Chapter 9

The Wolf Cub

 

A chilling silence engulfed the court yard as You eyes didn't leave Yifan's.

 

"My name is Kyonghwa and as you stated before in the yeosa of those shrine." You said in cold and confident voice gotten over the initial shock.

 

'Thought not a small human as you think'  the lone thought went thru your head but you didn't say it a loud.

 

“You still didn't explain how this pup got to you" growled the black haired guy next to Yifan.

 

"The child was left at the gates of this shrine in the middle of a stormy night in a woven basket full of socked linens and furs all wet with a lone letter from his mother." At this some of their eyes widened and some had their hands clenching and faces hardening.

 

"What did the letter say?" Yifan asked voice full of authority and seriousness.

 

“That it wasn't safe for the child to be with her and that she wasn't sure if the father of the child was still with the picking was well as that she gave me as the shrines yeosa full privilege to take care of him."  You answered lifting your chin higher saying this information with confidence.

 

Yifan only nodded with a stoned face.

 

“Give me my pup woman’’ was the first words after a moment of another silence, but at his cold voice Jun only snuggled closer to your chest his hands tightening around your neck.

 

‘’It seems that he doesn’t want to go to you’’ you answered without any emption in your voice shifting him on your other hip.

 

(no ones pov.)

 

‘‘Child come to me’’ Yifan tried to peruse Jun thru his mind but was shocked at the determined and strong answer from his small pup.

 

‘’NO! You’ll hurt Kyo umma! ‘’ Jun yelled back in his mind with fright for the yeosa evident in his thoughts as well as determination to protect her from his father and the pack even thought they were his family.

 

‘’Child we won’t hurt her now come to me, did you make the mark?’’  Yifan answered in soothing tone.

 

‘’N-neh Jun wants Kyo umma to be his umma’’ Jun answered with confidence turning his head from your chest to look in his fathers eyes with a gaze that was much more wiser then it should be at the age of the young boy was.

 

Yifan silently nodded and shifted his gaze back to Kyounghwa’s careful calculating gaze.

 

‘’Do you know of the mark on your neck yeosa?’’ Yifan asked in a steady voice noticing her confused look.

 

‘’What mark?’’ her eyebrows frowned at the question.

 

‘’The mark of moon. You have it on your neck. Do you know what that means?’’Yifan answered nodding with his chin.

 

Kyounghwa shook her head a no confused as she had read of these beings only a little because from the scrolls it was said that they have been dead for over hundred years not seeing the use of this knowledge she had set them aside learning other things by herself after her parents died and the yeosa duties were all set on her.

 

‘’All I know about your kind is that it was said you were extinct in the great wars over hundred years ago.’’ This made some of the werewolf’s chuckle and get a amused glint in their eyes.

 

‘’A measly war can’t make us extinct woman especially the ancient ones. Just because we disappear in shadows doesn’t mean we die.’’ A very young looking guy said out loud chuckling.

 

Yifan ignored this comment and continued to look at Kyounghwa with his pup in her hands without a trace of emotion.

 

‘’That mark  means that my pup has marked you as one of the pack having the power as next  in line to be a alpha thought it surprised even me that he knew about  this at his young age.’’ Yifan elaborated Kyounghwa with serious voice with no trace of other emotions in his voice or face.

 

With surprise Kyonghwa looked down at the small child in her hands that was looking back at her with big smile and shining eyes.

 

‘’In other words he has made you a luna of the pack and you will be coming with us wherever we go’’ The dark haired man next to Yufan said.

 

This made Kyounghwas eyes turn into glare and jaw harden.

 

‘’I wont follow anyone! Hear my words! I am a protector and direct descendant of the goddess of nature, yeosa of her shrine which I wont leave till its my time to go by her side.’’Kyonghwas  eyes glared at the pack in front of her but Yifan only lifted his eyebrow in interest his eyes gotten a mysterious glint.

 

‘’Then… we don’t have other choice then to stay here, have we?’’ Yifan uttered with a small smirk on his lips. 

 

 


Hey readers~

 

How did ya like the chapter? Was it good?X)

 

This time made it a bit longer as some of you pocked me about it....is this better you guys? 

/laughs/ 

sorry if its still short for ya but i didnt want to get  any more in this chapter :P

 

This was planed to be updated in Saturday/Sunday but there was some delay

so minahe for the late update~

 

 

-Minki_Locket_NL out