Chapter 8: Fun

He's My Heart Attack ... ​​

 


Day:27 Countdown:153 Days


I groaned as I woke up and got off the bed. "Aigoo, that was a strange dream I just had." I mumbled. Would that strange dream come true one day? Or is it just one of those dreams.......

---

I looked at the clock and groaned again. It's 2:00 P.M. on a Sunday and I'm stuck home doing nothing.  Cammie is at her cousin's house for a birthday party, and Myungsoo has a doctor's appointment and after that he has to baby sit his neighbors 3 kids today.

Beep...Beep...Beep

I groaned as I stretched my arm over my bed to my nighstand.

Phone Call

"Yeobosaeyo?" 

"Yeobosaeyo."

"Myungsoo-ah, why are you calling?" 

"Aigoo, that makes me sad. Hyun Jae-ah, you don't want to talk to me?" Myungsoo sobbed on the other end 

"Ani, it's just that I thought you were busy today."

"Hmm, no not anymore, my neighbors cancelled their plans today because one of their kids got the chickenpox and they don't want me to get it , so now my day is free. So can you meet me at the park near the school as soon as possible?"

"You want me to meet you at the park?"

"Mhm, and make sure you get there as soon as possible. And to make sure you do, I'll give you a surprise if you get here fast enough."

"Neh, I'll be there!~ But give me a couple of minutes to get ready and head out." I practically shouted through the phone to Myungsoo.

"Ok, but hurry or else I won't give you your prize~"  Myungsoo sang at me

"Nae, annyeong~"

"Annyeong~"

End of Phone Call

 

I jumped off my bed, suddenly filled with energy because I had something to do today, and Myungsoo was going to give me a surprise. I washed up, grabbed my jacket and phone, slipped on a t-shirt, and put on my jeans, than ran down stairs, poked my head into the kitchen and told my mom that I was heading out. Before she could answer, I ran out to the door, slipped on my shoes, and bolted outside.

As I was walking down the street towards Maple Park, or should I say skipping, I realized how nice of a day it was today. It was a cool Autumn day, with a slight breeze, the sun shining brightly in the sky, and a couple of puffy little clouds dotting the blue sky here and there. I inhaled deeply and spread my arms wide and did a little spin.

I'm pretty sure I was smiling like a maniac by the time I got to Maple Park, and I couldn't have cared less about what other people thought when they saw me smiling like that. As soon as I stepped onto the path and off of the sidewalk, I swear that birds started to sing. I started walking down the path, and after I walked for a little while, while looking at the gold, orange, and red leaves of the Maple trees that lined the path, I saw Myungsoo sitting on a bench next to the path doing something on his phone.

"Myungsoo!" I yelled while running down the path towards him. Myungsoo looked up from his phone and waved at me while smiling. "Hyun Jae!" He yelled at me with a smile on his face. As soon as I reached him I immediately sat down next to him and looked at him like a little kid on Christmas waiting for her gift. Should I tell him about my dream?

He chuckled at me and patted my head making me pout. "Where's my surprise?" I asked him. He looked at me with a mischievous glint in his eyes, smiled and said, "We're going to the carnival that just came to town." I looked at him curiously and asked him, "Just us?"

And that's when he gave me one of his mischievous smiles that always gave me a slightly bad feeling. He looked at me and said, "That's were the surprise comes in."

I looked at him puzzled and asked, " But wasn't our trip to the amusement park the surprise?"

 "Ani, of course not. If that was the surprise I wouldn't have told you so soon. You'll just have to wait until we get to the amusement park to see what ther surprise is." He teased.

"Kaja, let's go than!" I cheered as I jumped up from my seat and practically hauled Myungsoo out of his seat, through the park, and towards the amusement park.

 

Amusement Park

"So Myungsoo ah, what was the surprise?"

"Hmm, where are they?" He mumbled to himself completely ignoring my question.

"Where's who?"

"Your surprise," He said in a cheery tone, finally turning to me, and grinned.

"My surprise is a person?"

"Mhm, well people, but I promise you you'll thank me by the end of the day," he said cheekily

"Who are they?"

"Hmm, you'll see in a little while when I find them. Ah, wait, there they are."

I turned around and saw Daehyun and J sunbae walking towards us.

"Daehyun and J sunbae are my surprise!?!?" I asked frantically to Myungsoo. I felt heat rushing to my cheeks as I looked away.

"Mhm, Daehyun is my science partner, and J is in my P.E. class. And I asked them to go to the amusement park with me because I thought it would be fun." Wow. I'm so jealous of you Myungsoo. You have no idea.

"Why did you bring me than?"

"Because you're Hyun Jae, do I need any other reason? And because someone asked for you~" He sing songed

"Aigoo, why do I feel like you're up to something Myungsoo? Wait who asked for me?"

And that's when J sunbae and Daehyun reached us.

"Annyeong Myungsoo, Hyun Jae." 

Myungsoo, Hyun Jae-ah,  what's up?!" Daehyun cheered. Woah. He actually talked to me.

"Annyeong J sunbae," feeling my face go hot again, "Daehyun-nim."

"What's up Daehyun, J? What do you guys want to do today?"

"Hmm, well J and I kind of made a bet on who can get through everything in the carnival faster after we got your call, and we kind of wondered if you would be ok if we split into pairs to see who will win." Daehyun answered.

"What do you get if you win?" Myungsoo asked sounding extremly curious.

"Well we thought that the losing pair could be the 'servants' of the winning pair for a week." J sunbae answered this time.

"That sounds fun, I'm up to it, what about you Hyun Jae?"

"Hmm, I'll do it, but who are the pairs?" I asked.

"Well, Daehyun and I are on opposite teams, so you and Myungsoo will have the choice of having either me or Daehyun in your team." J sunbae said.

"Hmm, do you want to choose first Hyun Jae, or do you want to go first?"Myungsoo asked.

"You can go first Myungsoo."

"Ok, I'll go with J than" he said, than turned away from the J sunbae, and Daehyun and winked at me.

"Y-Yah, Myungsoo did you do this on purpose," I whispered to him in shock.

"Hmm, maybe I did and maybe I didn't, but shouldn't you be thanking me either way?" He whispered back to me, while smiling cheekily.

"Myungsoo!" I whisper yelled.

"Hyun Jae it looks like you'll be my partner than! And we'll definitely beat Myungsoo and J, right?" Daehyun cheered successfully, and unknowingly, interrupting Myungsoo's and I's whispered conversation.

"Yeah, it looks like we'll be the winning pair for sure!" I cheered, slightly blushing

"Aigoo, someone seems enthusiastic, hmm?" Myungsoo teased.

"Of course, cause I know we'll win for sure," I said smiling cheekily

"Hmm, don't count on it Hyun Jae ah, Myungsoo and I will not be your 'servants'!" J sunbae cheered

"Ani, J if you're not gonna be the 'servants' ,that means Hyun Jae and I will be the 'servants', and that will never happen!" Daehyun declared.

"You'll see we shall not lose, or my name is not Kim Myungsoo. Hmm, but anyways, how will we know who finished going through everything in the carnival first?"

"Well, we could take pictures of everywhere we've been through with ourselves in the picture." J sunbae suggested.

" Hmm, that isn't a bad idea, but let's promise that if we cheat and just take a picture of ourselves in front of a ride, food stall or game booth without actually going in and riding, eating or playing the game, we'll automatically lose  the bet." Daehyun suggested.

"Hmm, alright let's do that, but let's make so that we only have to go through 3 food stalls instead of all of them, or else we'll run out of money to fast." I suggested

"Ok, those conditions sound good enough, everyone agree?" Myungsoo asked

"Yup!" Daehyun, J sunbae, and I cheered together.

"Leggo than" Myungsoo yelled

Cheesecake Stall

"Jung Daehyun if you don't hurry we'll lose the bet!"

"jaljsdajdaslj"

"Aigoo, how could you eat so much cheese cake?"

"jlaujlajsdf"

"Yeah, Daehyun come on let's go. And could you please stop talking with your mouth full?"

"Ani, jdsl one more piece djal please?"

"Jung Daehyun, we're gonna lose the bet, come on let's go this is your 17th piece of cheese cake, and we've only been through half of the carnival."

"Mian hae, sjdf but the cheese cake is calling my name. But, sljlds Hyun Jae-ah can't you see, this piece of cake is calling my name, it's telling me to eat it." Daehyun said while looking at me with puppy eyes, and pointing at the cheese cake. "Please, Hyun Jae-ah, please, just one more piece, please?" Daehyun pleaded while raising one finger up and pouting at me.

I sighed "Fine one more piece than we need to go." I said

"Yay! Kamsamnida, Hyun Jae, kamsamnida, you will forever be in my heart." Daehyun cheered while polishing off his cheese cake.

"Yeah, yeah, just hurry up so we don't lose the bet." I mumbled while blushing slightly.

"Nae, Hyun Jae-ah."

Beep...Beep...Beep

Phone Call

"Yeobosaeyo?"

"Yeobosaeyo~"

"Myungsoo, why are you calling?" I asked already having a bad feeling

"Hmm, don't you want to guess first?"

"You finished already didn't you?" I asked dejectedly

"Yup, do you want to meet up now, or do you want to meet up later?"

"Hmm, let's meet up now Myungsoo, we're at the cheesecake stall by the ferris wheel."

"Aigoo, Hyun Jae did Daehyun talk you into going there?"

"Yup, and now we're your 'servants' for a whole week" I sighed " But anyways when do you think you'll get here?"

"Hmm, we'll probably be there in a couple of minutes."

"Ok, annyeong than, Myungsoo~"

"Nae, annyeong Hyun Jae!"

End of Phone Call

"Daehyun-ah, guess what?~" I asked in an overly sweet voice.

"What?" Daehyun asked looking slightly nervous.

"Hmm, why do you sound so nervous Daehyun?" I asked still using that overly sweet voice

"Because over the years I've known you, it's never good when you use that kind of voice?" he said slightly unsure.

"Hmm, well because you decided to stop and eat 17 pieces of cheese cake we lost the bet, and we're now 'servants' to J sunbae and Myungsoo for a day, you cheese cake addict." I mumbled the last part

"Mianhae Hyun Jae-ah, please don't be mad. I'll give you a piece of cheese cake." Daehyun said sounding extremely innocent.

"You cheese cake addict." I mumbled "Oh, and Myungsoo and J sunbae are coming right now, so there probably going to pick their 'servants' for the day when they get here." I said a little louder this time

"Hmm, ok, wait there they are. Myungsoo, J over here!" Daehyun shouted while waving his arms and jumping around like a little kid, while holding onto his dear piece of cheese cake.

"Annyeong J sunbae, Myungsoo-ah" I said

"Annyeong Hyun Jae-ah, Daehyun" Myungsoo and J sunbae said

"Annyeong asfdk J, Myungsoo." Daehyun said, eating his cheese cake again

"Daehyun you shouldn't talk with your mouth full." I said and sighed "Anyways, Myungsoo, J sunbae are you guys going to pick your 'servants' now?" I asked

"Mhm" J sunbae said "Myungsoo do you want to go first, or should I go first?" J sunbae asked Myungsoo

"Hmm, you can go first if you want." Myungsoo said

"Ok than. Hmm, I'll go with Hyun Jae, if that's ok with you." J sunbae said directing the question to both Myungsoo and I.

"It's alright with me" Myungsoo said "I guess your with me than Daehyun." Myungsoo said while smiling mischievously

"Hmm, I'm ok with it, and besides I lost the bet so it's really up to you, who you want as your 'servant'." I said

"Alright than it's settled. Starting tomorrow you,Hyun Jae, and Daehyun shall be our servants for a whole week." Myungsoo said.

"Aigoo this next week is going to be a long week," I mumbled

Daehyun, who had finished his cheese cake, had apparently heard me, and mumbled to me "At least you have J, he won't go to hard on you, but I think Myungsoo's going to take advantage of my servitude," Daehyun said while turning his back on J sunbae and Myungsoo, so that they wouldn't see him fake sobbing.

I chuckled softly "See Daehyun, this is why I told you to stop eating your cheese cake when you where done with your second piece." I said amused but still slightly annoyed at Daehyun's love for cheese cake.

"Ani, but Hyun Jae-ah the cheese cake was calling for me. I couldn't just ignore my baby's call for me" Daehyun said looking at me with puppy dog eyes, which pleaded for understanding.

"Aigoo, you cheese cake addict," I mumbled but this time it seemed like he heard me because he looked at me, grinned, and said cheekily, "You know it Hyun Jae-ah."

Before I could say anything back to Daehyun. J sunbae asked "So what do you guys want to do now?" unknowingly, breaking Daehyun and I out of our hushed conversation.

Daehyun turned around to look at Myungsoo and J and said, "Why don't we just re-ride all of the rides again, but this time let's all go together." he suggested

We all nodded our agreement and headed back into the heart of the amusement park, while talking and laughing with each other.

 


ANNYEONG! ^_^ It's been what? 2 months.....? hehehe... 

mianhaeyo

So, I've decided that I won't delete this story because....I don't feel like it. :D heheheheh.... Anyway , I hope that you enjoyed this chapter by  Vhahaha

*semi- edited