Dinner Date?

The Light's Shadow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a couple of weeks since Sungmin had spent the night at Yesung's house and they've gotten noticeable closer. Kyuhyun was suspicious of them but Donghae managed to throw him off track by saying Yesung wasn't into men, with that the high schooler didn't worry as much. Ryeowook had been busy helping his mother and hadn't been around as much. Eunhyuk and Donghae finally were introduced and instantly became more than friends. Sungmin was jealous they were a couple before he and Yesung were.

It was a late morning when Sungmin's phone suddenly rang. It was Saturday and his day off, so he decided to sleep in for once.

"Hello?"he asked sleepily.

"Min, it's Yesung"the voice answered brightly and Sungmin sat up quickly"are you busy tonight?”

“no I’m not”Sungmin said silently hoping he didn’t answer too fast.

“Great! There’s a party I was invited to and I need someone to go with. Everyone has their own plans already, so I was hoping you'd go with me?”Yesung asked"it's not something too out there, but it's a formal party"

Sungmin didn't know how he should react, he simply agreed and when the call ended he immediately called Donghae to tell him the good news. Eunhyuk was off at a performance gig he booked last week so Donghae was home alone, but he was also occupied. He was expecting Kyuhyun for a study session but not until 4pm.

“did he say what kind of party it was? It might not be what we’re thinking Min”Donghae murmured"I'm pretty sure he likes you but not that way"

“He said it was a formal party and he needed a date...he didn’t say date exactly but I can tell that’s what he was referring to”Sungmin said ignoring the last comment.

“sounds like a date to me”Donghae laughed”so do you have a suit to wear?”

“no...just one from ceremonies during high school but that can't actually fit me now...I think I gained weight…”Sungmin pouted as he looked down at his stomach.

“you’re imagining things...Min you’re worrying about this all wrong, you sound like a teenage girl who just got asked out on her first date”Donghae laughed.

Silence…

“it's kind of like what’s going on except the fact that I’m a grown man”Sungmin said and groaned”he’s coming at 7 and I don’t know where I can find a suit this soon”

“maybe Ryeowook has some ideas...oh wait! You can ask Kyu! He always wears suits when he goes to parties like that”Donghae exclaimed”I’ll call him right now and get back to you”

“Better than nothing”Sungmin nodded”I’ll talk to you soon then...bye Hae”

He hung up and sighed….formal event…formal event...formal....event...for...mal....event...

Sungmin suddenly realized he’d never asked Yesung where, or why they were going to a formal party. All he knew is that it was a big deal to Yesung by the way he said he needed someone to go with. He could've gone by himself if it were a regular party...

Sungmin's phone suddenly rang and he jumped"hello?"

"Kyuhyun said he can help you find a suit"Donghae's voice answered immediately"you'll have to meet up with him. He can help you pick out a suit"

"Did he really say that?"Sungmin asked hopefully.

"He did...er I gave him your number so you should watch out for his text. He said he was going to send you the address"

"Awesome! Thanks Hae"Sungmin smiled and hung up"there's still time"

He looked at the time, it was still morning but he decided not to waste any more time and hurried to get out of bed. He changed his clothes quickly, a text came when he was brushing his teeth.

Unknown number:
This is Kyuhyun, there's a good tailor I know. I'll introduce you

Sungmin grinned, he was saved! He and Kyuhyun hadn't talked much lately but Sungmin considered him a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter