Chapter 2: Class

He's My Heart Attack ... ​​

Day:1 Countdown:180 days 


 

Hyun Jae's POV~

"Hello.." sang Eun Mi as she waved her hands in front of my face. "Hyun Jae?"

"H-huh?. O-oh. Um. B-bwoh?" I stampered. I didn't realize that I was staring at them the whole time. I finally saw him again after 2 years. My heart is beating uncontrollably. After thinking about him for 2 years, thinking about how much I love him, I finally get to see Daehyun again. I couldn't help it. I froze up.

"Are you alright? What's wrong?" asked Hana in a worried voice.

"She's fine guys. She's just a bit startstruck. Right, Hyun Jae?" snickered MinHee as she nudged my shoulder. "Oh shut up." I said and pushed her away. "Ha ha. You know you love me" she replied back. I turned back to watch him, just as he and his group of friends walked right past us with a group of girls chasing them, like a swam of bees.

The bell rang, causing the students to panic. Traffic jams started forming in the hallways. Students shoving and pushing each other, trying to get to homeroom. They didn't realize it was only the warning bell. Neither did Hana.

"Come on guys! We need to get to class or we'll be late." cried Hana as she started racing to her class. "Wait. Isn't Hana in our class? She left without us?" We all turned to watch Hana as she dashed acrossed the quad, looking for the right homeroom. 

This year, according to Eum Mi, the school district tried something a little different. They send out our schedule through the mail instead of having the students going to the office. They decided that it would be better and easier for the secretary. She wouldn't have to go through the trouble of looking for the right schedule and then printing it out. 

"Hyun Jae, do you have Mr. Rang as your homeroom teacher? We all have him." said Eun Mi, but her voice sounded a bit strange, like something was bothering her. 

I took a glance at my schedule, shaking off the uneasy that Eun Mi was keeping something from me. 


Name:Choi Hyun Jae   ID:416853  Year:11th 


Class:                            Room:                                        Teacher:                       Subject:


Homeroom                     41                                                Rang                                   -

1st Period                       32                                              Kaeduen                          Band

2nd Period                     64                                                  Lee                               Science

3rd Period                      29                                                 Gwak                        Pre-Calculus

4th Period                      54                                                   Ah                                  P.E

5th Period                      62                                                   Na                               History

6th Period                       -                                                       -                                   Lunch

7th Period                       41                                                  Rang                           Reading

8th Period                      41                                                  Rang                            Writing 


Maybe I should say my homeroom teachersname very slowly. Hehe the suspense. They might think I'll say a different teachers' name. Mwahahaha!!  I thought evilly.

"Hmm...for homeroom.....I have.....teacher......RANG." I finally said with a grin.

"Were you trying to scare us? To see if we were sad if you were in another class?" Min Hee asked with a raised brow, like a teacher questioning a troublemaker student.

"Uh..yeah.." I mumbled with my head down as if I were a child being scolded.

"Pabo" she facepalmed.

"Well, come on guys. We're gonna be late. Mr. Rang's class is upstairs, so we have farther to walk." said Eun Mi as started walking, dragging me with her. Min Hee trailed behind us. 

Once we got to class, I stayed outside the door. It was required for new, or returning students, to wait outside so that the teacher can introduce them to the class, before the student goes in and introduce themselves. While I stood outside, I stole a peek through the small window on the door. Chaos. That was the only word to describe the class. Students sitting on tables. Others were chewing gum, with their feet promt on the desk. Some were even folding paper planes. What are they? 6?

"Are you Choi Hyun Jae?" asked a monotoned voice from behind, which startled the daylights out of me. I turned and nodded my head. I'm guessing this is Mr. Rang. He was wearing a stripped t-shirt and khaki pants. Mr. Rang stood tall and with a straight back. He reminds me of Superman's real identity, Clark Kent. "Alright then," he nodded back and walked past me.

"Listen up class." Mr. Rang's voice boomed, "Sit down people int the back. Quiet! Today is the first day of school, so I don't want you guys to be my bad class. Anyway, I would like to introduce a returning student, who just came back from the U.S, Miss. Choi Hyun Jae."

After hearing Mr. Rang call out my name, I walked to the front of the class. "Annyeonhaesayo, Choi Hyun Jae-imnida. I just returned from the U.S. two nights ago. Some of you may know me since I was here for freshman year. And some, I went to elementary and middle school with. But anyway, I hope that we can all have a fun year together!" I said with a smile as I looked around the class and spotted Daehyun. My smile faltered a bit as I blushed.

"Alright then, Hyun Jae, sit anywhere you like." said Mr. Rang. I took a seat near my friends. Hana next to me on the right, Min Hee behind her, and Eun Mi behind me. There was an empty seat on my left and another one in front of Hana.   Daehyun was only two seats away. I'm so close to him. It's hard not to stare at him. He was talking to one of his friends, paying me no attention at all.

The class started to get noisy again and I tore my gaze away from him. I looked up at Mr. Rang, sursprised to see that he gave no reaction at all. He just stared at the screen of his laptop, as if the class wasn't even here. I turned to Hana. "Hana?" I asked. "What class do you have next?" She looked a little sad when I asked her that. "I have reading and writing next." Everyone had their reading and writing periods right next to each other. It was easier because whichever teacher you have for reading, you'll have for writing.

"Oh." I said sadly. "I have band next."

"Aww....Hyun Jae, don't look so sad. Your gonna make me sad too." said Hana with droopy brows. Hana was the kind that would actually get sad whenever someone else is sad. Even for the people she didn't know. "Eun Mi, Min Hee and I will be changing homerooms." she confessed, "We'll be taking Calculus instead of Pre-Calc with the rest of you guys and our homeroom teacher will be one of the senior teachers. Today is the only day that we will be in the same homeroom as you because we pleaded the principle to let us have just one day in this class since you are in this homeroom."

"Oh." I said again. "Maybe I'll meet new some new people in my classess." I said with a big grin.