Expect the unexpected

Love On The Fast Lane

 

Please read until the bottom of the page, I have a mini favor to ask from you all. But first, enjoy this chapter.

 

Imagine it is a Sunday morning, remembering the damn good feeling that you have every right to be lazy today. Your too-good-to-be-true boyfriend still comfortably lying down. You were just starting to cook breakfast when you see him stirring in the bed, you just had to smile at the cuteness. You take a quick and supposedly secret picture but then he turns at the noise of the shutter your phone made and smiles sleepily at you. He rushes out of the bed to envelopes you in a bear hug, your bodies swaying from side to side, not wanting to let go of the warmth wrapped around you.

 

‘Why can I be that girl?’ Shin-ae lets out a dreamy sigh after reading a one-shot story from a fanfiction website.

“You’ve been quiet.” Donghae noted mid-way through the drive back to Shin-ae’s home.

“Just reading something about being in-love.” Shin-ae let out another sigh before putting her phone back in her bag.

“You’re such a chick. Tell me something, what’s your ideal type? And don’t say it’s Lee Jonghyun or the world will end.”
“What if I say it’s you? You’d like that wouldn’t you.” Shin-ae insinuated.
“I’d tell you to change it because you’ll just be crushed.” Donghae turned his head to look at Shin-ae for a few seconds before continuing. “By the way, this will be the last time you’ll be riding this baby. I got my motor back earlier so we’ll use that again by tomorrow.”

“Well I did kind of miss the thrill and the wind in my hair.” Shin-ae had fond memories of his vespa and didn’t mind riding it again.

“You mean you miss your arms around me.” Donghae smirked at her.

Shin-ae scoffed before shaking her head from side to side, showing disagreement. “The world doesn’t always revolve around you Mr. Lee.” Shin-ae said before the car stopped right at her house.

Donghae waited for Shin-ae to reach her doorstep when suddenly she slipped, falling flat on her .

Shin-ae hissed and shut her eyes because of the sting and embarrassment. Despite the light rain shower, Donghae didn’t think twice in hopping out of his car and jogged towards the ‘damsel in distress’.

“Are you okay?” Donghae asked, concern etched in his face.

“I can be better. I should’ve expected this to happen though, I often slide here whenever it rains or when it gets wet.” Shin-ae answered, referring to the flooring of their porch. Shin-ae got back on her feet with a little help from Donghae.

 

The next day Shin-ae noticed a chic looking a rug at the entrance of their house. She tilted her head and wondered how that suddenly ended up there, that wasn’t their last night. Well, at least now she’s safe from slipping again.

She continued to stare at it for a bit before looking over her shoulder, “I like the new mat.” She concluded that maybe her parents were the ones who finally did something, since they know about the problem too.

“What mat is she talking about?” Mrs. Shim asked her husband in which he replied with a clueless look.

Shin-ae smiled and waved at the man waiting for her across the street.

When has riding on a motorcycle, specifically sitting behind a certain man named Lee Donghae something she looked forward to? Was it because it became a daily routine, already? Out of habit perhaps?

“I missed this.”  Shin-ae patted the back of the vespa before hopping on it. “But I don’t miss the way you drive this. Maybe that’s why it got broken before.”

 

After a few minutes, the two finally arrived at the coffee shop. Shin-ae took her helmet off to quickly fix her hair.
“Why are you getting down?” Shin-ae asked when she saw Donghae turn off the engine.

“Eunhyuk wanted to meet up here for brunch.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, something about trying out the poison that you’re addicted to. OWW!!” Shin-ae jabbed him on the ribs upon hearing his remark.

“I should really invest on my own vespa so that I won’t rely on you anymore and hear any of your complaints. A pink or white one would be nice.” Shin-ae thought out loud before leaving Donghae out in the lot.

Shin-ae walked in the café first and went straight to Jonghyun’s office. She knocked on the door twice and waited for his permission before opening the door.

“Oh. Good morning Ms. Shim.” Jonghyun addressed her pleasantly.

“Good morning. I know I said that I’m not going to bring our personal ‘dating’ lives in our workplace but I just have to say this now. I’m so so sorry about yesterday. I’ll make it up to you.”  Shin-ae couldn’t help but apologize to Jonghyun right away. She never wanted to ditch him but it just so happens she was in a situation she couldn’t get out off. At the back of her mind, she’s guilty of being glad with yesterday’s decision.

“Don’t worry, apology accepted but I will take you up on that offer soon.” Jonghyun showed no hard feelings, and instead he gave her a charming smile, one that is perfect to start the day with.

 

Before starting her shift, Shin-ae sat down with the Lee’s to catch up with Eunhyuk while Donghae pretended not to be interested.

“So, I’ll pick you up later at 8.” Donghae asked to confirm before standing up from his seat.

“Wow, you sound like her boyfriend.” Eunhyuk teased, which resulted to him being hit by both Shin-ae and Donghae.

“Wow, our princess Shin-ae is really surrounded by gorgeous men. You’ve not only enchanted our boss, but those two guests as well. What’s your secret?” Chae-won started to tease the youngest right after the two men left.

“Unnie, Eunhyuk’s single. I can give you his number if you like.” Shin-ae winked to back.

“How about Donghae?” She asked with enthusiasm.

“Uhm…you’re interested with him?” She asked, slightly startled.

“You’re so obvious Shin-ae. He’s the one you like, isn’t he?” Chae-won now had an amused expression on her face.

“I…I’ll give you his number if you like. I was just surprised that you’d pick him when Eunhyuk has a much better personality, trust me.” Shin-ae replied to cover up for her earlier reaction.

 

 

Donghae arrived on the dot. Shin-ae dragged Chae Won out of the café to introduce her to Donghae, to prove two points...one, that she doesn’t intend to keep him for herself, and two, to show her that Donghae only has good looks with a y personality.

“Hi, nice to meet you.” Donghae smiled at Chae-won and extended his arm to shake her hand. A total opposite on how he greeted her during their first meeting.

“Oh My God, don’t fall for that. It’s either he’s acting fake or he’s bipolar.” Shin-ae whispered to Chae Won who’s already blushing.

“I have to get back to work now. Drive safely.” Chae Won bid them goodbye and reluctantly moved her feet to walk back inside the café.

“Have a good night.” Donghae continued to show off his hidden charms that annoyed the hell out of Shin-ae.

From being a ‘flower boy’ a minute ago, Donghae now returned to his ‘usual’ image, the one that he shows only to Shin-ae.

 

Donghae and Shin-ae just left the café en route to her house when he suddenly felt something…wrong. He couldn’t put his finger on it but his instincts were just alerting him that not all is right.

“Shin-ae can you get my helmet off, I feel stuffy with it.” Donghae told Shin-ae once they halted at the first stop light.

Shin-ae did what Donghae requested her to do. She held on to his helmet since she was wearing her own helmet as well. But suddenly Shin-ae’s grip on the helmet loosened, letting it fall on the ground while they were moving.

“Donghae, stop. I just dropped your helmet.” Shin-ae quickly informed Donghae.

“Don’t worry about it, it’s an old one anyway. I’ll just get a new one tomorrow.” Donghae quickly dismissed it and continued to drive.

For some reason, Shin-ae’s heartbeat started accelerating. She made a spilt second decision to remove her helmet and put it over Donghae’s head. She acted so quickly that he didn’t even have time to complain and then it happened…the accident they didn’t think would occur.

Everything happened so fast. Bright lights blinded their sights and soon enough everything went black.


 

Short but intense, right? 

 

As I mentioned earlier, I have a small request to ask from you guys.

I hope you can click this link to visit my latest blog post to read what's it about. I'd really appreciate it <3