Chapter 3: Backwards

He's My Heart Attack ... ​​

 Day: 5 Countdown: 175 days


Friday I thought, finally. It's only been a week of school and I already have a science, math, and history project. "I think the school's trying to kill us." I mumbled quietly. Hana, Eun Mi, and Min Hee already moved homerooms, just like they said they would, leaving me all alone in my classes I had with them. This made me want Myungsoo and Cammie to arrive sooner. They have been my friends since...well...since ever.

I have made some new friends, but non of them really stuck. They weren't mean or anything, I just haven't known them long enough. Gosh, I thought, why do we have so many projects! I starred at the digital clock on my desk. 12:45 a.m. It's not that bad. Good thing it's a Friday. Suddenly, my phone began plating Exo-M's new song, "Don't Go".         

"Yeoboseyo?" 

"Hey Hyun Jae! Guess who?!"

My eyes widened as I gasped. 

"Myungsoo! Just when I was thinking of you!" I shouted while running to my bed. I heard him chuckle.

"How is favorite girl?" he asked in English.

"Ew. Myung, don't say 'favorite girl'. It really doesn't sound right." I replied back.

"Fine then. What's happening?"

"I'm fine" I said as monotone as possible.

"What's wrong?"

"What do you mean 'what's wrong?'. There is nothing wrong."

Uh-huh. Sure. Then why'd your voice go up an octave? You're sounding a little breathy too."

"What?"

"You're also tapping you're pencil furiously on the table."

"What--" I look down and sure enough my pencil was tapping up and down on the table. Man, he knows me too well.

Sighing, "It's just that...now that I'm at AIH again, I see him again. But the thing is...I really shouldn't like him," refering to Daehyun, "I mean, he's not even from around here. My parents definately WILL NOT let me have a boyfriend that isn't from around here. Oh yeah! I really, really, really HATE sitting by myself at the table. Why can't you guess come already! I really miss you guys too." I said with a pout.

Silence on the other end.

"Hello? Myung? Yah!"

"N-neh? Oh. Um. I was just.... Anyway, don't worry Hyunnie. We'll be there in a week okay? How about I text you while your at lunch? So you wouldn't be as lonely?" 

"What? No no no. It's alright Myung. You need to sleep. You'll have school too."

"It's alright Hyun Jae. I'd already be done with homework anyway. Besides it'd be nice to talk to you before I fall alseep. And I probably won't be able to sleep knowing that at that exact same moment, you're sitting all by yourself." he explained.

"Oh, fine. But you must go to sleep when I tell you to, arraso?"

"Neh, Umma." he giggled. 

"Yah! Myungsoo oppa! I am not your umma!" On the other end I heard Myungsoo gasp. "Huh? What's wrong?" I asked. "You just called me oppa! Finally! Go on, say it again. O-ppa." he said it in syllabals. I flushed. Even though Myungsoo is older than me, I never called him oppa before. Well, except that ONE day.

Flashback~ Author POV

"Myungsoo! Myungsoo!" shouted a little girl wearing a baby blue dress with a white sun hat. 

She was running toward a little boy who was wearing a trench coat. 

 A/N: Just imagine the little boy to be Myungsoo in the picture. And pick which ever coat you like. :)

"Bwoh?" he asked, trying to fix the front of his shirt, distracted. Then all of a sudden, ther girl burst out crying. "Hyun Jae!" cried the boy as he rushed to her. "Gwaenchana? Are you hurt or somehing? What is it?" he asked while hugging her. "I.." sniff. "b-balloon" sniff. sniff. "tree." she finally said while pointing a finger to a something behind her and wiped her tears on his coat. 

Myungsoo looked up at a tree that was about 50 feet away from them. It doesn't look that high up, he thought, maybe if I'm careful, I can get it down. 

He then grabbed her hands and started walking towards the trunk of the tree. Once they got there, he shook off his coat and placed it on the floor. "What are you doing?" she asked, still wiping her tears away. Myungsoo smiled. "Saving your balloon." and started climbing. "B-becareful" Hyun Jae shouted to Myungsoo who was already 3 feet up. The tree itself being about 15 feet. Since the tree had many bracnches, it was easier to climb.  

While climbing, Myungsoo didn't see a woodpecker landing on a branch about a foot away from his head. The bird then started pecking at the trunk of the tree, looking for bugs to eat. The woodpecker pecked so hard at the trunk that the whole tree shook, causing Myungsoo to loose his balance.

"Woah!" cried Myungsoo as he lost his hold on a branch. And fell backwards.


Woah! That was a short update. Anyway, the pictures I used earlier DO NOT belong to me. 

Hopefully I can update again tomorrow. HEHEHE I probably won't. :) Mianhae. *bows* 

BYE!~