Chapter 13

Finally, A Happy Ever After

Facebook

EXO Official Fanpage: Luhan said that the girl in his arms is his little sister! And little sister confirmed that the mysterious girl who dined with EXO’s Lay, Chen, Kris, Sehun, Kai and Suho is actually her and Luhan’s cousin!

Twitter

EXO OFFICIAL:  Confirmed! Luhan’s little sister is in Korea! Since when? No one knows... And little sister confirmed the mysterious girl to be her cousin! {Image below}

Tumblr

exo-official: [image above] Snapshot taken by a passing fan! Who is the girl in Luhan-oppa’s arms, you ask? It’s his little sister!

Weibo

EXO-official-fan: Luhan 그는 여동생이 보여!!!

Allkpop

[BREAKING NEWS] Luhan carrying an unconscious girl in his arms—HIS LITTLE SISTER!

@SMENT

“Luhan!”

Luhan turned his head at the call of his manager-hyung.

“What is the meaning of this?” The manager showed Luhan a piece of paper containing all of the posts that are all over the top 5 sites.

The other members, who are inside the room as well, went over to him to look at the paper curiously to see why their manager was so outraged.

“Oh, wow.” Chen’s eyes went huge. “Look, they even printed it with a picture of us and Chun Hua.”

“Yah! This is not the time.” Suho scolded.

“What is it? What is it?” Chanyeol jumped his way from the far back to be able to see the paper Luhan’s now holding.

“Shut up everyone.” The manager scolded. “Wait... Chen! You know this girl?”

“Well... yeah!” Chen shrugged. “I ate dinner with her.”

The manager rolled his eyes and decided to concentrate on Luhan as the rest of the guys decided to give them a bit of privacy and got back to what they were doing.

“Are the rumors true? Are they really your relatives? Why weren’t they in the record? As far as I know... you are the youngest of the 5 children of your family.”

Luhan wasn’t able to speak for a while, since his brain worked its way contemplating if he should stick with the rumors or tell the company the truth.

Finally, he spoke. “No, they are not my relatives. The girl I carried in my arms...” Luhan paused as if to find his words. “She is a family friend. She is very close to my dad and treats her as his daughter... so it's close to her being my little sister.”

The manager didn’t say anything but digested Luhan’s words, accepting them because he trusts Luhan wouldn’t lie to him. “Okay...” He nodded when Luhan didn’t speak again. “What about the one that ate dinner with the others?”

“She is a close friend of Mei Xin, my little sister.”

The manager seemed to have calmed down now as he once again took in what Luhan had said. “Okay...” He sighed. “I’ll inform this to the higher ups.”

Luhan nodded. “Okay...”

The manager frowned. “Seriously Luhan... you got me into a little trouble there.” He rubbed Luhan’s head.

Luhan squinted as he apologized. “Sorry, hyung. I didn’t know that it would turn out like this...”

“You're in EXO. You guys are getting popular. You should know that every move you make, they will take it in.”

Luhan nodded once more. “Sorry again, hyung.” He bowed his head.

“It's fine. Not much of a trouble caused.”

“...” Luhan straightened up. “But hyung, what will the company do with this...?”

“I don’t know... but just hope for the best.” He tapped Luhan’s shoulder as he walked out of the room, leaving Luhan stare at his departing figure.

“Hey~” Sehun wrapped his arms around Luhan’s neck. “It’s going to be fine.”

Luhan turned a little to see Sehun and patted him at his side awkwardly because of his position, he couldn’t move much. “Yeah... I hope so.”

The both of them stayed that way for a while until Luhan blurted out.”I'm going to go there, to check on them.” He started to move away from Sehun as he turned to face the maknae.

Sehun nodded, understanding Luhan.

“Tell manager hyung and the others where I went, okay?” he pinched the other’s nose as the offended nose got away from Luhan’s grasp after a few seconds.

“Yeah, hyung.” Sehun answered, covering his hurt nose.

“Okay. See you later.”

I stared at Chun Hua as she stared back at me. The both of us sat on the chairs on opposite sides near the dining table, not having anything better to do. When I arrived last night from work, I found Chun Hua chilling by the sofa, watching Tv. Turns out that she got it bad as well in her school. She told me that they were crowding around her, asking questions and telling absurd stories that they got from the internet.

“What are we gonna do~?” Chun Hua asked playfully, showing her cute side.

My lips perked into a smile. “I seriously don’t know~” I stated, slouching as I somewhat melted on my chair.

The doorbell rang on our doorstep and I half dragged myself to get to it to see who it is. One of my eyes closed in on the peep hole and saw Luhan standing on the other side of the door.

I opened the door with a raised eyebrow. “What are you doing here?”

“Almost the same reason as to why you're not ready for work.” He answered, walking his way in comfortably.

“Hi, Luhan-oppa.” Chun Hua waved smiling at him brightly.

I closed the door and walked my way to sit on the sofa to get comfortable because I have a weird feeling that Luhan was here for a long discussion.

Luhan smiled a little. “Are you okay?” He asked Chun Hua.

“I'm fine. I'm fine.” Chun Hua flapped her hands dismissively.

Luhan sighed. “Why were you even there eating with them in such a public place?” he muttered. “Didn't you see that they were a lot of fans already?”

“I did.” Chun pouted, “But that was before I knew that it was them. I was at the very back of the crowd, trying to see what was going on and Chanyeol just popped his head out from the crowd and I'm immediately lost.”

“What? How could you be lost?” Luhan frowned, confused.

Chun Hua giggled. “Not the literal lost, oppa. It's you know... It is Chanyeol, we are talking about.” She put both of her hands on her cheeks, hiding her little blush that's creeping out a bit when she talks or thinks about Chanyeol.

Luhan rolled his eyes as I covered my mouth to hide my laugh as I listened to their conversation.

“I know we are talking about Chanyeol. That is why you should’ve been careful of the people that are around you, around us.”

Chun Hua fidgeted on the edge of her shirt, looking down at it.

“Aish... don’t you have anything to say?”

A laugh escaped from me and I immediately stifled it. Unfortunately, I caught Luhan’s attention as his head turned to me.

“What are you laughing about?”

I stared at him, poker faced but at the side of my eyes, I see Chun Hua recognizing when an opportunity calls for it, slowly slipping away.

Luhan turned his head back at Chun Hua. “Hey, I'm not done with you yet! You have to explain yourself!” he half shouted.

Chun Hua, startled, shut her eyes close as she shouted. “Just because you own the place, doesn’t mean you can order me around.”

“Wait, what?” I asked, surprised at the sudden statement. “He owns this place?” I pointed at Luhan but I tried to get Chun Hua’s eyes focused on mine but they never did look at me. I looked at Luhan and he was frozen solid, his eyes wide and mouth half-open as he stared at Chun Hua as the other gasped and covered with guilt.

“Got to go, bye!” She then zoomed out of my vision as she dashed inside her room with a bang.

I felt a little numb from what I had just learned. Luhan owns this place... but he said that this was a gift from my aunts and uncles bundled together. If he owns this place...that would mean he used to stay here... and that explains why every one of the guys felt so at home in the first place even though we all just met not too long ago.

“You used to live here...” I hear myself mutter. I felt Luhan finally moved and I turned to him seeing that he is looking at me. “This is your pad, isn’t it?” I asked him with sharp eyes. Don’t you dare lie to me.

“...Yes...” He answered.

I couldn’t say anything good. That's why I kept silent for a moment, but one thing that stayed in my mind for the whole time. “I should move out of here. Me and Chun Hua will move out of here.” I said, walking my way to Chun Hua’s door, passing by him.

“What?”Luhan asked a bit alarmed but I am not sure since I continued my walk. “Nooo.” He said, and soon I felt his hands grasp my arm to stop me.

“Why?” I asked exasperatedly, turning to face him. His face looked troubled—a look that I have seen for the first time. “This is your place. We shouldn’t be here.”

“No, you can. You have to.”

“Why?”

“My parents asked me the day the party started at my house. They asked me if I still use this pad and I said no to them. It's true. I don’t use this anymore. That's why they told me to just give it to you and I agreed to it.”

I frowned at him. “You know... when I was in High School, I grew more aware of things that are happening from your family. The fact that you are the one who gives me all those books for school is already a big help for me. As for your father, the fact that he would always buy things for me, I didn’t want any of it anymore that I would have when I was little. I know that your mom and dad used to quarrel because of me. I know that I was a big issue. That's why I tried my best to keep my distance with your father. But whenever we are together, I just can't refuse him all the time. It hurts me to see him frustrated trying to guess what I want. But now that I am what I am today, I really don’t want to trouble anybody especially in your family.” I emphasized the ‘your’ by pointing at him. This whole speech of mine, about a bit of my past makes me feel emotional. I wasn’t surprised that after my speech, I became aware of the tears that are attempting to fall from my eyes. I shoved them away harshly, frustrated that I am such a cry baby and that Luhan shouldn’t be seeing this side of me. Especially since he never seen me cry before. I sighed, letting all the bad feelings out of my system. “Now you know...” my eyes found his and I couldn’t describe what I saw. I waited for him to say something...anything.

“Yeah... okay...” He said after a while. He nodded for further emphasis but I doubted that it was for me. “But what's done is done. My parents wanted this to be given to you so that you would have no trouble on finding a place to stay. And they asked me and I willingly agreed. So you don’t have anything to worry about.”

“But that doesn’t change anything...”

History song of EXO played randomly out of nowhere and I saw Luhan fish out for his phone from his pocket jeans. “Hello?” he said.

I stared at him as he talked in the phone but it wasn’t that long, it seems that the caller just wanted to tell him some information and when he was done, the call was cut off.

Luhan put his phone back in his pocket and glanced at me for a mere second, our eyes met. He held out one finger, signalling me to wait as he walked his way to a table, grabbing the remote for the television. I was wondering why he would randomly do that but my unannounced question was answered when the Tv talked and news came out that SM Entertainment confirmed that Luhan’s little sister and cousin is currently living in Seoul—pictures where shown as well for us to be able to be recognized.

“See?” Luhan pointed at the Tv with a proud look. “Everyone knows about you guys now. So nothing matters anymore.”

I tilted my head confused. I don’t see the connection between me deciding to move out and this news.

I was about to say this to Luhan when I heard Chun Hua’s voice from far behind. “Oh wow.” She said.

I turned to look at her, actually surprised that she just pops in out of nowhere.

“This is so cool.”

“How?” Luhan wondered.

Chun Hua looked at him as if he was alien. “Because~! This would give us an opportunity to be with you guys more often. Isn’t that great? No one would call me the mystery girl anymore. And you guys might be popular for that brother-sister love.”

I blushed furiously at her last words. I turned a bit and gazed down on my feet for Luhan not to see how I look when my face reddened into a tomato. My feels are all over the place, crying for help to get them out but I can't. I just can't let any guy know that I am interested in them especially Luhan. I glanced a look up and saw Chun Hua grinning widely and I stifled a laugh thinking how she is so much like Chanyeol.

My laughing soul back in when I felt my phone vibrate from my pockets. I dug to get in and saw that my father is calling me. Uh oh...my radar for trouble said.

“I have to take this.” I told Luhan, glancing at him, meeting his eyes as well as Chun Hua’s as I went to the edge of the room, far from Chun Hua and Luhan’s hearing.

“Pa?” I answered, facing the wall.

What do you think you are doing there? Tying yourself to Luhan like that.

“No, pa. It was a mistake. Luhan was just...”

 Luhan was what? Don’t you dare go innocent on me, young lady. Your auntie Nin and uncle Bob were both very surprised at the news that they got in the internet when one of Luhan’s brothers told them.

I said nothing. How can I when he just cut me off? Better for him to let it all out and this would end sooner than later.

I thought you were there for work and I expect you to work. Not dilly dallies with Luhan or his friends. They are already busy because of their schedule. I expect you to have the same for your work. Not for being a stupid Korean fangirl. We did not raise you to be like one.

True enough his words were for him, I fought myself for the tears that are attempting to fall from my eyes. This is my first call from my dad ever since I arrived here and I end up disappointing him once again without fail. Every day, I always think of my parents, wanting to prove to them that I am worth it. That even though I always get to get them angry for the little mistakes I do, I somehow can do something right. Ever since I started that goal, they seemed to have no comments to my accomplishments but my failures on the other hand; they keep grilling me at it.

After my father finished ranting to me, he cut the phone call without saying goodbye. I sighed and shoved my phone back to my pockets as I turned away from the wall and blindly bumped into Luhan.

“Sorry...” I murmured in reflex as I tried to balance myself by taking a couple of small steps back. His left hand reached for my arm to steady me. His grip was firm but soft and warm against my skin. “I'm fine.” I said, and that's when he let go of me after a moment’s hesitation. This made me want to reach out for him and touch him but I forced myself to forget about it with ease.

“Is something wrong? You had a deep sigh back there.”

“It's nothing at all~” I assured him by smiling extra happily. “Do you need something?”

“Yeah...” He answered as he held up his phone to me. “Dad wants to talk with you.”

“Oh..?” I asked half-surprised. I reach out to get the phone as he willingly handed it to me, our hands touched and for a moment, my hands lingered for a few seconds on his hands as I stupidly moved on to officially get the phone. But before I talk to Luhan’s dad, I asked him. “Are we in trouble?” holding the phone to my stomach, covering what I said to be heard on the other line.

He simply shook his head but his right hand reached out to my face and I unconsciously backed away and hit the wall, staring at him. His hand didn’t stop, and finally it reached near the side of my eyes. He wiped something of from it that I simply didn’t know until he touched it. It was tears. I didn’t know what to do about this and so I settled for turning my back to him and placed the phone by my ear.

“Hello?” I asked as I stared at the wall. I can see my shadow and Luhan’s as well. As I looked at it, the shadow slowly inched away indicating that Luhan had moved away, out of reach.

Hi luv, how are you doing?

I tried to be optimistic especially when it comes to him I feel the comfort hearing the familiarity and the playful voice of my uncle. “Strangely fine. You?”

 Are you sure? Did you already give a good scolding to my boy on how he put you into this kind of trouble?

“Uh... no?” I answered, thinking that Luhan must have gotten it bad from his dad. “But uncle, you should not be hard on him you know... if you saw the picture that was posted everywhere; you could see that Luhan saved me. I was feeling ill that day and unfortunately fainted.”

What? Why?

The ironic part of life... Luhan’s father favors me while my own father seems to only remember Luhan out of all of his brothers. “It doesn’t matter. I'm fine now. I've already adjusted here; and this whole thing that is happening, it going to be fine. As a matter of fact, it is an advantage to some, and maybe for me as well.” I told him, trying to be cheerful about it but everything that my father just said to me struck me the most and it's sticking in my mind like glue. I just can't be happy right now. I want to cage myself inside my room for once and come out when my feelings get better.

Well... okay. If you say so. Just do be careful and take care of yourself, okay? I have to go now... I'm having a meeting in a short while. Bye, luv~

“Bye uncle.” I hung up before he could. I want to go to my room... I thought as I walked my way to Luhan who was sitting on the sofa comfortably while Chun Hua was on the phone talking to her parents, reassuring them that nothing is wrong and it would not definitely affect her studies. With that, her parents reassured, calmed down and contentedly made their farewells in a more light-hearted way.

“I'm starving! Can we go out and eat?” Chun Hua asked, halfway skipping her way to us as I blindly handed Luhan’s phone back to him.

“I'm not really up for it... can we just eat whatever is in here?” I suggested.

Chun Hua shrugged. “But there's nothing to eat here. We haven’t done any grocery shopping lately...”

Oh great...  I groaned inwardly. There goes my alone time.

“Okay, let’s go then.” Luhan finalized, standing up from his seat. “Let’s celebrate on being related to each other.” He gave a toothy grin.

I gave no move for approval but Chun Hua held my hand and smiled. “Come.”

“Okay.” I agreed but couldn’t return the smile. I just want some alone time right now... but since everyone seems to be in the mood for a together time... well... I’ll try my best to be in a better mood.

The 3 of us walked out of the pad each wearing caps and a hoodies to hide, regarding the situation at the moment, the fans would be hot around the streets at this moment.

Chun Hua wanted to eat at a Chinese restaurant and so we went there. Thankfully, no one has recognized us yet since we chose to pass where there are less people, thanks to Luhan by guiding the way. The two of them talked and talked about stuffs that I barely heard since I couldn’t care less. I kept quiet the whole time, a bit scared when my mouth opens; it would spurt something really hurtful or would just change the mood of everyone.

As we entered, I became more alert to the people present. I looked around and was a bit relieved that they were minding their own business and that they didn’t took much notice of us.

Chun Hua hurriedly found a table for four people and sat on one side. I followed suit as I sat next to her and Luhan to my front.

A waiter was quick enough to approach us with some menus as he placed each one in front of us. Without looking at the menu, too lazy to pick food, I settled with the most basic one.

“One pork shaomai please and one plain rice. I’ll have coke for drinks.”

“hmmm...” Chun Hua hummed, scanning the menu. “I’ll have... mapo tofu... and coke.”

“Beef noodle soup and water.”

The waiter bowed and fled to give our orders to the kitchen.

“Isn't it so relaxing to eat Chinese foods once in a while?” Chun Hua chimed, starting the conversation. “I really miss the desserts especially.” She stared up in a dreamy gesture until she remembered. “Oh... I forgot... can we order mantou later for dessert?”

“Of course. The mantou here is really good.” Luhan informed.

Chun Hua glanced at me and continued talking with her happy manner. “Oh. Meixin! Do you remember that day when we ate at a restaurant back home?”

“What?” I asked trying to smile but unfortunately, it turned into a sour one.

I can see that Chun Hua saw this and by a split second, I thought I saw a bit of irritation there already. But nonetheless, she continued. ”You know... the one that we ordered that mantou and ended up playing with it by drawing some stuffs on it?”

“Ah... yeah...” was my plain answer.

Chun Hua didn’t continue what she was going to reminisce. She just stopped talking and just decided to play with the table napkin.

Luhan looked from me to Chun Hua’s direction. I on the other hand just stared at nothingness, still aware of everything. The fact that I know Chun Hua is pissed at me for my foul attitude and Luhan not really knowing what to do with the two of us.

“Is something wrong?” He asked.

“No... sorry.” I apologized mainly for Chun Hua. “I just want to rest... it's been a long day.”

“Yeah... for the fact that we were just staring at each other until Luhan-ge showed up... the fact that we just talked to our parents after quite a while and you being in this mood, yeah... it's been a long day.” Chun Hua muttered darkly in Chinese—the first time she did so ever since she came here in Korea.

Chun Hua is pretty enthusiastic but when she gets mad, she gets pretty scary that I get scared and would be cautious of her. With her in this kind of attitude right now and to add to that is my foul attitude, I decided to not do anything and just give each other time.

Luhan being a naturally good company between people got obviously torn between me and Chun Hua. His face was very troubled and worried as he looked from me to Chun Hua countless of times. I timed the part where he looks at me again and that's when I caught his eyes. I moved my eyes to Chun Hua’s direction silently telling him to talk to her rather than to me. Thankfully, he caught the message and started his magic towards Chun Hua until she slowly regained her usual self as I zoned out into my own world, my mind remembering all the bad times that I had with my father, my family that made my mood sadder. As much as I want to remember the happy thoughts, I couldn’t. I am definitely not an optimistic girl—I never was.

The eating part went by in a daze. I didn’t feel that I was eating anything but when I saw the empty plate in front of me, the only evidence I had that I really ate was the smudges of the sauce on my plate and the dirty chopsticks placed on top of it.

I can't really feel anything right now... I feel so numb. Why is it that I always excel in disappointing my father, my mother and always fail to impress them or even make them happy for my accomplishments? My sisters had gone through the same. It makes me want to return back into a child because as a child, there would be no problems to think of, my father would’ve found the time to play hide and seek with me while my mother is busy for work.

Tears clouded my vision and I immediately hated myself again for being a cry-baby. I shot up from my seat, surprising both Luhan and Chun Hua as their conversation stopped. “Sorry...” I murmured and immediately made my way out of the door and hailed a cab to get me back to the pad. I hurriedly made my way up and opened the door with the key and sprinted to my room, banging the door shut as I flopped on the bed, tears already flowing out of my eyes and making a part of the sheet of my pillow, damp.

I should’ve been used to how my parents act or what they would say but every time that they do say it, even though I am prepared for it, I always end up crying. Why can't they appreciate the little things I have done? Why can't they be happy when I am happy? I have done everything that they asked for, only except for the fact that they wanted me to be the one to manage our business. I can't have my life get stuck in that always-busy business... I would be like my mom. My mom who is always cranky when it comes to money. My mom who was always telling me what to do and what not to do ever since I was young until I graduated in college. My mom who has little time for us, her daughters and for herself.

The tears kept flowing out of my eyes but I made no move to wipe them. I never did once I got myself alone at last. If only these tears of mine could change something regarding my problems, I could’ve appreciated them. But no... These tears of mine are uselessly flowing out of me—uncontrolled.

I nearly jumped out of my skin when I felt a hand land on the top of my hair softly. I looked up, dreading to see anyone and saw Luhan looking down at me. Oh great. I muttered inside my head.

“What are you doing here?” This question turned out into a mumble because I immediately slumped my face on my pillow, hiding them from him.

“Chun Hua and I were worried about you.”

“...Where is she...?” I asked, wary that she might’ve been standing by the door, watching me as well. I didn’t want that, I hate having people see me cry.

“She’s in her room. She said that we should give you time...”

“Why didn’t you?”

“For one, as much as Chun Hua might be experienced with the right thing to do when it comes to you... I'm not. Second, as I said from earlier... I was worried about you. It might not matter for you but it is for me. Third...”

I waited for him to continue what he was saying but it didn’t come... I raised my head a bit to look up to him and saw him still staring at me like earlier. “What?” I asked.

Luhan shook his head. “Third, instead of hugging that unfortunate pillow that is not damp with tears... and maybe drool...” I made a move to hit him and it landed on the side of his right leg. “Why not hug me instead?” I was surprised... I just stared at him and him to me, with his warm smile that he is giving to me; I couldn’t help but get lost to the feelings that always pop up whenever I am with him. “And that hurts...” he continued as he rubbed his unfortunate leg.

“That did not.” I countered, finally going back. “And wouldn’t you rather have me hugging this pillow than wet your shirt?”

He said nothing but made his move by climbing on the bed. I tightened my hold on my pillow, refusing to let go of it.

“That's your favourite pillow, isn’t it?” Luhan asked as he settled at my back, I can feel his breath trickle on my skin and makes me have goose bumps where his breath touches.

“Not really...” I said simply, but my mind reeled as to why he knows that this is my favourite one out of my four pillows?

“That was my favourite pillow too.” He murmured.

“What pillow?”

“The wet one you're hugging right now.”

“You're kidding.” I told him, not believing it. But nonetheless, the pillow was released from my tight hug as I turned halfway to see him. He gave me a smirk.

“Wanna see if I am? Check the one where they usually put where the pillow was made in... You’ll see a couple of words there.”

I did what he told me to do and true enough, written over the words made in Korea, were words ‘smile always’.

“Smile always.” I read and at the same time, Luhan murmured the same words.

“So this is your room...?” I asked him stupidly. I knew the answer already. Of course it is. His favourite pillow is here... and this room is a little bigger than Chun Hua’s which means that must've been the guest room, but I just had to ask.

Luhan shrugged and I shifted to face him fully this time. “Those words are a constant reminder for me... no matter how things could go wrong... no matter how other people could hurt me; it would soon be fine as long as you are with the ones that make you happy.”

I kept silent, his words played over and over inside my mind like a ringing telephone. I felt him move and soon found out what it was when he wiped my dried tears with it. I couldn’t help but get teary eyed once again. I don’t deserve this kindness that he is giving me. All I did was create chaos in his family and now, he is taking care of me like I have never been closer to his father than him.

“Care to tell me what's wrong?” he asked, still wiping now the new tears that fell from my eyes.

I just shook my head and finally gave in to his offer. I inched closer to him as I hugged him, my head over his chest as I felt him hug me back as one of his hands caressed my hair in a manner of comfort.

“Sorry.” He whispered. “I won't ask anymore. Just tell me if you want to. I’ll be here.”

With this, I cried harder. He did nothing but hug me and comfort me as I wept over and over in his arms. Even though his shirt is already damp, I couldn’t care. I wanted to hug him for so long, his arms, his warmth; his scent enveloped me as I fell into a deep sleep due to tiredness.



OTL sorry everyone for the mispellings and grammar. Didn't bother to reread them. >< It's edited now. Soo yeah~ hehe sorry again.