Chapter 7: Café Hanbamjung

He's My Heart Attack ... ​​

 


Day: 17 Countdown:163 days


That Thursday, I was hanging out Myungsoo and Cammie afterschool. The sky had been gray and rained a little all day. Making it feel you were being tucked into bed every time we walked in a room or building. "Hey Hyun Jae, what should we do?" asked Cammie. 

We were at Cammie's house, done with our homework and we decided to walk around her neighborhood. We happened to stop in front of a newly opened cafe. "Ooo...how about that café?" 


Café Hanbamjung


Café Midnight? Who names their café: 'Café Midnight'? The café had the strangest decor I've ever seen. Usually café's would have this natural daytime vibe with the walls painted a shade of brown or green. But this café spooky natural vibe. The gray clouds made the building look even spookier.

In the inside, it looked like a midnight forest. The walls were painted a midnight blue with trees and glowing fireflies in different places all over the walls. We took a seat near the far end of the café. So far, we were the only customers in here other than a middle aged man sitting at a counter on a bar stool. 

Actually, I think I kinda like this place. It feels like bed time. I love bed time. 

"So guys," Myungsoo started. "What are you going to order?"

"Hmm..Maybe the expresso. Do you guys think the drinks will be blue too?" said Cammie, pointing out the fact that everything in here was was a color. "Haha. Then I would think the owner would be Percy Jackson." (a/n: Percy Jackson fans; BLUE cherry coke. :D )

The menu was decorated with navy blue vines along the black boarders. Thankfully, everything on the menu was the same as other food from other cafés. Ooo.. They have fries and sandwiches here.

A waiter dressed all in dark blue and black came and asked "Are you guys ready to order?" 

 "I'll have a Café Bombón and fries." said Cammie. "I'll have a French Vanilla Frappé and a slice of The House of Cheesecake." said Hyun Jae. 

"Umm...I'll just get an iced tea. Thanks." said Myungsoo as he handed the waiter the menus.

"Just an iced tea? Are you on a diet or something?" I asked and Cammie chuckled silently beside me. 

"No." he said sheepishly. "I just don't feel like drinking coffeé  today." 

The door open and a group of students walked in. It turned out to be the sunbaes from our school. J sunbae was with them.

For the past few days, I've been fogetting about Daehyun. The one who I've liked for the past few years and suddenly my feelings for him immediately changed in a matter of days.

He and his friends took a seat in one of the corners in the front of the shop. It was kind of strange. Since the day he picked up my notebook, I've been watching him. I sound like a stalker don't I? But what would you do if there was a person who knows who you had a crush on? Pay close attention to make sure they wouldn't tell anyone right? 

But strangely, every time I see him, I have this stronge urge to keep watching him. Which I find kind of weird because he and I don't even talk to each other. We pass each other by in the hallways at school, yeah, but that was pretty much it. We didn't have the same P.E. class nor did we have the same music class, the only classes that the freshman through senior students could have with each other.

I do, however, know that he is smart, he plays the flute in band, his whole schedule, and he's in three classes with Hana, Eun Mi and Min Hee. That includes homeroom. I think I shall promote from stalker to creeper.

GAH! Why didn't I study harder in math?! Then I would be in some classes with him!

But still, back to the orginal problem, I think-, wait no scratch that, I know I've developed a little crush on him when I hardly know him. Weird isn't it? You develop a crush on a person who pretty much doesn't know you. . 

I finally snapped back to reality when I felt something cold on my thighs. I looked down and saw that my pants were soacked with my poor French Vanilla Frappé.

"Omo! I'm so sorry! I'll go get some towels right away." cried the waiter. 

"Wait!." I put out a hand to stop her. "I'll just go to the restroom. Where is it?" She pointed to a door near a corner at the front of the shop.

I looked to where she pointed and couldn't believe my luck. Right next to the sunbaes table. Aren't I a lucky clover, I get to walk right in front of my crush with my pants soacked through, looking as if I peed in my pants like a four year old.

Ah yes, my luck keeps getting better and better. I just remembered; all the people sitting at that table are kingkas. Nice.

I sighed quietly as I made my way toward the restroom door. Right when I reached front of the sunbaes table, J, who was facing the window, suddenly pushed his chair back. I, who was right behind him, fell like someone diving into cake.

But that wasn't the worst part. 

Hehehe..not even close.

When I fell, my leg knocked one of the legs of the table. The table shook violently and the sunbaes coffee cups spilled all over the table and leaked onto the carpets. J sunbaes coffee cup, unfortunately, fell over and splashed all over me. Uh huh. Sizzling hot coffee all over. 

"AH!" I screamed out from the pain and was on the verge of tears.

Then a waiter holding a can of whipped cream came to check out what was going on, he tripped and the whipped cream landed nozzle-down on the floor near my face and blasted whipped cream all over my face. Kill. Me. Now!

The sunbae table then started laughing at my ridiculous state. But J, oh my god thank you to your parents who taught you well, helped me up and brought me to the rest room. 

He pulled me up and sat me down on the sink.

What the heck is he doing?

He then quickly grabbed some paper towels and leaned foreword to splashed them with water before wiping the whipped cream out of my hair. And I almost flinched away.

What's going on? What the heck is with the sudden skinship?? Is this really J sunbae? The one person that may probably my crush? The one who cause my mother to cry? The one that is causing my heart to beat rapidly right now?

Flashback~

November 18, 1996

Lcation: Moonlight for Startlight Preschool(MMSP)(A/N: Idk. just some random name. hehehe)

The weather that day was also a rainy day. The sky had just clear and the students were allowed to go outside.

"I, Choi Hyun Jae, is the prettiest princsess in the world! Right? Lady-in-waiting Cammie?"

"Yes, yes dear princess. Oh my, look! It's His Royal Highness, Prince Myungsoo of 밥 (Bap, Rice)!" 

"Hello there Princess Hyun Jae of 간장 (Gan Jang, Soy sauce). I, Prince Myungsoo have come to take Princess Hyun Jae on a joyride on his Royal Carriage." said Myungsoo while gesturing to his Royal Red wagon. 

We both got into the 'carriage' and Cammie 'transformed' into our horse and started pulling us around the playground. Apparently, that was a mistake. Then a group of second level preschoolers walked by the playground. Cammie wasn't looking where she was going and suddenly bumped into the 'leader' of their little group, Toni, one of the American-Korean at our school. Toni is also the older brother of the most popular girl in our grade. She was also stuck-up, rich, smart, and all around Queenka. Toni is just slightly below that. Not as mean as her.

Toni wasn't too happy about us bumping into him. When Cammie bumped into them, she fell and he fell. Right into a mud pile.

THE NEXT DAY~

I heard my mother crying in the morning. "Umma? Why are you crying?" I asked her what was wrong and just cried even harder. My appa walked into the kitchen with a grim face. The saddest face I've ever seen on him. "Appa! What's wrong?"

"W-we have to live somewhere else h-honey. Some bad people took our money from the bank, but it'll be okay, okay? Myungsoo's parents already know and offered to take us in. Everything will be alright." he said as if  trying to reassure himself.

I, being the little preschooler that I was, had no I idea what it meant.

I was so happy to get to live with Myungsoo and loved the idea of getting to play with him very second of everyday, I didn't care what happened.

It wasn't until freshmen year did I find out we were sued. And the person that sued us was J, a snobby kid at that time, complained that when Cammie knocked Toni over, the mud splashed all over him.

Present~

Location: Still in the restroom

J sunbae was still wiping my hair. His eyes were really gentle not like his friends. Has he always been this nice? Did he forget wat he did to my family? I wondered.

I don't know why but I felt like I was paralyzed since the moment he helped me up earlier. No matter how  hard I tried, I couldn't move. Maybe its from the shock, thinking too much and embarrassment. I kept thinkinh and thinking of why i couldn't. And finally decided to not even try anymore. I give up.


YAY!! I finally updated!! :D I was a actually going to type this chapter weeks ago but I was distracted (by the tv) because it's summer and I usually don't get to watch tv much during the school year so I was catching up. Hehehehe...

But I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter because I had think of lots and lots of things to think of what's going to happen after this. ^_^

HEHEHEHE!! doesn't L look so cute when he's embarrassed??

970707_553610314675554_955012316_n.jpg

The maknae line; bungee jumps

1004829_553356484700937_1405186246_n.jpg

The hyung line; spinning tea cups

I don't own any pictures. Credits to rightful owners~

BYE!~