Faraway

17 Dreams || Seventeen One Shot Collection

(A/N: Where are all the Jeon Wonwoo biased? cx)

It was midnight and you're alone at your own apartment.

Today is your boyfriend's birthday and he actually went to Japan to see some of his relatives. So you won't be able to help him celebrate his birthday on a proper time.

"Ah.. I still want to give him a present.." you mumbled as you roll around your bed.

Your boyfriend, WonWoo, told you that he will call you later. But until now, he never did.

You're rolling around your bed, holding your phone on your chest, waiting for his call. "When are you going to call, WonWoo-ah.." you sigh to yourself as you continue waiting.

Fifteen minutes later, you finally decided to give up.

You have almost spend the time waiting for his call for almost an hour.

"Yah! You're not going to call, right? Fine!" you finally blurted out. You place your phone beside the desk where the night lamp is and went back to your bed.

Just as you are about to drift into dreamland, your phone started ringing.

Without even thinking, you stood up quickly and ran there to get your phone like a mad woman. It was exactly one at midnight now and only he had call. You pick up the phone and answer it nervously.

"Yeboseyo?" you said nervously. "_____?" you heard a tired little WonWoo said.

You told yourself not to get mad at him since it's his birthday.

"Happy birthday, oppa.." you said softly. "Thank you, _____.." is what he replied.

You then felt a little heartbreak as he speak like that. Normally when you both had a conversation on the phone, you both would just talk about the both of your days and just laugh about random stuff. But today you feel like it was different. He replied shortly which makes you feel nervous for the nerve for you to speak.

You clear your throat. "WonWoo, is everything okay?" you asked.

For some reason, he didn't reply which makes you kind of worried.

"WonWoo? Hello? Is every-" you began but he cut you off.

"Nothing is okay. It's not like my parents are here in Japan. It's just my cousin and all. You know that my parents are in Korea, right?" he finally answered. "O-Oh.. You want to celebrate with your parents.. I s-see," you said softly.

You felt like he don't show you any love and affection anymore. Then he started saying something again.

"And nothing is okay without you, _____.. I really want to spend the day with you today. But i'm really sorry I can't. My crazy relatives just bought my ticket without asking me. And just saying all this makes me depressed! I want to sing the birthday song with you. I want to blow off the candle with you. I want to eat the cake with you. I want to open the present with you. I want to.. kiss you after.. all the memories we made today. But I guess I can't.. I'm sorry _____.." he said with a little hurt in his tone.

You smiled knowing that he actually cared for you.

You breathe in heavily and started saying something back.

"Actually, I really wanted to do that on your birthday too. But I guess.. I can't. And don't say sorry, it's not your fault for doing this. Oh, and, I promise that we will celebrate your birthday when you come back! I will buy you things an-" you stopped.

"Um.. _____?" he asked. "Oh! I should keep that as a surprise," you giggled. "Oh, okay then," he chuckled at the other line.

You then look at the time and yawn.

"_____, sleepy?" he chuckled. "Um.. no.. I mean.. maybe?" you mumbled sleepily. "Get to sleep, I will call you tomorrow. Well, i'll be waiting for your surprise!" he said. "Okay then, good night oppa.. I love you," you smiled. "Good night, I love you too," he chuckled and blow you a kiss through the phone.

The line then went off and you smiled.

"I guess i'll plan the surprise tomorrow.. Got to sleep now," you mumbled and place the phone back to the small desk.

You then drag yourself to your bed and then started to sleep.

That's when the best dream happened for you, just because of WonWoo's sweet little conversation with you on the phone.

At Japan, WonWoo look out of his window to the stars. "I love you, _____.." he smiled.