Chapter 5: Gum

He's My Heart Attack ... ​​

Day:11 Countdown: 169


The alarm clock rang and I threw the covers off my head and rushed out the room. I must get to the restroom before Dad does.

In my house, we have two restrooms. My parents don't sleep in the same room and the only bedroom that has a restroom is my mother's. She doesn't let anyone use it unless, of course, I really need to go. I still find it kinda funny that my mom kicked him out of their room. The other restroom is located in the hallway; the restroom that I use. It was mine before but now, my dad uses it too. We also both wake up at the same time. 

The restroom door came into view. It's still open! HA! I thought. Dad isn't up yet! But right when I was just a door away, my dad walked in, banging it shut.

"..."

"AH!" I screamed as I ruffled my hairin frustration. "I just had pick the room at the other end of the hall!" Then I walked up to the door and kicked it. "Hurry up Dad!" I shouted. 

~~~~~

After I finally got to go to the restroom, I went downstairs to find there was no one making breakfast. "Did mom sleep in?" I mumbled quietly to myself.  As I was walking toward the fridge, the clock onthe wall started beeping. I took a glance at it and saw that it was 7:45 a.m. Class starts at 8:00 a.m. My eyes rounded. "Damm it! There's no time to eat to eat now. Dad!" I shouted "Can you take me to school?"

When my dad dropped me off, I quickly went Eun Mi and the rest off the gang. "Food..." I said ,like a zombie looking for brains, as I walked toward them. "Do you have food?" I asked Eun Mi. "I have gum." she replied. My eyes lit up. "Food!"

"Here you go." she said as she handed me a stick of gum. I must've looked like a dog receiving a milk bone because Hana came up and patted me on the head. I beamed at her.

Before the bell could ring, I quickly ripped the wrapper off the stick of gum and popped it in my mouth. But before I could start chewing it, "Ahem." The most feared teacher stood in front of us and pointed to a trash can behind us. I had no choice but to spit it out. I started walking toward the trash can and with my back turned, I chewed as fast as I could before spitting it out.

Just my luck. Right when I am so hungry.

I then started walking back to my friends but was stopped by the teacher. I looked up and immediately terrified. She was senior science teacher, Mrs. Dong. She was also, or so I've heard, the scariest teacher ever. We heard about her since middle school. Even the worst troublemakers were afraid of her.

"Detention." she said while handing me a piece of paper before walking swiftly away with her lab coat trailing behind her.

Great. Now I have detention on Monday. 

My friends gave me worried glances because they had no idea what people do in detention. They only heard of some of the punishments. I could have gum scraping duty. Bleck!

I'd have to scrape the dried gum form the floor until the principle is satisfied with my work. Or my other choice would be to sit in Mrs. Dong's class for 2 hours while doing nothing but sit on her class and stare at the board. If we made a sound, she'd yell at us.

The bell rang and I dragged my feet up the stairs, by myself. I handed my detention slip to Mr. Rang . He gave it back to me and wrote my name on the board.

Detention


Kim Jun Hyun

 

Jang Dong Woo

Do Kyung Soo

Jung Dae Hyun

Choi Hyun Jae   


Wait what? Daehyun's in detention??