Chapter 12

Finally, A Happy Ever After

I slumped on my chair at my work desk; feeling mentally tired with all the planning for the company’s party for a cause entitled ‘Rave on Till Dawn’. The party would partake in a bar and personally, I don’t really know how all of this works even though I am a part of the people who will be arranging the said event. Not being one’s forte of a party makes one have a horrible feeling to it and a desperate attempt to be able to contribute something as a member. Currently, the planning of this party seems to be in a good condition, except for the fact that there everyone would have a set of tickets to sell and if all of it is not sold, the seller would be the one to pay for it. Honestly, I shook my head at the absurdity of this fact. Even though I do not support this, I didn’t object. The thing is, I am not really a person to speak my thoughts that easily. I tend to just comply with what is settled. But this, I am at the utmost disadvantage... I don’t really know anyone here in Seoul and I doubt that I can just sell them at the sides of the street. That would be awkward.

“Did you hear? There was this one girl who ate dinner with EXO yesterday?” Mei Xin heard someone whisper at a distance. Her attention immediately turned to the gossip because EXO is involved.

“Yeah... I heard that the girl scowled at poor Jongin for calling her ‘noona’.” Another voice whispered back.

Mei XIn silently moved her chair closer at the back of her wall wooden wall to hear better since the voices seem to be coming from there.

“She is so mean.” Stressed the other. “I mean Jongin was just being polite. If she is a noona, then she should be called one.”

“You know... I heard that she blackmailed EXO so that she can spend time with them.”

“What? How did she do that?”

“No one knows! I mean... it's still a rumor but there is a possibility too that she might be a relative of one the guys...”

“That meanie? I don’t think so... no... that's impossible... EXO are all so good natured and if one of them is related to that girl, I don’t know what to think.”

“Speaking of being related... I saw this random post earlier that an employee of our company is actually the little sister of EXO’s Luhan.”

“WHAT? Really? Why haven’t I seen that?”

“I just saw it on tumblr... but it seems a few days old news for it already... and shush your mouth. Do you want to get caught for gossiping?”

“What are you guys doing there?” A new voice popped in as I imagine her walking her way to the gossip girls.

I giggled mentally when I heard them squeak a little but sighed in relief when they saw that it wasn’t one of the superiors.

“Shhh...” Signalled by one of them. “We’re talking about EXO.”

“Hm?” said the newcomer. “What about them?”

“Did you know that there is a rumor about Luhan’s little sister is actually working here?”

“I didn’t even know he had one... I thought he was an only child or something because he rarely talks about his family you know...” one stressed before the newcomer could speak.

“Yeah... it's actually true.” She answered.

There was a small silence at first and they said, “What?” almost in unison.

“Yeah... because, I saw this post on tumblr a few days ago... there were pictures containing Luhan and the girl on his arms. The girl seemed to be unconscious though...and there is also this fan account wherein a fan actually asked Luhan who the girl is, if he knows her or just helping her out because she fainted. And Luhan said to the girl that she is his little sister.”

“But how could that be? Luhan is pure Chinese!”

“Did you forget...?” the newcomer asked and it's weird but I felt that she was referring to me, as if she is pointing at my cubicle even though I couldn’t see it.

“You mean HER??”

“She is the only pure Chinese I know... and my sister stressed that the girl has that ‘ai’ bracelet on her right wrist. Isn’t that familiar to you?”

I heard a couple of gasps and I feel the hairs on my skin stand up a little at the tension I am feeling. I looked at my left wrist, staring at the bracelet that they are currently talking about. This can't be...

“So it's true...” the other murmured. “I got to go see Mei Xin. Where is she?”

“I don’t know... maybe she’s still in that party meeting?”

“Let’s go and see?”

“Sure~ how about you? Are you coming?”

“Whatever. I don’t care... I just know all of this because my sister rants all these information on me.”

And then I heard footsteps as it slowly faded indicating that they had gone. I sighed as I straightened my sitting posture. This is going to be trouble. And that idiot Luhan should’ve left me on the street if this would be the result of him saving me.

I tried my best to avoid the girls that talked about me earlier. I made my ears extra sharp so that when I keep hearing sentences like, “Where is Mei Xin?” “Have you seen Mei Xin anywhere? She is not in her cubicle.” I immediately hid to the places where I am sure that no one would go to—the janitor’s closet.

I sighed as I stared at the contents of the said room. I will be doing this for a long time. I told myself, knowing that they are pretty much the core fans of EXO.

I leaned my ear to the door to hear if there are people passing, when I was sure that there was no one, I discreetly opened the door, slowly making my way out of the janitor’s door.

“Mei Xin!”

I jumped a little in my place because of shock. I turned to see my caller and I saw a woman so beautiful that I feel intimidated by her. She seems familiar to me, but since I am new here, I am hopeless if I had to remember everyone’s names. So, I usually act that I know them but just don’t call them.

“Yes?” I shot a friendly smile.

“There have been a lot of people looking for you.”

“Oh yeah?” I innocently asked as if I hadn’t known that. “Why?”

“Because you are Luhan’s sister.” She said bluntly.

I cringe at her words. “Oh...” I faked a laugh. “The truth is out, huh?”

“Yeah.” She nodded, pokerfaced. “But listen... don’t mistake me like the others... but I just have to ask this question for my sister... can you please answer it?”

This is what I am afraid of...what kind of questions will she ask? “uh...I’ll try?”

The beautiful girl doesn’t seem to be contented with my answer but began the question anyway but as she did so, she fished out her phone and showed me a picture. “Do you know this girl?”

I was half surprised that she suddenly showed me the picture but I stared at it anyway, studying the picture. There is Kris on the far left of the picture, then Chen and Kai... beside Kris was a girl very familiar to me. She has long hair, wears thick glasses... it's Chun Hua.

My mind reeled at what I should do in this situation.

“You know her...” The girl stated, staring at me, I guess she had been studying my reaction.

“Uh. Yeah. She is my cousin, Chun Hua.” I answered.

“Oh, okay then. Thank you.” She bowed her head in thanks and soon walked away.

I sighed in relief. Thank God that was her question. What if others had caught me and asked what is Luhan’s shampoo or something.

I looked at my watch and found out that it will take time until I get to go home. But I am so tired already. I contemplated if I should bear with this situation a little longer for today or just get a time out and go home early. Ah, time out... sounds so good right now. But I can't, my shoulders slumped at my decision. Or else I would have a bad record.

I willed myself to go back to my cubicle and get back to work; thankfully, no one seems to be minding me anymore. They are too busy with their own stuff to do. Soon, it is time to leave. “About time~” I groaned and pushed myself up from my seat as I gathered my things and hurried out of the building.

As expected, Luhan is there only a bit different. He wears normal clothes now. And people are staring at him, some even stop to take pictures. When he saw me, he lazily walked to my direction as I on the other hand, thought of running away from him but I didn’t since I told myself that Luhan told everyone that I am his little sister.

“Hi, sis.” He greeted, with a slight mock.

I cringe at the awkward situation right now but I decided to play along his games. “Hi, o-oppa.” I stuttered the word, slightly finding it a bit weird to call Luhan that.

“How was your work?” he asked, his hand reached my back and felt him push me a little indicating me to start walking.

“I'm fine, just a little tired.” I answered him. “Because you know... you blurted out that I am your little sister...”

The side of his mouth quirked up which made me feel a bit irritated. I itch to talk to him about this and I just can't wait until we get to a more private area. And so, I moved closer to him enough for me to whisper. “And why, may I ask, did you do that?” I felt my voice tense as I said it.

I felt his hand land on my shoulder as he pulled me into a side hug. I felt myself tense the way my voice just did earlier. At the side of my eye, I can see his lips moving toward my ear. “I had no choice, they already saw me.”

“That doesn’t mean that you would declare that I am your little sister. You could have been saving just a lucky girl, you know.”

“Ah...consider yourself lucky then.”

I frowned. “That's not the point...”

“Look, just forget it, okay? What's done is done. And look on the bright side. You are considered a part of my family as my dad would’ve wanted it.” I then felt dismissed as he released me from the hug.

With this, I got even more frustrated and so, I turned to whisper to him. “Oh by the way, since you are so smart with this whole idea, a co-worker of mine showed me a picture of Chun Hua and asked me who she is, and I said that she is a cousin. Just to let you know in case you decide to tell another lie...” I decided to cut it off because I saw people looking at us, as they whispered at each other. I turned my head to look at our surroundings but was stopped when Luhan’s hand landed on the top of my head, gliding down to the back of my neck, holding me still as if to say not to be so obvious. I blushed, embarrassed at his silent way of scolding me but it's not like I can do something about it, and so I just continued walking with him at my side as we walked our way to my home.



I feel that I am just talking to myself. So, traumatized as I am, I'll not put any A/N if its not necessary