Chapter 4: Again

He's My Heart Attack ... ​​

Day:5 Countdown:175 days


 Still Flashback~

Hyun Jae's POV

I gasped. "Oppa!" I screamed. Myungsoo came flying down. Toward me. "Oppa!" I screamed again. What am I going to do? AH! I can't think straight! I mentally screamed. 

Then PLOP! Myungsoo landed next to me. He tried to sit up but the wind was knocked out of him; he could barely lift a finger. But when I looked at his face, he was smiling. "Yah! Why are you smiling?! You just fell from a tree!" He didn't try to say anything and just starred at me. I grabbed his hands and tired to get him to a sitting position. When I finally did, I pushed him toward the trunk of the tree. After pushing Myungsoo to the tree, I sat with my feet tucked under me while staring at him. He stared back. 

The the wind started blowing and the pine needles fell down on us. There was scratches on his face from the fall. Blood oozed from the cuts. His eyes. They were sad. So sad. "Yah!" I finally shouted to break the silence. "Stop staring at me like that. It's creepy." He cracked another smile, the sadness vanishing and was replaced by affection and tenderness. "Hyun Jae-ah." he finally managed to say. That was it.

Myungsoo's POV~

I watched as Hyun Jae buried her face into her hands and started shaking. I knew she was crying but I couldn't do anything. My chest was burning and I could hardly breathe, let alone move. After taking several ragged breathes, I finally managed to say 'Hyun Jae' again. She looked up at me, her eyes filled with guilty tears. "Oppa." She said again. There it was. She called me 'oppa'.

Present~ Hyun Jae POV~

"Hello?" Hyun Jae-ah? You still there?" came Myungsoo's voice. "I'm still here." I replied. "Myungsoo-ah, I remembered that I have to do some homework okay? Goodnight." After realizing my mistake; Myungsoo was still in California. "I mean good morning." I heard him chuckle.

"Good night Hyun Jae. I'll text you next week 'kay?"  

"Neh." 

"Ara. Annyeong." he said and hung up.

I sighed, thinking about the day Myungsoo tried to rescue my balloon. I really was scared that day. Probably the scariest day I've ever had. What if he broke more than just his ribs that day? What if he broke the stem of his brain? Some stuff that I learned in California was that whenever there is an earthquake, you must first protect the back of your neck. The reason for this was because the back of your neck is where the stem of your brain is. Once it's broken, you will die an immediate death.

After Myungsoo had said my name again, I ran to his house. His backyard where I found him earlier when I ran to him, compaining about my balloon. Right when I was running in through the backdoor, Myungsoo's father was walking out. Before I collided with the floor, he quickly scooped tiny me in his arms. "Why are you in such a hurry?" he had said. "Are you crying Hyun Jae?" I didn't say anything and struggled in his arms, so he set me on the ground. I then pulled one of his fingers and began dragging him toward Myungsoo. When he saw Myungsoo, he immediately carried Myungsoo, his face grim. When we got to the hospital, nurses came rushing to us and took Myung away. But he was fine. Just a few broken ribs, they said.

I slapped myself, trying to stop remembering the way he looked in the hospital bed. The IV bag conected to his arm. The heart monitor beeping. The scratches on his beautiful face.

His parents, surprisingly, weren't mad at me. In fact they apologized instead. They said that they were so sorry cause I had to witness such a frightening thing when I am just an innocent little girl. 

I sighed again and reluctantly got off my bed, walking to my desk. I plopped down on the chair and tried getting at least my science project done.