Nightmare at Unit 914

Mr. Arrogant version 2.0

I don’t know how long I was sleeping already when I suddenly felt slamming on my right. My eyes whipped open, looked at my right side and found the reason for my abrupt awakening.

Heechul was mumbling very slurred speech, he’s sweating and his eyes are in a firm shut. His body is almost twitching and there’s a strong grimace on his scratched face. Holy! He’s having a nightmare!

 

I don’t know what to do but I immediately got closer to him, careful enough to avoid his rouge arms. I placed my hands on his chest and rubbed it slowly.

“Shush… Heechul. Wake up! Heechul.” As I spoke, my hand began to knead his chest faster.

He’s not waking up! His face is turning pale and sweat buds are dripping from his temple.

“Ahhh! Don’t touch me!!!” he said audibly.

My want to get him out of pain became stronger, more urgent. I got on my knees and in a swift; I was sitting in his lap, my lower limbs on his sides. I grabbed him by his both arms and shook him as hard as I can.

“Heechul! Wake up! Oh Jesus! Just please, wake up!” I screamed, almost crying.

God, I’m so scared! His pains, pains me too. I used my right palm to wipe off the sweat in his forehead.

Before I can pull out my hand from touching him, he jolted up to sit with eyes wide open and yelled “Let me go!!!”

I leaned back a little to see his face. He was still breathing heavily and I could see darkness and fear in his widened eyes. I took hold of his face with both of my hands, leveled my eyes with his but it seems that he can’t see me at all.

“Hey! Hey! It’s just a dream! I’m here.” I strongly told him.

There was silence that I could only hear both of us panting. He blinked a couple of times and he finally met my gaze. When he was sure that I was there and real, he wrapped me in his arms. I felt the erratic movement of his shoulders as he continued to pant. I hugged him in return and started patting his back.

“Shush. Calm down now. It was just a dream.” I said between my own gasps.

 

“Yanna, I saw…people, I can’t see their faces, and it was so blurry. And… and I… I was so scared. I don’t know why.” He’s now a little steadier.

I recognized, I was in an awkward position and I can swear I felt my ears burn. I pulled out from the hug and got off his lap.

“You, okay?” I searched for the answered in his face.

“Let me get some water.” I stood up and dashed to the kitchen.

 

When I got back to the room, he was still sitting in the bed.

“Here! Drink up!” I tossed a bottle in his lap. He chugged down the water and it’s as if the liquid has magical powers, Heechul’s face brightened up and he looked normal again.

“Thanks” he breathed.

“I’m taking you to your doctor tomorrow. No buts, were going. Period.” I waved my index finger at him. He just shrugged at my command.

 

I went back to bed and laid down on my left, this time I’m too exhausted for goodnights.

“Go back to sleep now, Heechul.” I uttered weakly.

The bed shifted a bit, “Yanna, do you think the people in my dream…” he trailed.

“Don’t think too much now, and just go to sleep.” I replied.

“I don’t think I would be able to sleep a wink. After what just happened?  I’m still not courageous enough to experience it again.” he plainly said.

A coward Heechul? Sounds very impossible. I shook my head in disbelief. The topic got my interest and threw away my sleep. I turned around to face him. He was lying on his back with the blanket covering him up until his abdomen.

“You know what, the Kim Heechul I knew, based on what I saw on TV, is everything! As in everything, but a coward. Kim Heechul before the accident might be arrogant and rude most of the time but he’s got his good sides too.” I smiled as I try to console him.

“I want to try, I just don’t think I can.” There was a long uncomfortable silence, as if pause was pressed from a remote control.

 

“Ah! My dad has a very effective way of putting me to sleep when I was kid.” I remembered.

“What is it?” he inquired.

“He sings to me.” I reminisced how my wonderful parent sang his songs.

“Like a lullaby?” he raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah!” I cheerfully nodded.

Can you sing?” he chuckled at the thought.

“I believe so.” I proudly answered.

“Ohhh…Come on! Let’s see!” he dared.

 

I cleared my throat and began to sing. I felt the insides of my neck vibrate as I chain words with melodies.

♪ From the moment I saw you

From the moment I looked into your eyes

There was something about you I knew, I knew

That you were once in a lifetime

A treasure near impossible to find

And I know how lucky I am to have you

 

Cause I've seen rainbows that could take your breath away

The beauty of the setting sun, on any given day

And when it comes to shooting stars I have seen a few

But I've never seen anything as beautiful as you ♪

 

While listening to my song, Heechul just laid there motionless, with his eyes close and a small smile on his face.  But I was interrupted when he suddenly s his hand around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I tried to shove him off but he just tightened his embrace.

“What the..” I mumbled in dismay.

“Hmm… Keep still… Just for a while… and… and please continue singing, you sound amazing. I like it.” He requested.

I was flabbergasted to the core. My insides are in a rumble. My ears felt like burning. I wonder if he can feel my heart thundering my chest. Not intimacy. No! What the hell is wrong with me? What the hell is wrong with this guy? Well, he’s Kim Heechul.

 

I don’t know the heat must have gotten in to my head; I resumed with my singing and finished the rest of the song. The idol indeed fell asleep. Holy! I was in awe. I sang him to sleep. I can’t figure what’s what anymore, but one thing I’m sure; I’m relieved that he’s not in pain anymore. In fact I was scared too, scared that he might experience the same thing when he sleeps. The feeling is too horrible to bear. With thoughts swarming in my brain, I fell in to a slumber with Heechul’s arms around me.

 

 


 

 

Daylight came. Heechul woke me up whining that he’s hungry. I wanted to throw the guy out the window! I regret taking him in at this very moment! Sweet Jesus!  I now miss the days when I sleep in.

“Aish! You’re so annoying! I’m giving you back to you manager!” I threatened him.

Lazily, I stood up and head for the washroom. He was still sulking at the corner of the sofa when I came back out.

“I’m taking you to your manager, so he can come along to the hospital. Don’t be such a kid. Doesn’t suit you at all!” I scolded. He once again sat on the swivel chair by the kitchen counter as he waited for the breakfast to be served.

 

This breakfast is totally different from what I had yesterday! Now I decided! I officially hate breakfast! I’m not sure if it’s just me or Heechul just became annoyingly silly. We prepped up after I gave the manager a call and told him I’m taking Heechul to his doctor. He agreed to meet at 1pm as some of the members have schedules and he needs to be there.

“Yah! What the hell are you wearing?! Don’t you think that’s a little too much? We’re just going to the Doctor! You will definitely attract attention!” I nagged.

“Well… I think it looks okay.” he counters.  He looks at the mirror and fixed the loose fishnet shirt that tops a tee.

“Take it off, you look…” I trailed. Well, it looked good on him.

“Remove that weird net and use this instead.” I threw a simple gray coat at him. He pouted and obeyed.

 

It was just 12:30pm when the manager rang the door bell.

“You’re early!” I complimented.

“We finished the schedule earlier.” The manager entered the living.  I admire how managers are able to organize and control these celebrities. It must really hectic. Most especially, he takes care of more than few. Overseas or not, it must be a huge pain in the . Overseas. Kibum! I suddenly thought of my nearly non-existent boyfriend.

I took the opportunity and asked the manager, “Uhmm… the members are all currently in the country, right? How come I don’t see all of them?” I sidetracked.

“Yup! Well…except for Siwon and Kibum, they’re filming a drama overseas.” He replied.

“Ohhh…but they do know Heechul’s condition.” I followed up.

“Of course they do. They just can’t break off from the filming so easily, it just started.” He said it as a matter of fact.

“Owww… Okay! I bet they’re worried.” I filled in. He just nodded in agreement.

“Shall we?” Heechul emerged from the bedroom.

“You look better” the manager complimented him.

“Thanks!” Heechul said. If he’d seen him last night, he wouldn’t be able to say so.

 

 

 


 

 

The trip to the hospital wasn’t too long. We went in like normal persons. I kinda expected paparazzi and reporters. That would have been chaotic, good thing nobody notices Heechul’s disappearance yet. I wonder how the agency dealt with the remainders.

 

“I had a frightening dream last night. I was so scared. If not for Yanna…” Heechul rant before the Doctor.

“Maybe it has something to do with how I ended up being so beat up.” He continued.

“We cannot know for sure. You’ve got to remember those in your own pacing.” The doctor explained.

“Uhmm.. what are we gonna do if these nightmares persists?” I inquired.

“Well, we can just take some measures. Avoid caffeine, don’t get stressed too much and relax before going to sleep. My patients usually use music to relax before going to sleep.” The doctor suggested.

I saw Heechul snap his head to look at me and grinned. I smiled in return. There, again, another non verbal communication. This is becoming really natural now. It’s like we have this thing that only the two of us have and understand. I don’t like it. I’m not really sure if I do. I don’t know!!!

 

“In general, he’s physically okay! He just needs to continue his daily activities normally. Let’s not dive into going back to work yet. Okay?” he broke me from my daze.

“No work yet…” I eyed the manager and he sighed.

“See? Yanna! I’m okay!” he boasts.

“That’s good!” I gave him a small smile. The three of us left the office and went back to the van with the driver waiting for us. The manager took the passenger seat while Heechul and I stayed at the backseat.

 

 

 


 

 

We passed by the streets quietly until the manager broke off the silence.

“You have articles now! Tsk, who did this!?” I heard the manager say while holding onto his Ipad.

“Wait… What? Articles? Meaning…? Scandals?” I confusingly asked.

“Not a scandal really, just articles. Rumors to be specific.” He elaborated.

“How can that be possible? He was just away for 5 days! And there are rumors already?” I don’t know why I’m agitated, but I felt protective. I cringed at the idea but what can I do when my mouth has its own brain.

“This is how they roll, Yanna. All of them are used to this already. Random rumors are as usual as oxygen to most of them.” He uttered.

I don’t think I can ever be a celebrity. Let’s set aside the looks and talent, but if, that’s an if, I was a celebrity I don’t think I can’t breathe on rumors and scandals. Being on the spotlight is one hell of a job, I say.

 

We were dropped off at the entrance again. Before we make it to the building, Heechul suggested,

“Do you wanna go for a walk? I want some ice cream.” Looking at his puppy eyes, I cannot bring myself to reject. I laughed and so we went on for a walk.

 

 


Author says:

I like this update. I dont know why.

Music inspired me, so I made Yanna sing.

The song is called "Beautiful as you" by All 4 One.

It's a very very nice song. Listen!

 

I will consistently thank my Subscribers and Commenters.

Few are you but still. You are my treasures! :D

I will always love to know how you feel about the updates and all!

Be back tomorrow!

 

Keep safe! ♥