What Is Love

17 Dreams || Seventeen One Shot Collection

(A/N: Author-nim comebackkk!~ \o/ *shot* Okay, my last update was like one month plus ago. Sorry lovelies~ >n< So today is Jihoon's birthday, also my fic comeback. -u- Orz, happy birthday Lee Jihoon! We love you, shy little awkward bunny~ <3)

It was midnight, and you're not asleep.

You were sitting infront of your laptop with some pieces of paper shattered around it and a pen on your hand.

Crushing another piece of paper, you then threw it to the floor.

You're actually writing a script for a play at school. But after spending for almost two days, you still didn't have that perfect script your teacher wanted which was making you really depressed.

As the time got nearer, your eye bags grew wider and darker.

You needed sleep, but you can't.

"Caffeine.. I need some caffeine.." you mumbled and stood up. Dragging yourself over to the kitchen, you then started boiling some water. While waiting, you sat on the counter and swung your legs.

Your phone then started to ring later. Your eyes grew wide when you look at the time.

It was one in the morning and someone was calling you.

Before answering the call, you looked at the caller's ID. It was actually your friend who was becoming an idol, Jihoon. "Why hasn't he slept..?" you then thought and picked up the phone.

"Yeboseyo?" you said, through your sleepy voice. "_____, you haven't sleep?" he then asked in a surprised tone. "No.. I can't sleep if I don't finish that script.." you sighed. "Can I come over? I can't sleep. Please?" he asked through the phone. "But.. it's really late. Are you sure? It's dangerous.." you said in a worried tone. "I'm a guy! I'll be fine!" he chuckled.

It took a little time for you to answer.

But in the end, you finally approved. "I'll be there in a minute," Jihoon said happily.

The call then ended, which was also the time that the water was just finished boiling.

You walked over to the boiled water and pour out some into a cup, with coffee powder in it. You then mixed it and walk back to the coffee table, where your laptop was placed.

Drinking some, you then put the cup beside the laptop and picked up your pen. Thinking what to write next while shaking it, the bell then rang. You then dragged yourself to the door to reveal a fine, energetic Jihoon.

"_____! Let me help you with the scripts!" he beamed. "You wanted to help? Why don't you say earlier.." you laughed weakly. "Y-You don't look fine.." he then frowned slightly. "Aniyo.. I'm fine," you then stepped aside, gesturing him to come in.

An hour later, you had fallen asleep with your chin rested on your arm against the coffee table.

At that time, Jihoon had already finished writing the script.

"Yay! _____, i'm done!" he beamed. Instead of your voice, he heard a soft snore from you. He then looked at you and bit his lower lips. "You're that tired, _____.." he sighed and pat your head lightly as you're asleep.

Jihoon then frowned for awhile.

"Do you know that I love you..? But I don't think you know.. You're so focused on work all day, writing those scripts for the teachers.. And you always said that you're fine, which you're not. You were so hardworking.. So hardworking that you didn't even experience love.." he sighed looked at you, "if only you weren't focusing too much on these, I would have told you that I love you.. And show the meaning of love.." he continued.

Without him knowing, you're actually awake.

"Jihoon.. What is love..?" you asked, still on the same position.

The male then jumped slightly. "Y-You heard me?" he widened his eyes. You then lift your head up and nodded with a smile. "You're actually right.. I worked so hard that I don't even know what love is.." you then rest your head on his shoulder.

Jihoon then looked at you and blinked a few times.

"Is there anyway.. to change this?" you asked and closed your eyes with a soft sigh.

Jihoon then brighten up, "ofcourse there is. Just call me whenever you need help. I'll be there for you."

You then smiled and nodded.

"So.. would you be my girlfriend?" he asked nervously.

You then blushed. The butterflies in your stomach began flying around, with sparks behind them. "Is this.. the feeling of love..?" you then thought in your mind.

"_____?" Jihoon called out. "G-Girlfriend..?" you looked down. "Yeah.. If not, it's okay.. I just wanted to help you experience what love is," he bit his lower lips again.

You then began smiling.

"I would love to be your girlfriend. Not only because I want to experience what love is.. I want to learn to love too.. I've already fell for you, but I just don't know how to love.." you said softly.

Without any warning, he then pressed his lips against your's and pulled away.

"Thank you, _____.. For allowing me to love you.." he smiled his soft, soothing smile. You then blushed lightly and nodded, "and thank you.. for telling me what is love.."