Love Like Coffee

Love On The Fast Lane

“You have a visitor.” Bora lightly nudged Shin-ae on the side to get her attention. Bora then tilted her head to the direction of the door where Donghae could be seen. Eunhyuk winked at the two of them as he walked towards the counter to order and left his friend outside.

“How do you know he’s here for me and not to dine, you know like a regular customer?” Shin-ae replied, shaking off whatever idea she had in mind.

“First of all, he’s never been just a ‘regular’ customer. And second, I saw him and the boss talking.” Bora just proved to her friend how gossip goes around their work place.

“So? That can mean anything.” Shin-ae replied nonchalantly. Although deep inside she was mad curious as to what Donghae and Jonghyun could have talked about when they’re not really that chummy to each other. Did they confront each other about something or actually talked like grown up men should?

“Shin-ae, I’m giving you a break. Someone’s out to see you.” Jonghyun called out to her, making Bora smirk in satisfaction.

“I told you so.” Bora mouthed as she friend.

The coffee shop wasn’t full anyway because it’s still the off-peak hours so Jonghyun had no problem letting Shin-ae go. Besides, his little talk with Donghae made him feel more at ease now in passing her in his care. He was surprised when Donghae actually approached him to talk, to clear some things between them, saying something along the lines of making amends so that Shin-ae would feel comfortable with the three of them being in the same room. Besides, it seems like they’re on the same team in protecting Shin-ae from Nana’s wrath. There’s so much more than just hating someone, the stress isn’t worth it anymore so it’s much better to just live in peace, be civil and actually try to be friends.

 

 

Shin-ae removed her apron and placed it under the counter before making her way out. It’s not that she was eager to talk to Donghae, it’s just that the sooner she talks to him the faster she can go back to work. But does it also mean that it would make it faster for her to take him off from her mind?

“You wanted to see me?” Shin-ae asked to confirm as soon as she stepped out of the coffee shop.

“Yeah.” Donghae placed his hands in his pocket as he looked at her.

“Why?” Curiosity consumed her.

“That's a good question...” Donghae kept shifting his gaze as he tries to connect his words with his thoughts so that he won’t say the wrong things. One minute he’s looking into her eyes and the next he’s looking at their surroundings or down his feet.

“Are you two going to stand and stare at each other until you fall in love?” Jonghyun joked as he helped open the door for an elderly couple.

“I have to get back inside soon.” Shin-ae said even though she wasn’t needed. “You look like you’re ready for a date. Are you just here to waste some time?”

“I’m not going out with Eun Seo again. I came here for you.”

“Why?” She asked again.

“This, this is embarrassing and I feel like dying but since I already brought it up...I should finish what I started, right?” Donghae stammered before taking a deep breath.

“I don’t understand.” She was confused by his words.

After an awkward pause, Donghae finally reached out for her hands and held it in between their bodies. That move alone can be interpreted as him showing romantic interest but Shin-ae knew better than to assume, she didn’t want to get her hopes up under false pretense again.

“I don’t want to be your friend anymore.” Donghae's statement surprised Shin-ae, making her react with widening her eyes open. She slowly pulled her arms away but Donghae didn’t let her.

“I mean, I don’t want to be just your friend.” Donghae rephrased, emphasizing on the word ‘just.’

“I don’t want to date anyone else but you. I don’t want to hear you date other guys as well. I like you so much, and that's even an understatement. I'm falling for you and it’s getting worse. I know I need to make up for many of my stupid mistakes before you even consider me to be a potential boyfriend but I really really want you to be my girlfriend. I don’t want those conversations about us having double meanings be just like a joke, I want everything to be real. I want you to be officially in my world because God knows how long you have been running in my mind. I want to show off how great you are. I want to take care of you. I want to be the one to bring you to work and back to your home and not because you pay me. I want to bring you to places you’ve never been to, no matter how slow we go I know we can enjoy every minute of the ride together. I want to hold your hand for countless of hours. I want to kiss you so bad…and I need to be your boyfriend to be able to do all that.” Donghae finally let out everything in his chest. He was breathless after he said everything and the same goes for Shin-ae, his confession took her breath away. She did not expect that at all. He caressed her hands as he waited anxiously for her to say anything before he remembered something.

“Oh shoot, I forgot the flowers I bought for you.” Donghae turned to get the bouquet from his car but Shin-ae pulled him, putting his focus back on her.

“Remember when you asked me if I was going to sue you?” Shin-ae suddenly brought up.

“A memory I wish I can forget but yeah. Why are we talking about one of my worst moments now?” Donghae asked utterly confused. If she remembers that, then does that mean she hasn’t forgiven him yet?

“Well it’s just now that I decided that I’m going to report you.” She stated with a blank expression on her face. Oh God, it was so hard for Shin-ae to keep a poker face on.

“What?!” Donghae asked shocked. Out of all the times, she chose this moment to tell him this?! That's a much more cruel rejection than just by saying 'No'.

“I’m going to report you…as my boyfriend.” She broke out into a smile.

Donghae let out a breath he didn’t even know he was holding before pulling Shine-ae close. “That’s such a bad joke. You scared me.” He wrapped his arms around her and shamelessly hugged her in public. Shin-ae blushed but returned the embrace, enjoying the warmth in his hold. She’s always dreamed of this kind of moment.

Donghae felt Shin-ae shiver so he pulled away and only noticed now how short her skirt was…well for him anyway.

“Why are you wearing such a short skirt in this cold weather?” He questioned and scolded her just like how a protective boyfriend would.

“First of all this isn’t too short, I wouldn’t be able to work if it was. Second, you don’t know fashion. I have to wear this style to make me look taller.” Shin-ae defended her choice of clothing.

“Well I don't think you’re short, you are just the right height for me.” Donghae answered back before unconsciously glancing down her lips. “Our heights complement each other, perfect distance….” He whispered before leaning in an attempt to kiss her. He moved a bit slowly, careful in assessing her reaction just in case she may think that he’s going too fast. Thankfully Shin-ae didn’t move away, instead she closed her eyes in anticipation of feeling his lips. His lips, one of his features that she thought about once or twice before…okay well maybe more than that.

“You taste like coffee.” Donghae smiled after they broke off their first heart-racing kiss as a couple. 'Oh God that felt so good.'

“I thought you said you hated coffee? Saying something like it was some sort of poison or something.” Shin-ae reminded him of the time he mocked her work and the drinks she loves.

“Well, it’s sweet coming from you. I get why you’re addicted to it. It’s my favorite from now on." He kissed her again but Shin-ae pulled back after a few seconds.

"Your lips are warm like coffee." This time it was Shin-ae who compared the feel of his lips to the drink.

"Then I won’t have complaints about it anymore.” Donghae smirked before closing the gap between them, indulging in another kiss.

The cold winter wind that brushed their skin didn’t bother them as they lost themselves in a heartwarming sweet reverie.

“Well we progressed quickly.” Shin-ae was flushed by the time their lips separated for the nth time.

“You call us being from bickering strangers to getting to this point fast?” Donghae raised his eyebrow at her, finding her thinking a bit weird.

“No, what I meant was, we became a cheesy couple right after we officially became together.” She mumbled some of the words, a bashful smile on her face as realization hit that they really are together as lovers and not frenemies anymore.

“Come to think of it our relationship is like coffee, we had our bitter and sweet moments.” Donghae thought out loud with a grin on his face. “Can my beautiful girlfriend leave work now so we can go out on our first proper date?”

“I just can’t skip work. I don’t want to inconvenience my co-workers and especially my boss.” She pouted at him because the idea was so tempting.

“Eh, it’s just Jonghyun, I can deal with him.” Donghae shrugged while Shin-ae playfully hit him.

“Again with the hitting.” Donghae whined and then pecked Shin-ae on the lips.

“Again with the kissing.” She imitated him. “I only have two hours left in my shift then you can sweep me off my feet again right after. Tell you what, you can stay and I’ll treat you to my favorite drinks and pastries. You can be my VIP client today.”

“Just as long as I’m the only very important guy in your life.” He whispered before softly rubbing his nose against her rosy cheek.

“Well my dad is on another whole level compared to you.” She before tugging on his arm and leading him towards the café.

"Finally!" Jonghyun, Eunhyuk and the rest of Shin-ae's colleagues all said at the same time once the couple entered the coffee shop..

"You all knew?" Shin-ae asked, startled with everyone's reaction.

"I think we all figured it out way before you two came to terms with your feelings." Eunhyuk congratulated the two before pulling a chair for his friend to sit beside him.

The couple spent their first day in bliss even though they kept being teased by their peers. They didn't mind because it seemed like everything became better and nothing short of wonderful. Nothing could ruin the love and enjoyment they felt. 

Who knew that their first unpleasant encounter would lead them to this magical moment? 

The ride to romance may have been bumpy, but the journey to love and happiness is all worth it.


 

Mid-week final update. So fluffy!!! <3 

Hope you all enjoyed this ending, and hopefully you found it sweet & cheesy enough.

Now off to resume with my Jaejoong story, which I honestly am suffering a writers block from :|

I'm actually thinking of who to feature in my next story. I've gotten into BAP recently and been reading stories about them around here, so anyone intersted with a BAP story from me? ;) Let me know in the comments section below. You can also leave other suggestions (like who you want or what kind of story) and I'll take them into consideration.

Thank you so much for reading this story! 

Much love ♥♥♥