Hangout

When She Was A Girl

Minjun was the first one to break the hug. He beamed at Amber and messed her hair.

"It's good to have you here now Amy." he said affectionately. Then he turned to look at his friends.  "Since everyone's here already, I think it's best to have our bonding right? Besides, we haven't done this for a while now." 

The rest of the group nodded at him. Torrey broke her hug from Amber and slid her arm across hers. "Did you eat already Am--y?"
"Er, yeah. Taeyeon and I ate that isaw over there." she pointed at the faraway food stalls and smiled at her. "That was the best street food I've ever tasted."

*You used to love it back then too. Some things never change.* Torrey thought. She smiled at Amber and pulled her towards Taec.
"Did you meet Taec already?" she asked.

Amber looked at Taec warily and nodded. "Mm-hmm. I met him last week."
"OY!" A loud shout from Minjun came. He was waving at them for faraway. "I thought we're hanging out? Let's go!" he called.

Torrey laughed and she tugged Amber with her, Chance on their heels. Wooyoung, Nichkhun and followed, but Taec and Taeyeon remained behind. 

"Hey? Aren't you coming?" Taec asked.

Taeyeon gave him a small smile. "I'm not sure if it's okay with them..." she said uncertainly.
"Of course it is. Let's go." he pulled Taeyeon with him and followed their friends. Minjun was leading the way just like the oldest brother must be. 
"Where do you guys want to go?" he asked everyone.
"Definitely not the mall." Nichkhun immediately said. He cast a cautious eye in his girlfriend who frowned at him in return. Wooyoung and Junho nodded in agreement fervently.
"Okay, so where now?"

Suddenly, a bright idea popped into Taec's mind. He grinned inwardly and looked sideways at Amber.

"How about an amusement park? EK for instance?" he suggested.

Wooyoung's face brightened. "That's perfect! Oh let's go to EK please please pleeeasseeee." he pleaded just like a child.

Chance frowned at Taec suspiciously. He moved closer to Amber and hold her other hand. Amber looked up at him and smiled. She squeezed his hand softly and winked. "Scared of heights aren't you Chance?"
"Of course I'm not." he winked back.

Taec growled at Chance and Amber's interaction. He was determined to make Amber remember him, and he will do it right now.

"Are we going to stand here all day? Let's go!" he said impatiently, moving towards his car. Taeyeon walked beside him and together the entered Betty. 
"See ya in.. uhh.. 2 hours!" Nichkhun waved and pulled Torrey with him. They walked towards Nichkhun's car and drove too.
"We're off now. 'kay?" Minjun waved at them and he, Wooyoung and Junho entered his car. "These two dorks were lazy enough to drive their own cars." he explained at Chance.

Finally, Chance and Amber were the only ones left. Amber looked around the Grand Park and smiled.

"This place is really familiar to me Chance." she said. Her eyes stayed on the park bench and frowned. "I'm not sure why though.."

But Chance knew why.

"We'll go back here if you want to." he offered. "But right now, let's follow our friends. They drive like crazy, you know. I'm sure they'll be in EK for less than 2 hours." he chuckled and opened the passenger's door for her. "Get in now m'lady." He bowed corteously at her. Amber giggled as she entered the car.

Chance turned the player on. [Now playing: SS501- Let me be the one]

"LET ME BE THE ONE, the only one for you. I want it to be me (LET ME BE THE ONE)
LET ME BE THE ONE, the entire day, I only think of you (OH LOVE)
LET ME BE THE ONE, I’ll promise you, that I’ll live for you (LET ME BE THE ONE)
LET ME BE THE ONE, for eternity, I’ll love only you (OH LOVE) *"

Chance smiled. He loved this song - it was the perfect song for Amber. He remembered that night two years ago, when he danced with Amber under the bonfire... sniffing her hair, embracing her with the fullest love he can give.... wishing that she was his.....

"Hey, are you dreaming? Watch out we might crash because of that idiot." Amber said out of nowhere.

Chance snapped out of his thoughts and glanced briefly at Amber.

"Sorry about that." he said, chuckling.
"What are you thinking by the way?"

Chance hummed while the song played.

"I love this song. Don't you?"

Amber put her finger under her chin and listened to the song too.

"Hmm... Yeah, I do. It seems like the singers longed for someone they love." 

*Exactly*

They drove for two hours, all the way to Laguna. Finally, they arrived in front of EK, the largest and most popular amusement park in the country.

"Have you been here before Chance?" Amber asked. Chance parked at the nearest space from the entrance gate and turned the car engine off.
"Yes. My parents and I will come here every month, just for a family bonding. But that was years ago.. now everyone's busy with our own business." he replied. He went outside the car first and opened the door for Amber. She looked around from the vast parking space to the colorful and welcoming magical amusement park. A cartoonized grinning wizard beamed down at her.
"I think I'll enjoy this day." she said excitedly.

A car parked beside them and Taec with Taeyeon went outside the car.

"Almost at the same time huh?" Taec commented.
"We're two minutes earlier." Chance said.
"Huh." 
"OI!!!" 

Wooyoung was waving at them. He, and the rest of the gang was waiting outside the entrance gate already. The four of them walked towards their friends and grinned.

"Since when have you been here?" Chance asked.
"Since less than and hour and a half." Minjun answered cockily. "I beat Nichkhun on our race."
"And I thought I'll die of heart attack. Seriously." Torrey muttered. "This man drove like a maniac." she gave Nichkhun a reproving look. "I don't want that to happen again, you understand?"

Nichkhun kept a straight face and nodded. He was trying hard not to laugh. "Sorry babe."
"Baaah! Can't we just get in?" Taec interjected.

Nichkhun shook his head and muttered, "Always the impatient man"
"I heard that!" Taec called.
"I'm starving. Can we eat first?" Wooyoung asked everyone.
"Good idea."

So the nine of them went inside the food court, choosing the largest table for them. Taeyeon sat beside Taec, who sat beside Amber, who sat beside Chance. On the other side sat Torrey, Nichkhun, Wooyoung, Junho and Minjun.

"Why are we cramped in this side?" Minjun complained.
"You can eat on the loner table over there if you want to" Nichkhun said slyly.

Minjun scowled and stood up. "I'll get your orders."
"I'll come with you." Junho presented.

While they wait for their food, Taec looked sideways at Amber. He had never been this close to her like this again. He stared at her eyes, her nose.. her lips. His head was swimming with memories they shared together, although most of it was bad because he was mean at her before. He even remembered that time when he found himself in front of Amber and he burned in humiliation because of that...

Yeah.....

Taec grinned. *Will she be able to remember me... if......?*

He looked down his pants and gulped.

*I'll take all my chances. Just remember me again Amber.*

He felt really stupid at the thought, but desperate at the same time. Slowly, he reached for his pants' zipper and quietly but surely... slid the zipper down.. down and down...

"Hey what are you doing?" Amber asked suddenly.

Taec immediately pulled the zipper upwards again from shock.

"It's - OW!!!!" he yelped in pain.
"What happened?" Everyone asked him.
"It's.... it's stuck..." he muttered furiously.
"Huh? Stuck?" Amber managed to hear him and asked loudly. "What's stuck?"
"The... argggh!" he stood from his seat and ran toward the men's rest room. Luckily, there was no one inside so peered at his buddy between his zipper.
"Taec?" Wooyoung went inside the room and looked at him. "Oh." he said in understanding. "How did it went there? Let me help you with that man." he moved towards Taec but he took a step backwards.
"No, I'm okay Wooyoung... Ow !" 
"Nah man, come here." he knelt on one knee in front of Taec and hold the zipper. He stopped and looked warily around. "This is awkward." he said.
"That's what I meant earlier." Taec growled. "Hurry, it's painful!"
"Ok, ok. On three. One... two... t-"
"Wooyoung, Taec?" 

The door opened fo the second time and Junho came in. He stopped to look at the frozen Taec holding his pants and Wooyoung holding the zipper below him. Blood rushed from his face. He stood there awkwardly and he cleared his throat.

"I... I don't know you two are... I.... Sorry!" then Junho closed the door behind him.
"Nooo! No Junho it's not what it looks like!" Wooyoung called back, flailing his arms desperately. He looked at Taec and scowled. "Aissshh!"

After several minutes, Wooyoung and Taec reappeared on their table. Everyone looked concernedly at Taec.

"What happened Taec? Are you okay?" Torrey's sweet voice asked.
"Why are you there too Wooyoung?" Minjun asked.

Junho blushed deeper and glanced at Taec and Wooyoung.

"Shut your dirty thoughts Junho." Taec growled.
"It's not me being dirty, it was you." he retorted.
"Huh?" they looked from Junho to Taec and frowned.
"What are you talking about?" Minjun asked blankly
"Food!" Wooyoung changed the subject and started eating.
"What -" Minjun started again.
"Drop it." Wooyoung, Taec and Junho said at the same time.

And so they dropped the subject. After eating, their first destination, based on the majority, was the freakishly fast Space Shuttle. Taec took a large gulp. He felt it was Amber's birthday all over again.

"Hey Taec, let's go." Taeyeon said, pulling his arms towards the entrance. Though his feet felt like lead and his heart was beating nervously, Taec followed their friends inside and waited on the line. Everyone but him was excited - even Taeyeon who has heart problems. Luckily (or unfortunately for Taec), the line was short, and soon, he found himself strapped on the familiar binds that will judge the time of his death. Cause: heart attack.
"Ohh you're nervous." Taeyeon teased beside him. 
"Sh-shut up." he muttered through his greeted teeth. He took a deep breath and looked ahead. Amber and Chance were just seating in front of him, and he was a hundred percent sure they're holding hands now.

The coaster started and Taec immediately stiffened. He knew what comes next..

They're going upwards........

*Don't let me puke. Or scream.* he thought.

And upwards....

*Fck I'm scared!*

And upwards...

Shoot!

They rocketed downwards, as fast as a bullet train. Taeyeon was laughing her heart out; Amber was whooping; Chance sat still; Torrey was screaming behind him; the rest of the boys were jeering... and Taec? He's praying.

After two minutes, everyone hopped off the ride. Taec leaned on the bar. He was feeling dizzy and felt like he's really going to puke.

Amber looked at Taec's pale face. His sweating, shaking figure made her head throbbed.

"Aagggh." she muttered, clutching her head hard. Amber almost fell sideways but caught herself just in time.

She hopped down the roller coaster energetically.

"Let's ride again!" she said. She looked at the man beside him. It was blurry, almost dark, and she can't see his face properly. He was leaning on the bar for support. She stiffled her laughter and led him out of the Space Shuttle

"Amy!" Chance shouted. Amber leaned on the wall, still clutching her head. Taec straightened up immediately, forgetting that he was about to vomit from the ride. He pushed Chance away and approached Amber.
"Amber, what happened?"

Their friends crowded on her. Torrey's nervous voice piped,

"Is she fine?" she asked.

Amber calmed down. She shook the scene away and smiled weakly at everyone.

"I'm fine everyone. I think it's just from overwork."
"I kept telling you that." Chance scolded, but his face draw the ultimate man of concern. "Do you want to go home now?"
"No... I'm fine. Really. You guys should enjoy yourselves. Go on."
"Technically, we're not enjoying ourselves if you're not with us." Nichkhun said. "Maybe you were shocked in this ride. Do you want carousel instead?"

The employee stared open-mouthedly at the nine, fully-grown adults riding the carousel. Amber was laughing while the ride went round and round. Chance was behind her back.

"You're supposed to ride on the other horse Chance." she said.
"I don't want to. I want to be here...just beside you." he replied, hugging her from her waist. "Don't overwork yourself next time okay? You scared me earlier."
"Sorry."

Meanwhile, Taec was comfortable in his seat. He felt safe, secured. But whenever he remembered Amber earlier, he couldn't help himself but agree that maybe Chance was right. Maybe she's not advised to be given a full-blown detail at one shot. Well, to be frank, he doesn't believe Chance earlier. He's too much of a liar for him to trust his friend again.

Their last stop was the Wheel of Fate. They line was long, filled with lovers and friends, old or young, rich or not. They waited for almost an hour before it was finally their turn. Nichkhun and Torrey got their own box, so was Taec and Taeyeon, and Chance and Amber. Minjun, Wooyoung and Junho all sat on the last box. Junho was complaining.

"I should have brought Suzy with me." he said.
"And leave me with Wooyoung? No way." Minjun said.

They started to go upwards. Amber grasped the bar for support... the sudden change of height made her dizzy. Chance put an arm around her and buried his head on her neck.

"Are you having fun so far?" he asked.
"Mm-hmm. Your friends were welcoming. I felt so comfortable even though it was my first time seeing them. And the rides were really enjoyable. It's too bad we didn't get to ride eveything."

Chance chuckled and kissed her neck.

"I love you Amy."

Amber wrapped her arms around him and smiled. "I'm cold." Chance hugged her back and leaned his cheek on the top of his head. 

Taec and Taeyeon were just beside Amber and Chance. He frowned when he saw them hugging each other. He felt jealous.... extremely jealous. Taeyeon followed his gaze and frowned too. She was just beside Taec, why won't he look at her?

"Taec?" she asked.
"Hmm?" he replied, not taking his eyes off from Amber.

Taeyeon chose her words carefully.

"Why... why do you like her?" 

Taec finally tore his eyes from Amber and Chance and looked at Taeyeon. "Why?"
She shrugged. "Just curious."

Taec looked back at Amber and smiled.

"I don't have an answer for that. I guess that if you love someone, you just can't explain why you love her." his smile grew wider. "And I really miss her. If I can turn back the time, I'll treat her like a princess, not a man...or a slave.... or someone I don't care about. I'll love her forever. And I'll do anything to protect her."

Taeyeon bit her lip. She regretted asking the question because the answer hurts, but on the other hand, she's really curious about it.

Fireworks suddenly blasted up in the air. There were chorused "Ooooh"s and "Aaaahhh"s while colorful lights shined from above. It was like a dreamland for Chance, having this perfect moment for the perfect girl.

When the ride was done, everybody decided to go home. They all bade good bye at each other, and Torrey hugged Amber for the longest time. She beamed at her and pinched her cheeks.

"Let's bond again, okay?" she asked. Amber nodded.
"That would be fun." 

Nichkhun put an arm around Amber and messed her hair. "Bye bro."
"I'm not a bro." she retorted.
"Yeah right."

Taec remained beside Amber and Chance. He looked at Amber and said,

"Bye Amber."

It took a large effort for Amber not to roll her eyes. She managed to that though, and she gave him a small smile. "Bye." she turned to Taeyeon and waved. "Keep safe."

Taeyeon nodded, unsure of what to feel and what to say. She tugged Taec towards the car, and minutes later, they too, were gone.

"Wait here, okay?" Chance said. He ran towards the pizza stall and Amber watched him order one box. She looked at the almost deserted parking space. She was standing alone in front of the entrance gate. She was waiting.... just waiting... and it seems that it was very familiar to her too. She felt that she waited on the same spot here before.

She closed her eyes and thought hard.

She was standing alone in the parking space... waiting for someone.

"Amy?"

She jerked her head in happiness. It was Chance.

She opened her eyes. Chance was looking at her in concern.

"Is it your head again?" he asked urgently.

Amber shook her head. "No, it's fine. I'm just getting sleepy."
"Ohh..."

They entered the car and Chance started to drive.

"Chance?" Amber asked uncertainly.
"Hmm?"
"Earlier... I felt... I dunno, weird?" she said.

Chance frowned.

"How weird?"
"It was just... I think I remembered something from my past life."

SCREEECCHHH!!

Chance stepped on the brake instantly. They bounced forwards and Amber took a slight shock.

"Why did you do that?" she asked almost angrily.
"I..." Chance's heart beat nervously. His palms started to sweat on the steering wheel. Did he heard it right? "What did you say again?"

Amber looked at him and repeated. "I said I think I remembered something. When we were in Space Shuttle earlier, I remembered that I was with someone before here too, a man. But his face was blurred so I can't see him. But I'm sure I'm with him. Then when I waited for you outside the gates, I saw you in front of me.." she paused.

"Why didn't you say that we went here together before?"

Chance gulped. She thought it was he whom she was with on her birthday? Amber was waiting for his answer. He was unsure of what to say. Must he lie? Or must he tell the truth? Amber finally remembered something.... but it was Taec. What will he do?

 

..but the selfish and jealous part of him dominated his conscience. He cleared his throat loudly and smiled at her.

"Sorry Amy, I didn't tell you soon."

*Liar Chance. Liar*