Epilogue

Love On The Fast Lane

Shin-ae finally got the urge to roll out of bed when her phone rang, alerting her of an incoming video call from her boyfriend.

"Good morning." She greeted first with a sweet smile.

“I was doing just fine but then I thought of you today.” Donghae’s voice sounded smooth like velvet. He would definitely make any girl swoon and melt just by his voice alone.

“You really can’t just simply say that you missed me?” Shin-ae answered back with a hint of teasing in her voice. Donghae always had to make things sound cooler and more charming…and it always worked on her.

“I’m outside your house.” He told her out of the blue then pointing his camera to the front of her house.

“What?! I’m still in my pajamas, why didn’t you tell me you were going to come?” Shin-ae scrambled to get up and went straight to her closet to pick out some clothes.

“Surprise?” He had the smoldering look on his face. How can you to resist that face? You just simply can’t.

“Give me fifteen minutes.” She rushed to the bathroom to make herself look decent and presentable. She wouldn’t want her boyfriend to be turned off when they haven’t even reached 100 days yet, right?

 

Donghae waved at Shin-ae as soon as he saw her step out of her house.

“I have something for you.” Donghae announced with a grin on his face, obviously proud of what he came up with for his woman.

“I have nothing to give you though.” Shin-ae looked guilty but then looked inside her bag and fished something out.

“What am I? A kid?” Donghae raised his eyebrow at her, an amused expression painted his face when his girlfriend handed him a lollipop.

She pressed her lips together in a thin line and then retracted her hand, taking back her offer but Donghae’s hand moved fast enough and he gets the lollipop from her anyway. He quickly removed the wrapper and put the lollipop in between his lips. He stuck his tongue out at her as he tasted the sweet treat, making Shin-ae roll her eyes at his childish yet cute action.

 

“Oh my gosh! It’s soooo cute!” Shin-ae squealed in excitement as her eyes landed on the pink Vespa. “Is this for me?!” She asked with her eyes wide open, like a child who just opened her first Christmas gift.

“Well I only rented that for now. We can get you one in the future, that’s if your parents allow us to.” Donghae chuckled as he took a photo of Shin-ae’s reaction. “Check the basket in front.” Donghae added, urging her to go near the scooter.

Shin-ae skipped eagerly towards it and found the additional surprise that Donghae prepared. “Awww…it’s pretty.” Shin-ae got the flower headband and looked at the accessory closely.

Donghae walked closer to her and took the flower headband from her and gently placed it on top of her her hair. “I made this from scratch.”

“Who knew that the brooding cool Donghae was a real sweetheart deep inside? Really unconventional Mr. Lee, giving a bouquet of flowers isn’t enough for your, huh?” Shin-ae got on her toes and kissed Donghae on the cheek. “Thank you. I really like it. Now will you give me the keys?” She fluttered her eyes at him, an attempt at acting cute.

“You’re too excited. Now I’m having second thoughts. Are you going to drive this like how you drive your car?” Donghae suddenly looked pensive as he tilted his head and narrowed his eyes at her. Honestly Donghae is a bit scared with Shin-ae’s driving skills because she’s an aggressive and fast driver. Just like Shin-ae’s first impression of Donghae during their first encounter when he, in her opinion, drove like he was a part of the cast of the fast and the furious. No wonder why her parents suspended her from driving, which worked to his advantage, because it made their paths cross. Destiny really played with them.

“Aren’t you scared to ride a motorbike again?” Donghae asked seriously, referring to their accident. They actually haven’t ridden his Vespa together ever since the incident, they always went to places with their cars.

She shook her head and smiled at him sincerely before putting her hand out. Donghae thought that she was asking for his hand but then she muttered “Nice try. Keys.”

Donghae came closer and brushed his lips against hers and then handed the keys to the scooter.

“Now you got a kiss and the keys.”

Shin-ae jokingly let out a scoff because of Donghae’s cheesy antics. He always makes her blush and feel mushy. She then hopped on the pink vespa and started the engine. The sound of it coming to life put a big smile on her face.

Donghae gently removed the flower headband to replace it with a pink helmet. He has learned his lesson the worst way so he always makes sure that he has two helmets, sometimes even adding a small helmet for extra just in case.

Donghae rode on the back and offered to hold Shin-ae’s bag for her while she drives.

“Is it okay for you? What if people stare?” Shin-ae thought about it because she knows some guys actually don’t like to hold their girlfriend’s purse.

“Who cares what people think?” Donghae shrugged and got Shin-ae bag from her so that she could drive properly.

“Wow. So cool.” She put her thumbs up in commendation of Donghae’s carefree attitude. Yet again she gets swooned.

“Okay so let’s start with your driving lessons.” Donghae started teaching Shin-ae on how to operate the scooter. They went throught the controls a few times just to make sure Shin-ae memorized and understood each part before they actually started moving. They practiced her driving skills just near her house just to be safe. Donghae was very cautious and alert of their surrounding at the same time Shin-ae drove carefully, good thing there weren’t a lot of cars passing. She was able to drive smoothly with just some minor errors when they go through the humps on the road. She still has to master the art of braking in time.

All the while, Donghae monitored and guided her with his arms wrapped around her waist.

“I think this is just one of your schemes to initiate more skinship.” Shin-ae narrowed her eyes at Donghae through the side mirror.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” He smirks, thoroughly the position they’re in, enjoying hugging her from behind.

 

Donghae asked Shin-ae to drive towards the soccer field where he will teach in half an hour, and that included seeing her nephew.

“Nice job for a beginner.” Donghae complimented his girlfriend. “I think I like this experience more than when you drive your car.” The two went down the scooter after Shin-ae parked it near the field.

“Donghae oppa!” Someone suddenly shouted from the side. The couple turned their heads and saw a girl walking towards them, apparently she knows Donghae.

The girl acted and talked with ‘aegyo’ the whole time. Shin-ae had to control her self not to let out a scoff or roll her eyes at the girl’s overloaded cuteness act.

“It seems like you know every attractive girl in town.” Shin-ae voiced out right after the girl left. “Did you date here too?”

“Are you jealous again?” Donghae put his arms around her waist, but this time facing her.

“Can you give me an estimate as to how many more girls we’ll encounter? I feel like eighty percent of the women of Seoul know you and not just as a friend. Did you also seduce them with your bad boy attitude? Or maybe took them on sweet rides in your scooter too?” She had her arms crossed against her chest.

Donghae sighed before removing his arms from her waist and placing them on the side of her face so that she won't shy away from him. He doesn't want her to look away in the middle of what he's going to say because he needs her to take every word into heart.

“There is nothing to worry about my love. I only have eyes for you. Unlike what you think, they are simply acquaintances because of the multiple part-time jobs I got in the past. In your case, I only had one guy to be jealous off but I honestly always felt threatened by him. I felt like Jonghyun was always steps ahead of me in making you fall for him with his dashing and very gentleman ways. I mean, he’s not the one who got you hospitalized and he was the first one to date you. Listen to me okay, you are the only one for me. Even Nana has nothing on you. I’ve never fallen so hard for anyone and there’s no way that my feelings would waver. No one has ever ridden with me nor did I have to make such an effort to put up with an image that I thought was cool…meaning I really worked hard to try to get to you, even though I used the wrong tactic.” Donghae stated every word clear for her to hear and understand.

“And you succeeded.”

“With much difficulty, mainly because of my stupidity. Honestly, there are still days that I compare myself to Jonghyun, unable to imagine what made you choose me over him. Why me?”

“Because you’re you…and I love you.” It was Shin-ae’s turn to reassure her of her feelings and she has already forgotten what even caused for them to become so serious in a short amount of time.

“I love you too…much more.” Donghae rested his forehead against hers and took a deep breath, reminding himself of the reality that he is with the girl of his dreams. He realized how lucky he is to be with such a wonderful girl, just like how she feels towards him.

 

Shin-ae sat on the bleachers while Donghae laid down on it, his head on her lap as they waited for his students to show up.

“I can’t wait to watch my favorite nephew and my boyfriend play soccer again. I like seeing you work so passionately.” Shin-ae said as she ran her hand through Donghae’s hair.

“One of these days I’ll take you to my singing gig or maybe take you to an open mic night so I can sing my heart out too.” Donghae smiled at her.

“Oh yeah, I remembered the time we were at a karaoke place with my family. You really have a great voice. Which reminds me, my parents want to have dinner with you one of these days. You know they were actually rooting for Jonghyun for me in the beggining, when we were yet not in good terms..” She studied the way the look on his face changed when she mentioned Jonghyun's name.

“Really?!” Donghae sat up with an anxious expression on his face. “So they don’t like me?”

“They like you. It’s just that they were looking at it from a different perspective at that time. They already loved you before we even met because of how nice you treat Hyunwoo. Don’t worry.”

“That Jonghyun, he really is my rival. Oh well, I just have to make sure they love me just as much as you do.” Donghae had a determined look on his face. Guess it’s time to win over his future in-law’s hearts.


What do you girls think? Hope you enjoyed the (first??) epilogue. Sorry for the errors, was writing and proofreading this while multitasking.

Who knows, maybe a special chapter in the future with her parents? ;)