Chapter 5

Mnet Scandal. #Our version, our love~

“You still remember my name right, nuna?” that’s the first question from Maru after you both take a place beside a very beautiful garden. You look at him with smile while nodding.

“You’re Maru. The one and only maknae. Right?”

He smiles widely. “Actually, hyung told me about you last night.”

“And what is that?” you want him to continue.

“About your conversation last night. Because I’m beside him that time. He told me that you’re a bit insecure about this relationship. May I know why, nuna? If you don’t mind.”

“I bet he told you that I’m different from the other girls, right?” He just nods. “That’s why, Maru~ahh. I don’t really know how to treat him like a girlfriend should be and I don’t want him to get hurt. I’ve never been in love before and those cheesy things are so not me. I like him, to tell you the truth but I don’t know how to show it.”

“You know what, nuna. Hyung really, really like you. He regrets it a lot when he ends up your phone call last night. But he said, you need to learn to lean on him also. You need to learn that you can be love and be in love.” You look at him; don’t really know what to say.

“May I ask you a question about him?” He nods. “What’s his ideal type?” He looks dumbfounded.

“Hyung like a girl who is naturally pretty without make – up. A girl who look pretty even though she’s wearing jeans and sneakers. Nuna, his ideal type is a girl like you.”

“But not a boyish girl likes me, right? He just loves my style, right?”

“Aigoo, nuna. No, no, and no! He loves you, not because of your style or what so ever. He just loves you as you.” You stare at him, trying to search for honesty in his words.

“So, Maru~ahh. What should I do now? I think he’s mad at me.” you pout your mouth while looking at him.

“He’s not mad, he just become sulky because you don’t want to let him lead you in this relationship.” You just nod. ‘Now I know why he’s so moody this morning.’ “Okay, since we have finished our talk. Let’s go in before he really kills me.” Maru said before holds your hand and lead you into the building again.

 

You quickly search for his present once you’re inside the room. But, there’s no him. There are only the rest of the boys who are practicing their choreography. Maru quickly join the boys leaving you alone. You take a place on a couch while looking at the boys. ‘Where’s him?’ Your mind is everywhere.

“Bahhh!” You jumped a bit when a voice suddenly screams beside you. It’s him. Your boyfriend. You give him a pinch, as a gift for his ‘funny joke’ just now. He pouts before take a place beside you. “It’s hurt. I can’t dance anymore.” He makes a pouty face. You’re almost laughing when you look at his face.

“What to do? C- Clown needs a new leader.” You stick out your tongue while looking at him. He pinches your nose out of blue.

“What did Maru told you? Why it taking you so long?”

“It’s secret. I won’t tell you anything. I just love talking to him that I forgot to check my watch. Sorry, oppa.” You give him a sly smile. He looks at you with an unbelievable face.

“Call me that, again.” He demands.

“What? Oppa?” He nods. “Rome Oppa, Rome Oppa, Rome Oppa.” He smiles widely before holding your hand. He looks into your eyes with his handsome smile. “I’m sorry about last night. I promise, I won’t do that again. Thanks for wanting me, oppa.” He ruffles your hair. “It’s no use for me to actually touch up my hair if you keeps ruffle it, oppa.” He just laughs and flicks your forehead.

“Pabo, do lean on me after this. I don’t care how different are you, I still want you as my girl, got it?” you just nod and make a salute. He laughs.

“Hyung, we’ll go first for lunch. See you later. Bye, nuna.” T.K said before leaving the room with the rest. You wave at them with smile. You’re comfortable with them because they treat you well. But, you still amazed about Maru. He’s so matured. Infact more matured compared to you. Without notice, you giggles a bit make Rome turn his gaze on you. You just shook your head when he’s asking you why. He stands up quickly and walks to the CD player. You just follow his steps with your eyes.

“What are you doing, oppa?” you asked when he looks like he’s searching for something. He hold up his right hand asking for you to wait a little bit more. Suddenly, you hear a very sweet melody comes out from the player. You really know this song. It’s Let Me Hold You by Bow Wow ft. Omarion. Rome takes place at the center of the room.

“This is for you. I just want you to know that the lyrics mean a lot to me. It’s all what I want to say. Hope you’ll like it, Jin~ahh.” Then he starts to dance smoothly and handsomely. You just enjoyed the show. Seriously, you feel so special right now. This is the first time a guy dedicated a dance with a so romantic song for you. You gasp when he walks towards you and holds out his hand. You shook your head at first but he quickly grabs your hand and pulls you towards him.

You don’t know what to do but Rome quickly led you to the center of the room again. You just followed his steps.  “I don’t know how to dance.” You mouthed when you met eyes with him. He nods and places your hands behind  his neck. Then when the ‘let me hold you’ part come, he made a little popping before hugging you tightly. You’re in daze. This is the first time and you actually like it.

“Down like a real friends supposed to I’m trying to show you the life of somebody like you should be living. Ouhh Baby Baby. You could never go wrong if you let me hold you” he whispers to your right ear makes you giggle a bit. He turns you around and back hugging you now. You place your head on his shoulder.

“Know what, with you there are so many ‘first time’ for me.” you confessed while he swaying you left to right, right to left. He nods in respond. “I’ll let you hold me, oppa.” He laughs a bit when you respond to his whisper just now. You close your eyes, enjoying the precious moment. ‘Maybe, you can be someone else when you’re with the one you love. Maybe, there’s someone who can change your life. Maybe, you don’t need to be afraid to show your weak side when you’re with the one you love.’

“Jin~ahh, tomorrow is my birthday. Do you know it?” you open your eyes and try to search for his face while he still back hugging you. “Ayee, you don’t know right?” he teased when he look at your ‘mong’ face. Being honest, you just nod. “It’s okay. But, can you do me a favour?”

“What is it? Let me know first, I’ll think about it before I say yes.”

“Can you wear a dress tomorrow?” you swallow your saliva with bunny eyes. The song is over if you want to say that you can’t hear him actually. ‘Is he being serious?’

“Why? You don’t like my style, is it?”

He shook his head before turn you to face him. He smiles while looking at your frowning face. “How many times should I say I like you? It just a wish, I think. For my birthday, can you?” he makes a bunny eyes. You breathe in.

“Let me think first?” he nods. “If I can’t fulfil your wish, will you drink poison like Romeo did?” Rome laughs because of your unexpected question. You just play it cool.

“No, pabo. You read fairy tales too much, dear.”

That’s how your second date ends. He can’t send you home since he has other schedules so you called Hyo to pick you up. You ask Hyo to send you to Cho Hee’s house and you guys spend the night there. They keep asking about your dates, Rome and so on. You end up sleeping at 5.00 a.m.