Opportunity?

The Light's Shadow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“I wonder if Teuk and Kangin really aren’t coming…”Hyuk said to himself and Yesung shrugged”They’ll have to meet Sungmin and Donghae another time”

“Don’t forget Ryeowook”Yesung murmured and Hyuk nodded.

“We’re late”Yesung said as they came to a stop sign. There was a long line of cars moving by and Hyuk facepalmed himself.

“Is this a coincidence or what?”he asked as they cars drove by, Jongjin just sat quietly waiting for the light to turn green.

“Go!”

Yesung jumped at Eunhyuk’s loud voice and glared at Eunhyuk through the rear view mirror as he drove on. The light had gone green and the rush of cars were gone, only a few more blocks and they'd be there. Jongjin was humming to himself as he blocked the sun out of his eyes, Yesung was singing to himself and Eunhyuk was bobbing his head as if he was listening to music with a catchy tempo.

"we're here"Yesung announced as he parked the car.

"It's finally six"Eunhyuk smiled"well...time for the movie"

Jongjin laughed and they got out of the car, walking around the parking to the front entrance. There wasn't many people so it was easy to spot Sungmin waiting at the counter where snacks and drinks were brought.

"Hey guys"he smiled.

"Did you come by yourself?"Eunhyuk asked looking around in hope to see Donghae...

"No, Hae is a bit late but he'll be here"Sungmin shrugged"Wookie is saving our seats, because apparently there's a lot of people wanting to see the movie we wanted"

"It just came out, who wouldn't be here"Eunhyuk said and patted Yesung's shoulder"you and Jay can buy the snacks, I'll help Ryeowook save the seats"

Jongjin turned to counter looking at the menu"hyung how come we don't come often?"

"Because we're all busy"Yesung murmured looking at the menu also, Sungmin joined them since he had to buy snacks for Ryeowook beside himself. Jongjin chose a medium soda, large popcorn to share with his brother and Skittles.

"I'll have a large soda, and two chocolate bars"Yesung said, he paid for Jongjin's order with his and made his brother smile.
"Yo Sungmin!"a voice called and all three people turned around. Donghae was walking toward them with a grin, then the awkward shadow behind him followed quietly.

"Oh you came?"Sungmin asked and Hae nodded"hi Kyu"

Kyuhyun only nodded once"hi"

"We're just buying snacks, Wookie and Eunhyuk are inside saving our seats"Min murmured, he ordered quickly and waited in the sidelines with Yesung and Jongjin. Kyuhyun and Donghae ordered the same thing not wanting to make everyone wait anymore. Together, they all walked to the movie showing. Jongjin followed close behind his older brother holding the end of his jacket.

"Hey guys, over here"

Yesung squinted, his eyes slowly adjusting to the dark room. He barely made out Eunhyuk waving at them near the end of the middle seats. Wookie was sitting at the far right and Hyuk at the left, the group who'd just arrived would have to fill up that gap. Yesung made his way over followed by the four others.

"Oh you came?"Hyuk asked spotting Donghae at the end of the line.

"Uh yeah..."Hae said awkwardly, but a shy smile threatened to show.

"I'll go first then"Yesung said when no one made a move to sit down and walked down the aisle. He sat next to Ryeowook.

"Wait for me hyung"Jongjin whispered, he couldn't see very well in the dark room, he cautiously walked forward making sure he wouldn't trip and was relieved when Yesung grabbed his arm sitting him down beside him.

"Me next!"Eunhyuk said happily"come on Hae"

He pulled Donghae by the wrist and they sat down beside the others, Sungmin pouted momentarily since he was at the end of the row.

"You first"Kyuhyun said, Sungmin nodded and sat down followed by the maknae.

Min glanced over at Yesung and saw he was chatting happily to Ryeowook and his brother, Ryeowook murmured something and they burst into laughter. A few people turned around and shushed them, Yesung apologized and chuckled behind his hand once more. Eunhyuk was showing Donghae a video on his phone and Kyuhyun was staring blankly at the screen.

"Did Hae force you to come?"Min asked Kyu, he might as well make the best of his seat.

"Sort of, my mom also kicked me out of the house"Kyuhyun shrugged.

"Kicked you out?"Sungmin asked.

Kyuhyun smiled at Sungmin's frown"She said making friends here is better than online friends"

"Ah, I thought I'd get closer to them too"Sungmin said and pointed to Eunhyuk and Yesung who

weren't sitting close to him. The sound of the movie beginning sounded loudly through the hidden speakers, causing a slight vibration. The beginning credits began showing and Sungmin stopped talking.

Forty minutes later, Eunhyuk and Donghae left for more candy taking offers for refills from the group. The Kim brothers wanted more popcorn and Kyuhyun wanted licorice.

"We'll be right back"Hyuk whispered and they disappeared. Sungmin was feeling a little drowsy, the movie was action based but sitting with a statue and two hooligans teasing each other wasn't very interesting.

"Kyuhyun are you bored?"Min attempted as he slouched in his seat.

"Yes"

"I don't even know what's going on"Min murmured looking at the screen. He looked over on his right and saw Jongjin nodding as Yesung said something. Ryeowook was leaning against Yesung and Sungmin sat up. What was this?

Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin then at the others down the row"what's wrong?"

Sungmin looked at him, then slouched again but with a pout"nothing..."

"we're back"Donghae whispered and Kyuhyun shifted in his seat so his knees weren't in the way, Sungmin did the same and accidentally kneed Kyuhyun in the backside causing the younger to jump.

"Sorry"Min sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter