ve overstayed my welcome. I will go home now.”

“Oh, then let me walk you out.”

“No it’s not necessary. Have a pleasant time.”

We heard Mr. Park’s footsteps go towards the door. The door slammed shut.

“Whew. He finally left. I wondered if he believed our story.” I said in relief.

“I don’t know. His last words sounded suspicious. If this keeps up, he’ll figure it out. We have to do something.”

“Yeah.”

As we stood there thinking, I noticed our situation. In the bathroom, Nichkhun was standing in front of me half-. With my realization, my cheeks grew flush.

“Why are you bright red all of a sudden?”

“How long are you going to stand there ? Put some clothes on!”

“Why do you care? We’re married, after all. You see me every day.”

“That’s only when we’re acting!”

“Don’t pout like that. It’s making you less attractive.”

“Hey!”

“Fine, I’ll go wear something. Oh yeah..”

Nichkhun opened a cabinet nearby. “Feel free to use any of these towels. Go take a bath. You’ve been travelling all day. You must be tired.”

“Thanks.”

“Allright. Call me if you need anything.”

With that, Nichkhun left the bathroom. Whew, I’m so tired. This isn’t the life of a newlywed. I slowly took my clothes off. I looked at myself in the mirror and remembered what we just did.  It was… kinda fun. Saying sweet things to each other. I agreed to pretend to be his wife, but I didn’t think something like that would happen. Yelling out silly things with a Nichkhun. Am I enjoying this? I didn’t think I’d feel this way. I was surprised at myself for this unexpected feeling. I took out my contacts and pulled my hair back. I stepped into the bathroom that was still steamy.

 

◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•◘•

 

“La, la, la.. ♫ Ah, this feels great!”

I stretched out my arms and legs in the tub as I hummed a tune. I thought about all the things that happened today. So many things happened today; I came to Seoul for the first time, and saw Uncle Taec whom I haven’t seen in 10 years. I met a lot of guys at uncle’s bar, and I became Nichkhun’s wife. I never imagined I would go to the home of someone I just met and take a bath. But surprisingly, I felt really relaxed. What a nice large bathing room, it’s too big for someone living alone.

“You’re not gonna take a bath with me?”

I remember what Nichkhun said earlier. This bathtub is big enough for both of us. Wait, what am I thinking? I got dizzy thinking about weird things. I stepped out of the bath tub to cool down when I saw a shadow through a glass door.

“Hey.”

I could see Nichkhun’s outline through the smoked glass which meant he could see my body too… “Ack!” I jumped back into the tub. Nichkhun’s shadow moved on the other side of the door.

“Why are you screaming like that? You can’t seduce me like that.”

“I’m not trying to seduce you!”

“And was that your bad singing? I heard it all the way in the living room. What were you singing? It was rather rhythmic.”

“It’s nothing. Forget it.”

“Hey, I want to know something.”

“What is it?”

“You’re not lying about your age, are you?”

“No. Why?”

“Nevermind.”

“…”

“Yeah, about our sleeping arrangements tonight. I only have one bed. So whoever gets to it first, sleeps on the bed.”

“What? No way!” I quickly go up from the tub.

“No, take your time. Wash every bit of your body. See yah.”

I heard Nichkhun’s footsteps walk away. I quickly go out from the tub. Whoever gets it first? There’s no way I can get there first! I’m going to wake him up and kick him out of bed!

 

 

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

“Hey, Nichkhun…”

“Zzzzzzzz…”

I left the bathroom and ran to the living room. Nichkhun was sleeping… not on the bed, but on the couch. He said first one gets the bed. But he gave me the bed. Nichkhun turned over the couch looking cramped. He was sleeping soundly like a child. He’s so cute when he’s sleeping and his face is so pretty. I stared at Nichkhun’s sleeping face for a while. I had an urge to do something. Since he calls me Pouty, I’ll do the same thing back to him. I squeezed Nichkhun’s cheek lightly, then he frowned in his sleep.

“Pouty…”

Oh, no. I thought I woke him up and took my hand off his cheek.

“Zzzzzzz…”

 I’m going to live with him starting today. I’m going to live as Nichkhun’s wife. I wonder if I can pull it off?  Could we hide his secret without them finding out? And would I really get a job? As I watched Nichkhun’s sleeping face, plenty of worries and a small bit of hope swirled around me. 

 

 

 

 

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys! OMO! I didn't expect you will all like the story, ~_~ but thank the heavens! Yes, I know everyone is waiting for lovey-dovey stuff, it's coming... haha, I know it's coming, but I don't know when hihiih!! but it will!! Thank you everyone!