Sweet Encounter

The Light's Shadow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yeah, I haven’t gotten the chance to meet new people like he did” Henry shrugged but his joyful appearance never faded for a second ”I am still trying to adjust to my new house and part-time job”

Yesung nodded"hm...maybe you can hang out with me and my friends later. I'm sure Hangeng will tell you the same thing"

"Really, is that okay with you?"Henry asked with a grin, he unconsciously grabbed the older's arm in excitement.

"Sure, I'll give them a call and we can all meet for dinner"Yesung nodded with a gentle smile.

---


“I’m back”Yesung said and Hangeng smiled from the counter when he saw Henry. They seemed to be especially happy as they made eye contact.

“Henry!”Hangeng smiled brightly.

“Hannie!”Henry grinned throwing his arms as if preparing for a hug.

"He wanted to come visit so I brought him along"Yesung murmured and saw Onew"thanks for keeping my things safe Onew"

"Of course hyung, by the way. Someone named Kangin stopped by earlier and asked if you came here. I told him that you came for coffee then left"Onew nodded and Yesung froze first then sighed in relief as the younger finished his sentence.

"Thank goodness. Thanks for covering for me too"Yesung smiled"things would've been awkward if they found me"

"Sure thing, by the way. Who's the kiddo talking with our newbie?"Onew asked. He sat down at the table Yesung was sitting at before he left, with the older sitting down across him.

"A friend of Hangeng's I think. They seem pretty close since they borrow credit cards from each other"Yesung shrugged as he sipped on his coffee.

"really?"Onew asked with wide eyes"daebak, not even my mom or dad trust me that much. They must be like brothers"

Yesung laughed"don't you have work to do?"

"Oh yeah! Talk to you later hyung"Onew smiled and left the table to take orders and clean empty tables. Hangeng was working again on making coffee, where did Henry go? He seems to have disappeared somewh-

“Hey Coffee hyung!”Henry greeted. Yesung jumped when the bright-spirited boy shouted cheerfully taking Onew’s seat in front of him.

“Hey…”Yesung smiled awkwardly as he sat up straight in his chair.

“How do you know Hangeng? He told me your name was...uh Jongwoon right?”Henry asked and sipped on a lemonade he apparently bought.

“I prefer Yesung instead of Jongwoon but that's my name”Yesung murmured”I met Hangeng a few days ago during the interviews, we were both accepted for the job"

“Are you a waiter too?”the younger man asked.

“I’m a part-time cashier and working toward being a barista”Yesung shrugged”When there isn’t enough waiters I’ll work as a waiter, and if they are low on barista then I’ll work there. I guess I'll be a cashier for awhile though”

“Cool...wait you have different jobs?”Henry grinned”how do you manage that, isn't it hard?"

"sort of but I’ve been doing multiple jobs for awhile. I don’t find it hard to do three jobs in the same week anymore”Yesung shrugged.

"Wow...you're awesome"Henry grinned.

----

"Isn't that Yesung hyung?"

"I think it is..."

"It's a good Kangin hyung left...he'd be mad we finally found him an hour after he gave up"Ryewook murmured"should we go see go see him?"

"I don't know, he kinda didn't tell us for a reason?"

"Yeah. Want to go get ice cream?"

"Okay"Sungmin smiled and they continued walking past the small cafe where Yesung was sitting with four others. They walked until they came to a small parlor, not many people inside. The two young men walked inside, smiling timidly at the other customers before looking at the menu.

"I'll have one chocolate cone and..."Ryeowook murmured as they arrived in front of the counter and looked at Sungmin"what do you want?"

"I'll have a Strawberry sundae"Sungmin smiled.

The cashier nodded"that will be...₩5,200"

Ryeowook nodded and paid for the ice cream"let's eat it here, we have nothing to do all day anyway"

Sungmin chuckled and followed Ryeowook to a table near the windows at the back of the place. They sat down and sighed.

"Yesung hyung seems happy at his new workplace, I think it's okay to tell Kangin but keep it a secret from Eunhyuk"Ryeowook said as he ate some of his ice cream.

"Why can't Eunhyuk know?"Sungmin asked.

"He's a free loader and a cheapskate"Ryeowook laughed"Yes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter