Someone's Back

When She Was A Girl

"YOU IDIOTS!" the man whacked his minions' heads in fury. Why can't his plan go as smooth as he intended to? "I TOLD YOU TO GET ONE GIRL AND YOU GAVE ME TWO?! WHO THE IS THE OTHER ONE?!"
"We're sorry boss, but there were two of them..." the first kidnapper answered.
"SO IT'S MY FAULT?" the boss hissed.
"Of c-course not." the other one stammered.

Jaebeom grabbed fistfuls of his hair in anger. It had been hard for him to contact his connections and devise a plan to escape from jail, not to mention the police looking for him at that very moment. And now that his only plan to continue what he was not able to finish two years ago was glitched as well, he was pretty sure that everything can go wrong if he won't be more careful.

"Get rid of the other girl. I only need Amber." Jaebeom ordered, turning his back from his men. He doesn't even know them, to be frank. If only he wasn't in a big hurry to find people who will do the first phase of his plan, then he wouldn't even agreed to Ady's suggestions. Speaking of Ady...

"I changed my mind. I'll just have some fun with the girl first then you can give her to Ady. I'm sure he will be delighted for an additional woman to his collection." 

He lit a cigarette and picked a newspaper issued two weeks ago. He thanked this issue, because if it wasn't for this news, then he wouldn't know that Amber was still alive. And if Amber is alive, then Taec is with her too.

Jaebeom stopped puffing and dug the cigar on the table with repeated circular motion. Then he fumbles his pocket for his phone and dialed Taec's number.

"Hello?" Taec answered.
"Heeey my friend, missed me?" 

There were no sounds heard from the other line and Jaebeom's smirk grew wider. He can imagine his nemesis stiffening from shock, but that was not enough for him. He wanted Taec to feel fear, and he knew the right answer.

"Say, your girlfriend's a hottie now, isn't she?"
"Wha-" Taec's sentence was caught in midair as dread plunged in his chest. *No.... not again....*
"History repeats itself, isn't Taec? But you see, I won't stop. I will never stop until I get what I want. And if I have to use your girl over and over again I will do it, just to see you kneeling in front of me before you die."
" you Jaebeom, YOU!"
"Yes, me." then he gave a callous laugh, like everything around him was funny. "I will give you an hour to go here. We're in an old storage house in Mockingjay City. Bring someone else, then you'll never catch a glimpse with your precious Amber."

He ended the call and quickly snapped his sim card into two. 

"Guard the doors, when Taec comes, bring him to me."

Jaebeom walked outside the room and went downstairs, where he kept the girls locked down. He can hear the girls' muffled screams and when he opened the door, their screams grew clearer for him. Amber and Taeyeon were both lying on the floor with ropes wrapped around their hands and a tape plastered on each of their mouths. They cries speak of desperate pleas which were music to Jaebeom's ears.

Amber's eyes narrowed in confusion as if she was trying to remember the man in front of her, then to a growing realization, then shifting into fear. She backed away from Jaebeom as far as she can get while the latter walked closer to her.

When Amber hit the wall and she faced herself being trapped, Jaebeom knelt in front of her and caressed her cheeks. 

"Remember me?"

Amber glared at Jaebeom and if only there's no tape on , she would spit straight into his sickly face.

"You can glare as much as you want dear, but that won't help much. Come here." Jaebeom pulled Amber's hair upwards - forcing the girl to stand up - then he dragged her towards a man-sized drum at the corner of the room. Amber and Taeyeon's eyes met, with unspoken words neither of them can say.

"I'll let you experience the good times you had with me." Jaebeom said. He carried Amber in his arms and dropped her on the man-sized drum. He leaned on the opening, looking down at Amber and leered. "This my dear, will be your special coffin for me. Pray to your gods now so Taec can come here and save you, or else."

Then he snapped the lid shut and inserted a hose inside. He turned the faucet on wherein the water flowed through the hose. He checked his watch: the drum had exactly an hour to fill in.

He turned to face Taeyeon and now his eyes grew with excitement and lust. He grabbed her arms and forced her to stand up, dragging her outside the room. Taeyeon was shaking from head to toe, and she begged Jaebeom through her eyes.

"Don't worry, I'll treat you well." Jaebeom grinned. He will have some fun first while he waited for the main guest to arrive.

***

Chance was prepared to say his final goodbyes to his friends. His art exhibit in Wimbledon was less than a week away, and he found that opportunity as his cue too to start his life again. 

The second person that came in his mind was Taec, and so here he was inside his condominium, ready to make a closure with his friend.

However at that exact moment when he was about to tell his purpose of visit, Taec's phone rang. Chance watched the latter getting stiff, then his face twisting into anger and fear. He doesn't know what was the reason for Taec's reaction, but he was sure that it was something serious.

When the call ended Taec dropped his phone. Chance raised an eyebrow.

"What's the matter?" he asked.

Without offering an answer, Taec ran outside the condominium. After a moment of hesitation, Chance followed. When he reached the ground floor, Taec was already speeeding away, and Chance hastily ran towards his car to follow him.

***

Amber did pray to her God. The tape on and the ropes around her hands made her feel helpless and weak, but Amber refused to lose hope. She promised her family that she'll be back... She still has things to explain to her friends... and she still has something to say to him.

*Please Lord. Not now.*

The water rose up to her belly. The rising water and the tiny space she was in was starting to suffocate her. She tried to free herself; budged the drum to fall; screamed although hurts; she did everything she can think of.

Amber doesn't know how long was she in. The water crept to her chest...... 10 minutes later it was on her chin.... She tried to tiptoe, but her head reached the drum's lid.... She arched her head backwards until her nose touched the lid, getting as much air as possible from the water on her cheeks.... Slowly, the water reached her ears and Amber made one final deep breath, until the drum was filled, and Amber was submerged under the water.

She hold her breath for 10 seconds.... 20.... 30.... 40.... she even did 50.... 60!! But her chest tightened, desperately needing for more air. *No, I'm not dying. Not now.* she thought. She closed her eyes and her family immediately came in her mind. For them she will survive. Torrey's face flashed... they still have shoppings to do. Then his face appeared, smiling at her. Amber's heart weakened at the possibility of not seeing him.

And before she knew it Amber released her breath, water filled her lungs... drowning her.... 


It was raining... and it was cold. Taec was afraid of thunder and lightning, and they were left alone on that cave. Her companion was shivering, she hugged him from the back.

She was in Enchanted Kingdom for the first time in her life and it was Taec who brought her here. She watched Taec amusedly as he restrained himself from screaming on the Space Shuttle.... He even gave her a new pair of sneakers at the end of the day.

They were dancing on the bonfire, with their eyes locked in each other's until the end of the song.

He kissed her.

She let go of his hands....

 

"AMBER!!!"

Fresh air filled her lungs as she gasped desperately for air. Her mind was reeling, like she was about to lose consciousness, but through her foggy eyes she was able to see Taec's face. *Just like last time*

Taec pulled Amber towards him and hugged her tightly. He buried his face on her shoulder and fought himself from crying, but his shoulders were shaking as he clung to Amber.

"I though I lost you.." he said shakily. "I thought I lost you again."

Amber hugged Taec back, and she cried. She thought she would die, she was afraid to die. 

"Taec... I remembered... I remembered you.."

"You did?" Taec released his hug and stared at Amber with disbelief in his eyes. "You did?"

Amber nodded and continued,

 

"I remembered how I loved you."

***

"I remembered how I loved you" Amber's voice rang even outside the room, and before Chance can even open the door, he stopped.

Chance had heard enough. He knew it would hurt, but hearing those words for himself hurt most. It was the last thing that confirms he made the right decision to leave the country, and now he's sure that Taec will take care of Amber. And Amber will be happy with Taec.

He heard a loud scream from afar. Chance ran towards the direction of the noise, blocking the thought of Amber and Taec from his mind.

***

Taec's face split into a wide smile as Amber spoke those last words. He opened his mouth to reply when he noticed Amber's sad eyes.

Amber gazed at him with an apologizing expression, and she gave a weak smile to Taec.

"I remembered everything..... 

 

 

 

....but I love Chance more." she continued.

"W-what?"

It seemed like silence went on forever. All they did was to stare at each other, until their eye contact broke because of loud scream from afar.

"TAEYEON!" Amber and Taec shouted at the same time. Amber tried to stand up but failed. Taec caught her waist just before she fell and laid her cautiously on the floor.
"S-stay here, okay? I'll search for Taeyeon. I'm sure Chance is already searching too."

Amber did not miss the bitterness in Taec's voice as he mentioned Chance's name. She tried to speak but was still burning. Besides, she was slipping slowly from reality.

"N-no I'll help..."she managed to utter.
"Stay."

And with that Taec ran outside the room, searching the storage house frantically.

"Taeyeon!" Taec barged into one of the rooms and found Taeyeon. She was on the corner of the room, her hair disentangled; bruises on her body; and more dreadfully, blood stained on her slightly ripped skirt.
"Taec." Taeyeon cried, hiding her body shamefully from him.
"Hey." a voice came from behind.

Taec turned around and his face met Jaebeom's fist. There was another scream from Taeyeon as Taec staggered backwards, spitting the blood at the same time. 

"Let's do this quick, shall we?" Jaebeom said. Taec noticed Jaebeom's open zipper. His blood boiled more than ever as he connected it from Taeyeon's bruises and blood-stained skirt. He gave Jaebeom the deadliest stare he can muster. He had never hated a person like this before.
"You're going too far YOU BASTARD!"
"I'm rotten to the core, what else can you do?!" Jaebeom shouted back. With one swift movement he pulled his gun and pointed it at Taec's chest. "After I'm done with you, your father's next. This time, I won't fail."

Without further ado, Jaebeom squeezed the trigger. Taec closed his eyes, welcoming death.

.....

.....

.....
 

But he can still feel his heart thumping loudly. He opened his eyes slowly, confusion arousing his mind. He looked directly in front of him where Jaebeom stood, who was shocked-face with blood spilling from his mouth. Taec saw a single knife  on the spot where Jaebeom's heart was supposed to be. Behind this man stood Chance, his eyes wide with fear, his hands bloody red.

But what shocked Taec the most was the woman below him, lying with a pool of blood. Taeyeon's eyes searched Taec longingly and the latter knelt in front of her, scooping her fragile body with his strong arms.

"Don't speak. You won't die Taeyeon." Taec said with a low voice, hurrying outside the storage room.

Chance was still in shock from what he did. He took steps backwards, away from Jaebeom's body. He searched the room when he realized Amber's absence.

"AMBER!" he shouted, hurrying back downstairs. He found her lying unconscious on the floor and without hesitation, he carried her as well.

 

"Neither are you Amber. I won't let you die." he said.


Hmm.. Did I really frustrate you from the last update? Sorry about that guys, I guess I'm lacking imagination now.
Anyways, you can't really expect a comedy on this fic. I meant it to be dramatic. Although I'm not really successful with it, I think?
For my readers who liked Amber to end up with Taec, sorry I can't meet your wish, I like the underdog to win this time. *peace* ^___^

Thank you for continously reading this fic! :))