Chapter 14

Finally, A Happy Ever After

akemi143: Hello dear readers~! I'm back from my long break! Sorry about that. Life is hectic. >< Anyway~! Chapter 14 is up and please forgive the typos and the grammars for now. I will reread and edit them in time as well as the previous and next chapters. Even though I had already edited the first few chapters for mistakes, I still reread them again because I might still find some errors and that maybe I can add more details. kekeke. Because I am a growing writer and yeah... it's just I want myself to improve from time to time. 

Hope you will appreciate this chapter... :3


I woke up with heavy swollen eyes from last night. I blinked a couple of times trying to get rid of the feeling as I rubbed them softly with my hands as the rest of my body stretched to relieve some tension.

“Good morning.”

I immediately stopped what I was doing and stared, surprised to see Luhan facing me with a small smile on his face, one of his hands supported his head to stay up as he lay on one side.

“Morning.” I murmured back, my heart racing a bit from the fact that we are together on one bed once again.

“It’s good morning.”

“What?” I asked, confused. “I already greeted you...”

“Not without any good...” He pointed out. “Today is a new day.” His free hand reached to put aside some strands of my hair from my face. “Let’s be optimistic and make it a good morning.”

I am not optimistic. I never was. I can be hyper-happy but with my mood swings, I can never be optimistic. “Okay...” I agreed nonetheless. “Good morning.” I tried to give a smile but only did successfully with a small one. “What time is it?” I asked randomly to distract myself from him. I turned my head to look at the bedside table and saw the clock saying that it's 5:30 in the morning. “Too early...” I murmured.

“It's just right.” Luhan said that made him catch my attention. “I need to go to the dorm.”

I nodded my head. It saddens me to have him leave... but what else is new? I have been like this ever since I got to know him. “Okay.” I said.

“I’ll be back in a bit.” His eyes bore mine as he held it, he asked. “You're going to be okay?”

“Yeah...” I nodded. “Of course.”

“Okay.” He got out of bed and looked at me again. I stayed still were I was as he stared for a second and nodded and made his way out of the room—out of the pad.

I sighed heavily, rolling to the side of the bed where Luhan laid, my face on the pillow were his head rested. His scent still lingers from it—the whole half of the bed smells of him. It relaxes me. As I moved to breathe air, my mind worked its way reminiscing what had happened yesterday. My dad scolding me, Chun Hua mad at me, Luhan and his pad, his room. I shouldn’t be here. It is all too much. I shouldn’t rely always with him and his family. I have to stand up for my own. I should get out of here.

I got out from the bed and my mind raced to plan on moving out. It is going to be hard finding a place but it's going to be worth it.

“I should tell Chun Hua.” I gasped, remembering her. I made my way out of the room to her room and hesitated in front of her door. She would still be asleep; she is still mad at me and the way I acted yesterday.

I took a deep breath and slowly opened the door as I cautiously walked in. She is still asleep as I figured, her body covered with blankets except that of her head.

“Chun Hua?” I tried calling meekly but she didn’t answer.

I walked closer to her and sat on the floor with me facing her. “Chun Hua...?” I tried once more.

“Hm?” Came out her groan response moving her head a little as it pressed to her pillow even more.

“Chun Hua, I'm really sorry for what I did yesterday...”

“It's fine, it's fine.” She responded again in the same tone with still closed eyes.

“Chun Hua... we have to get a new place to stay... we can't stay here... I can't stay here...”

“Mmm... okay...” she agreed more easily than I planned. “Later.” She dismissed.

“We’ll talk about this later?”

She didn’t answer anymore. She had gone back to sleep. I stood up and walked my way out of her room the same way I got in.

When I reached the living room proper, a thought came to mind that I shouldn’t have done what I just did. A half asleep Chun Hua is good as talking to her sleeping form. I should have waited. I scolded myself, slamming a hand on my forehead.

“I'm so stupid...” I sighed, the adrenaline rush totally gone; I walked to my room as I got ready for work.


I tapped my foot anxiously as I waited for Luhan to arrive soon.

He’s going to come any minute now...the door is going to open any second now... I convinced myself as I glanced at my watch indicating that I would be late if I wouldn’t get out of here any minute.

I waited and waited but after 5 minutes, I just couldn’t wait for him anymore... I have no choice but to go alone.

I walked my way out from the door with my things in hand. As I went down to the ground floor, I can't stop thinking of Luhan as to why he never showed up. He said that he would be back... but he never did.

The elevator door opened and I stepped out of it, my mind still wondering about Luhan.

“It’s her!!!” I heard a shout the moment I stepped out of the building. “It's really her! Luhan’s sister!!!”

My eyes widened at the people gathered all around me. It all went so fast that I didn’t know that I was squashed with all the people surrounding me. I was alarmed and a bit claustrophobic. I could smell all their scents and it doesn’t feel good to smell them all at the same time. I feel like I would barf from what is happening at the moment. But I couldn’t... I shouldn’t. I tilted my head up all the way and breathed the fresh air from above—the only space wherein there is no one crowding over me. I could hear their shouts, their screams, their questions as I got pushed in between the crowd. It hurts... but I couldn’t do anything about it. They are fans... they are EXO’s fans.

“Hello~!” I greeted them as loudly as I could muster, a smile plastered on my face. I don’t usually smile or greet random people I don’t know but since they are fans of EXO, and that they think I'm really a relative of Luhan... they are their precious fans. “Good morning~ I am Mei Xin.” I introduced myself.

There were so many people saying things at the same time that I couldn’t understand one. I could only stare at them as I tried to hear what each one is saying but I really couldn’t. They spoke too fast.

“Quiet!” I heard someone say. “Calm down everyone.”

A guy squeezed his way inside the crowd and when he did successfully, he smiled at me. “Hi.”

My mouth opened a little in shock. He reminds me of 2pm’s Taecyeon built-wise. He broke his gaze away from me as he tried his best to push one side of the crowd; when he did so, successfully; he turned to face me again, still frozen in place.

“You should walk... if you want to...”

“Uh...” I murmured, “Right.” I took a step and another but stopped and turned back to the guy. “Thank you.” I said, bowing to him and gave him a small smile before I continued to walk away.

Some of the fans were still tagging along but I don’t mind. They were taking pictures and calling out my name and some even shouted some compliments. I in return smiled at them and bowed. I was known for my short temper when it comes to my family. But here, I couldn’t get annoyed with anyone. I can't get annoyed with strangers.

My mood lifted up even more when I saw the familiar building to my workplace. I did it! I exclaimed happily inside my head.  I didn’t get lost!

“Mei Xin! Is that the one where you work?” one fan asked.

I turned my head to her direction as I followed her finger where she pointed a building. I shook my head at her to answer her question.

“Then is it that?” she continued, trying once again.

I did the same thing I did but this time, I nodded when I saw that she was pointing at the right building. I’m nearing it now; I jogged my way to the building and waved a quick goodbye at them as I entered.


“Xin!”

I stopped packing my things and turned to where the voice came from. It’s Hyemin from the accounting department.

“Yes, unnie?” I asked.

“Where are you going?”

“Home...” I answered sadly.

“What?!” She exclaimed. “But didn’t you just arrive?”

“Yeah... well... It's complicated...”

“Why? Did they fire you?”

I shrugged and shook my head. “No... But they gave me a 2 week leave.”

“Did they tell you why?”

“Apparently...” I stopped and chose my words carefully before it would turn out that I'm mocking them. “They didn’t want to get involved with the news that is currently attached to me... they said that they will wait until it will cool down... and they estimated 2 weeks.”

“It's not your fault...” She said in comfort as she rubbed her hand on my back gently.

“Yeah... well... now I can't have any leave to take for a year.”

“Well...” Hyemin thought for a while. “At least you can do what you want starting today~”

“With all the people tagging with me?”

“Be optimistic here.”

I giggled. “Yeah yeah... I got to go.” I went back to packing my things inside my bag and flung it on my shoulder when I was done.

“Okay.” She nodded. “Take care.”

“I will...” I smiled at her reassuringly. “See you in 2 weeks.”


My eyes widened as I opened the door and I saw Chun Hua sitting on a chair with a glass of water in hand. “Oh... you're awake?”

She looked up and our eyes met. “Yeah... I got kind of thirsty.” She tilted her glass a little. “Did you forget something?”

“Uh... no...?” I walked inside and closed the door. “I'm on leave...”

“What? Why did you go on leave?”

“It's not me who wanted it... they kinda forced me to it.” I answered awkwardly.

She looked at me suspiciously. “Are you in trouble?”

“What?” I chuckled. “No...” I answered her. “At least I don’t think so...” I murmured.

“What did they say...?”

“They don’t want to be included in the ruckus that I am and would be creating.” I shrugged. “What can I do? I can't make EXO’s fans disappear.”

Chun Hua’s mouth hung open. “They were following you?”

“Yeah...” I sighed and slumped down on a seat. “They are everywhere. This is no joke. They’re even outside of this building.”

Her eyes widened. “Were there Kai fans?”

Confused, I shrugged my answer. “I don’t know...”

She closed her eyes tightly.

“Why? What’s wrong?”

Chun Hua’s eyes opened once again and she hurriedly fiddled with her phone and soon, showed me something. “I think I’m in trouble with them... they think that I am mistreating him or something.”

“Oh... that is bad... but you can't hide forever.” I told her. “You’ve got school.”

“I know~!” She whined. “What do I do..?  It’s not like I would wear something like “I love Kai” shirt or something...”

I stared at her and her eyes widened at what she just said. “Wear something...” she murmured.

“But you don’t love Kai.” I reasoned out.

“I know!” she whined once again. “And you’re not helping.”

I forced myself not to laugh.

“I don’t love him but I have to prove to the fans that I like him.”

“So...” I murmured. “You're going to buy a shirt that says “I love Kai”?”

She gave me a glare. “Noo... but I can act like I wouldn’t bite him whenever he calls me ‘noona’.”

I nodded. “True... the only reason that you're in this situation is because of the ‘noona’ thing... that's why you should let that go already.”

Chun Hua pouted. “But it sounds sooo old.” She reasoned. “I am not old... and I certainly don’t look like one... right?”

“ahh...” I looked up in thought. “I don’t know.” I answered, playing with her.

Chun Hua glared once again. “You're not my daughter anymore.”

I gawked at her statement. “Mommy~!!!” I whined playfully knowing that she doesn’t really mean it.

She looked away from me in a snobbish manner. I grinned in response and stood up as I walked to her and hugged her.

“Of course, you don’t look old mom~” I cooed. “You even look younger than your age~!”

She then looked at me and I gave her a wide smile. “Yeah well...” she murmured, moving on. “Can you help me by reminding me not to bite him whenever he calls me that?”

I laughed. “Yeah... of course.” I nodded at her for further emphasis.

“Okay~” She then relaxed. “Oh... forgot to tell you but... we don’t have any more food...”

“Yeah... I'm not surprised.” I told her. “I actually knew that we were running out... but with everything that just happened, I completely forgot until now...” I explained. “Let’s go to the grocery?”

“When?”

“Now...”

“What? No way!” She protested. “Those fans of Kai are still out there somewhere...”

I frowned at her. “Yeah~ whatever you say~” I dismissed and made my way to my room to get my trusty laptop.


I shook my head, not believing what I had been missing for the past few days of not being in the internet world. EXO will be having a comeback with wolf and they already released a teaser. Not only that, some fans posted some rumours that there are kissing scenes for Kai and Luhan with the same girl. My heart is pounding like crazy, wanting to see it myself. But it's frustrating not being able to confirm it. There are no evidences that the kissing scene is real. I closed my laptop knowing that I wouldn’t be able to do anything with it now that I am purely disturbed because of the rumour.

“Hey mom.” I called out for Chun Hua who seemed busy typing something. Is she writing her story?

“Hmm...?” She looked up after a while.

“Did you know that Luhan would have kissing scenes with a girl for their MV?”

“Oh really?” She asked blandly.

“Yeah...” I murmured. “But there are no pictures or anything... just fans saying that it only took him one take.”

“Ah... he must be a good kisser then.”

I closed my eyes tightly, blushing from the thought. “You're not helping~” I whined.

I heard her giggle. “Oh... aren’t I?” she continued typing and I sighed, trying to get over the imagination of Luhan kissing some girl because as much as I hate it to remember, I haven’t had my first kiss yet. And again, the thought led me to the past wherein he asked for it but I was too shy to give in.

“Hey mom... can you text Chanyeol if it's really true?” I asked after a while, not being able to let the topic go.

She stopped typing and looked at me this time. “You know I would never do that... I don’t even have the courage to text him first.”

“Even if I say please?”

“No.” She flatly answered in which I pouted sadly. “Ask him yourself, you have their numbers.”

My pout was still in place. I shook my head stubbornly at her and she just gave me a shrug and went back to work. However, not a minute less, I found myself grabbing for my phone and scanning my contacts of the guys wondering who would be the easiest to talk to. Luhan is out of the question. I don’t even have his number—never asked for it and he never gave it. I'm not sure if I want his number. A few years ago, we texted each other and there were times when he was being weird by calling me and scolding me about something I didn’t know. I think I blamed his hormones for that. But even though it was the case, I wouldn’t want to experience that again... I would never want to pick a fight with him.

I dragged the list up and stopped at Suho... hmm... Suho-oppa seems to be a nice guy. I hummed. I am not sure if he really is, although all the things that I had been seeing in the internet about EXO had been good and that they are so nice, I could never know since I haven’t really gotten to know them more than the greetings that we had been exchanging for the past few days.

“Hmm... what do you think mom?” I glanced up at Chun Hua. “Suho-oppa?”

“Hmm? Uh... yeah... sure.” She answered a bit distracted, continuing typing. When it comes to her and her writing, nothing stops her especially when she’s on a roll. And so, as much as her answer is a bit invalid due to her mind being preoccupied, I decided to go for Suho.

I clicked his name and typed him a message of greeting for the first time.

Good morning Suho-oppa~!

I was nervous with texting him or the other members, they might think that I would be going out of my league if I would ask something about their upcoming comeback. I drummed my fingers on the table, waiting for a reply in which I don’t expect anytime soon because it is late in the morning and maybe they had work or they were busy practicing or... I received a reply.

Good morning Mei Xin-ah. How are you and Chun Hua? Did you see the news yesterday?

We’re good~ and yes, we all saw it. It's a bit embarrassing... >< how about you?

Keke. There is nothing to be embarrassed about. I'm going out with Baekhyun for grocery.

Grocery??? I want to come~! I whined. We need to buy some stuff too. Before I can give a reply, a received another message from him.

Baekhyun asks if you guys want to come.

I squealed at the phone. “Mom~!!! This is our chance! Suho and Baekhyun are going out for grocery~!!! And they asked us if we want to tag along!!!”

“Huhhh??? I don’t want to~!” She scrunched her nose. “I'm in the middle of writing my Karma.”

“But we have to buy food~!” I reasoned out. “You don’t want to go earlier because you're scared of Kai’s fans... now you don’t have any reason to~!”

“Just let me finish this first~” she finalized. “I'm nearing the end of this chapter.”

“Okay~” I agreed, feeling happy and texted back at Suho. Sounds good. We need to do some grocery shopping ourselves. Thanks oppa~

”Do wrap ourselves up the same with what Luhan did when we first came here?” Chun Hua asked absently.

I smirked. “I wouldn’t want to do that. Even though it's cold today. I'm not that crazy to cover myself that much. People would think I’m insane.”

“Luhan did it though.”

“Well, I guess he pulled it off. But that doesn’t mean that I should follow suit.”

“Okay then.” She nodded absently. “Okay... I'm done~!” She announced happily after a few seconds. “Let’s go get dressed.”

“Okay~” I chimed and the both of us made our way to our rooms.

My phone rang and noticed a message from Suho.

Great~! Keke. We’ll be there in 10.

“Suho-oppa said that they will pick us up in 10~!” I announced to Chun Hua loud enough for her to hear me as the both of us already on our doors.

“Sounds good~!” She shouted back and I heard her door open and close; and that's the time when I went inside my room as well to change.


This is the first time that I went out with guys in such a public place like the grocery. I think I have dressed a little too much than normal. I was too excited that I wore all the things that I liked. I put on a white long-sleeved turtleneck top that feels so comfortable and not too stuffy when worn; I wore simple skinny jeans and matched them with black leather boots – knee length. I even had the time to wear small heart-shaped earrings when I don’t usually have the patience to glamour up. There is only 1 accessory that I wear every day and I don’t take it off from my neck—and that is the EXO necklace. It is hidden because of my top and no one in EXO had ever seen it. If the time comes for them to see it, I'm afraid that I would be so shy that they would know that I adore them so much. I absently smiled at myself when we walked past a tinted glass car window.

When I got out from my room earlier, my mommy Chun Hua smirked at me saying. “Well... someone is all covered up still.”

I looked down at myself then, blushing—just noticed that I did cover myself up even though I wouldn’t earlier. “W-well... can't help it. I felt like dressing up a little.” I stammered.

“It's fine. You look good.” She complimented and that's when I looked up to meet her eyes and saw what she was wearing as well.

She wore simple fitted top with jumper shorts, under it was tights to cover some skin and black doll flats. In one hand, she was carrying her phone and the other with a handbag that I'm guessing contains all the girly necessities. My mom is kind of a girl scout as she brings everything that I can think of.

When the guys arrived, we soon took off for the nearest grocery store. And as I expected, people easily noticed Suho and Baekhyun.

“How do you get used to this kind of attention...” I whispered to Baekhyun who was walking beside me.

“I don’t...” he whispered back. “I still keep reminding myself and just try to live normally.”

“Mei Xin~!” a random person called out to me in which I turned my head instinctively at whoever called me.

“How old are you?”

“Is Baekhyun-oppa your type?”

“Is he closest to you?”

“Does Luhan know about this?”

“Don't answer them. Let Luhan-hyung do all the talking.” Baekhyun whispered—his hand landed on my upper back, guiding me to move on as we followed Suho and Chun Hua’s footsteps. “Unless, you want to answer the second question...?” he whispered after a while. I can feel his lips turn into a smile even though I didn’t see him. What was the second question? I wondered inside my thoughts and it came to me. I blushed a little at his joke and nudged him a little with my elbow. With that, he laughed louder this time.

 “Ah... finally.” Suho grinned, turning back to face me. “Let’s go shopping~!” he exclaimed happily.

I clapped my hands, matching his grin. I jogged a little to catch up with Chun Hua and linked my arms with her. “Where shall we start?”

“Food~!” she replied with much excitement.

“Same here!” Suho seconded.

The four of us went to the food section with two big carts. Chun Hua was the one in charge picking all the canned or packed goods that we would eat while I go to the frozen ones. After that, we headed for the fridge and got a lot of yogurts and milk drinks for the both of us; not to mention junk foods, sodas and rice.

We met with Suho and Baekhyun when we were done. They had a couple of goods as well but there were plenty of fruits stacked in the cart.

“What's with all the fruits?” Chun Hua asked curiously.

Suho looked at the cart he was pushing and answered. “Oh this is for Luhan-hyung. We’re going to feed all of this to him later.”

I tilted my head. “Why?”

“Because he caught a cold.” Baekhyun snickered, grabbing some lemons and placed them on the cart as well.

“Oh...” was all I could say. I couldn’t help but keep quiet after that—my thoughts running wild thinking of Luhan being sick. Is it because of me? Is it the reason why he never showed up earlier when he told me he would? Is he alright?

“Is he alright?” Chun Hua asked, voicing out one of my concerns.

“Yeah...” Baekhyun nodded seriously and a smirk played on his lips. “He’s just filling his room with tissue papers.”

Chun Hua scrunched her nose in disgust. “Well then...” she muttered, dismissing the gross topic.

“You guys want to visit him?” Suho asked.

My heart jumped in excitement. “No...No thanks.” I answered rather instinctively.

Suho shrugged. “Okay.”

We strolled some more as we browsed the displays absently, wondering if we can find something new. I just pushed the cart as I followed them, being at the back feels good especially when you want to be alone for a bit.

“They’re still watching us.” Chun Hua murmured slowing her pace to match mine.

I looked around to see what she meant at the same time pretending to look around for something interesting. When I saw the people and their cameras, I dropped my head to look at the cart I'm pushing instead. “Yeah... I guess there is no end for this...?”

“Guess not... I think our moves would be evaluated as well...” she observed with a hint of worry in her voice.

Her words sparked familiarity for me. I remembered watching a show of Girl’s Generation’s Yuri and Sooyoung going to school. They couldn’t even buy street foods, not being able to buy as easily as well because they have to keep in mind of the mass of people surrounding them, minding all the things that they want to buy because they are being watched.

I told Chun Hua exactly that and set into a line. “What have we gotten ourselves into...”