✤─{ #06 }

Wolf and Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Welcome to my 'hostile hideout'! Despite its horrible exterior, I've spent half of my life growing up here in a desolate place with strict training. It made me realise how utterly depressed and desolate I had felt over the last few years since the tragedy: a tragedy that killed my entire clan, my family that left me the sole survivor of the massacre at the tender age of five. The thoughts about my family's poor fate would rise up my wolf soul. And to a great extent, I feel somewhat betrayed by those traitors: LuHan and his ing people. Historically, I knew nothing's went wrong with my clan. Father has worked hard to protect the clan and did everything to the king. After all,  they were betraying the organization that father had long worked to make greater. They have obviously hurt us and I resent them starting 'that night'! Nothing can replace this loss,  and my grief over the years. Yeah, that's why. For one and many reasons, LuHan has to share the blame for what has happened. . Just the sight of him filled me with disgust. If only he wasn't my enemy's son, I'd never set him up to take the blame. Years prior, I used to run from this twisted world and hid myself in this hideout to train hoping to be more powerful than him and here I am. The entire year's worth of workouts and training program has paid off. I am mainly a wolf who possess the ability to teleport on to any part of the world, but now am the strongest having the power to perform magically or physically demanding tasks. In due course, I would make sure to kill him and his whole family someday. I swear in the name of you,  dad.. mom that I would kill them for you. Oh! That reminds me to announce you about my top secret for a world domination. You bet! I am very enthusiastic and eager to run the sinister plot. Would you be proud of me.. Mom, dad? Hope you will because I did all of this just to avenge your old revenge for what they have done to us. Please, keep on praying and looking at me from the heaven, eoh? I loved you two with all of my life, I still do, and I always will.

 

"Ahh finally.. Guys! Look, who's coming! Our leader has returned from his traveling session. Are you having fun, young master~? Heck! Why I never see you come to train with us. Where were you? Aish! I've noticed this for some time now that all this time you did nothing much but just isolate yourself in your darn chamber, probably thinking and creating each of those evil plans over and over again, and not to forget you enjoy commanding us here and there without even doing anything and unfortunately, you're actually forcing us all to follow all your commands or else what you might crush us easily. Yeah, I know there's an ulterior motive behind everything you do. But seriously, I'm getting tired of it! What do you think we are, exactly?! Your slaves huh, or real partners?" ing hell. One of my partners in crime just scolded me for the first time ever and to top of that; he did it right on my ing face before the others. TCH. Excuse us here, he's just behaving like an idiot and it annoyed me to realise just how much of an idiot he is to dare enough scolding me!? When in reality: I AM OBVIOUSLY THE LEADER. Just who does he think he is?! Ck. He's seriously nothing, an absolute chump beast who thinks himself highly know-it-all contrasted with reality.

                                                                                            

"Park Chanyeol! Please, shut your mouth there or you'll die pathetically. Oh. And humbly, I do apologize for him, Leadernim. Please, forgive him. I will make sure he will behave well the next time." There comes another one of my partners, the elder one asking my forgiveness for that son of a bi*ch. Tch, you're just as pathetic as that Yoda ear, dude. Hn. I would like to introduce ourself formally to you right this instant. We are 'EXO-K', a pack of extraordinary wolves—and I am their promising leader: Kim Jong In or Kai as the code name. There are my obliging fellows like, Suho, D.O, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun in the group, and even the good thing is up until now no one has been aware of our existence, perhaps. As you could see, long ago before I met those people, each of them WERE THE WEAKLINGS or classified into omegas or even rogues and sure enough they had tasted a bitter life journey for they each got to deal with themes of banishment with their pack. It just so happened that I met these guys at someplace and helped them somehow. However, of course with the proviso that they should be obedient and subservient to my demands. At the end of the day, we did make an agreement. I have nothing to lose opting them (those rogues) for the sake of my plans. NOW, they are classified into betas since they joined in my pack, becoming stronger and more stronger as THEY ARE now. All thanks to me. They should have been grateful for that!

 

"Hyung,  what are you begging his forgiveness for? Did he even hear you? Listen up, you don't need to do that for me because I don't want you to humiliate your own dignity in front of this cursed m-" The same stupid guy continued but, I immediately cut his words with my action instead in the next seconds because I just pulled the collar of his shirt and looked at him sternly with my predatory eyes, "YOU STUPID BAS**RD. Watch that mouth next time! Anyway, you should have known better on how to thank me as a substitute after what I've in done so far to you ever since your breakdown  but the- DAMN! What did I get from YOU as a payback!? I GOT NO SINGLE THING. I didn't even get paid a penny! And you know what about me, huh!? Just so you know that I've been spending all my in life to train myself years ago 'til I got to be me at the moment. TCH. Look, this time I'll let you off but, if YOU dare to defy me another time then I will FINISH YOU in just seconds. Don't in mess with me and just mind your own affairs."

                                                                                       

He was thrown backward by the force of my terrifically strength or energy that made him hit the cold rocks wall hard. He groaned in pain, coughing up blood, "*Cough* I-I-I'm really sorry,  L-Leadernim. Mercy me!" Uttered the rotten guy. 

 

"Keep in mind! This is one lesson for all of you to not picking a fight with me. Now then Suho hyung, give that bastard a little treat." Suho hyung was quick attending to the ones in need. 

 

I watched that hyung using his power (his healing water) to heal the wound of that sick bastard. In fact, Suho hyung was a werewolf from the water tribe. His basically main power is water, not having to do with healing. But I can't ignore the facts that he has pace, skill, and the knowledge to upgrade his ability to that rare level. Suho hyung was not really a healer but, he soon gained a reputation as a man who could heal sick people. He may look like a guardian angel but that's just the facade he adopted for public. The real him is such a broken angel, a monster. He's just like any other. I simply brushed my hands together and smiled in triumph and satisfaction. I will definitely gain benefit from using them: Suho with his water ability, D.O possesses the ability of earth/strength, Baekhyun is light, and Chanyeol is fire.  

 

I cleared my throat to draw attention, "Listen, there's one more thing: I found it necessary to look back on our major projects. Do you still remember the plans we talked about years ago? The main purpose of it all should be focused on 'him' before we went on with another evil plans for domination of the universe, and I here will explain a couple of things related to the projects. So pay your attention! I've decided, that we will depart for earth in the next three days. I chose Suho hyung, also Baekhyun hyung to take care of all our needs later on earth; make sure that everything has been arranged before we go. I trust you two. Don't forget to report back to me. Until then, prepare yourself  as well as possible. OK, this is enough explanation for you. Is there something you want to ask in some detail? Perhaps I didn't explain myself very well."

 

All my partners looked at each other before shaking their heads except for Suho hyung, "What's there in your mind, hyung? If you haven't already got the plans then get on because you may just get the chance to voice the out  of your mastermind this instant." I asked one of my fellows; an extremely obliging fellow with an irritatingly irksome smile on my face. Sometimes, I had a sudden thought that it is an irksome chore to be a leader having to patiently take care of things and whatnot, which I would rather avoid or decline.

 

"I'm greatly sorry Leadernim but I just quietly don't get it, I mean first of all, why don't we create havoc causing disastrous on the world before taking 'his' life?"

                                                      

I grinned wickedly, "Why, huh? Well as much as I'm pleased to hear such an idea, we can't foolishly start creating havoc first without warning. Not before a single attempt was made to kill LUHAN because as long as he's still alive, he would screw up the lot of our plans at any time, do you understand me?"

 

"Yes, my lord."

 

"Well done. Then, is there another question?" I looked at them all cruelly. They immediately shook their heads once again, "Hm. I hope no one of you—you moldy souls disappoint me. Now dismissed, all of you." I continued.

 

"We got it, chief." They said in unison before then left me alone in the room. After they had all gone I took out a black crystal bracelet: a magic bracelet to be exact, of my cloak pocket, examining it in the palm of my right hand. Truth to be told, this bracelet is a gift from someone dear in my heart. A priceless gift from mother, the day we celebrating my birthday along with everyone. I had just turned 5 years old back then. I remember it now bit by bit that it was the last celebration party I had with both my parents, a few months before the incident involving my family happened that ruined my life. I smile grievously whenever I see this bracelet.

 

"Mom? You once told me that one day I could make a use out of this gift. After thinking out loud from time to time, I finally come to a conclusion that it'll be much more easier to run my plans with the help of this bracelet, mom. For that purpose, I beg your permission to use some of your magic through this pal for real this time. Please, make my wish come true by helping me to the fullest to destroy someone's life here." I spoke confidentially just before gingerly putting on the bracelet on my right wrist. My heart abruptly raced and emotions surge; more like a surge of powerful emotions -fear, anger, and even conciously, I could feel my newly found power surge through my veins. A self-satisfied grin appeared on my face after my body getting used of such spectacular effects, slowly but surely disappearing into the darkness of the night as I muttered quietly, "LuHan, my old in' enemy. I'm not going to waste this golden opportunity to let you out of my grasp the second time and so on. You, hang on a bit longer, till I got all the preparation ready on the spot for an exciting duel between you and me."

 

End Kai POV

 

LuHan POV

Waking up from my slumber due to some bizarre dream, exactly close to a nightmare aside from the sun's rays which slapped the side of my face.

                               

I groaned and ruffled my bed hair feeling of great discomfort and displeasure. "Dammit. Cannot believe that damn piece of dream, why would this mysterious someone most likely plot something to threaten my life..when I cannot even recall have done a serious crime. What's it all about? Huh! If my memory serves me right, I never dreamed such a dream before, not after mam's death. Ah, don't bother about it—you can chillax, Lu." Deciding to put the thoughts in the back of my mind, I looked up half sleepily at the wall where my clock displayed, yawning and stretching my muscles. "Hmm? It's already 8 A.M.? *sigh* Need to take a long shower to refresh my mind and body." I jumped out of my bed and walked into the bathroom that was connected to my bedroom. After a few good minutes later I came out of the bathroom with a much fresher appearance, towel-drying my hair. But, overall I am all done dressed neatly.

 

While waiting for my hair to dry, I started starving. Aish. Please, can't it wait a minute longer!? I moved the towels from my head and hang them back on the towel rack. I quickly stomped off of my room, heading downstairs for breakfast. Not that I care though my hair is still in a terrible mess. I just have to grab something to eat to fill my empty stomach.

 

When I reached the dining room, I found my old man currently enjoying his breakfast. I bowed and greeted him, and he replied me back warmly before I also joined him for the breakfast. We ate in silence until a few moments later I had finished my breakfast first and excused myself to him to return to my room. Seriously, for some odd reason today, I'm not in the best mood to hung out as usual along Lay and Xiumin. But before I can leave the dining hall, father suddenly halt me. He cleared his throat. 

 

"Wait, LuHan. Did you find your decision about what we have discussed a few days ago? Remember child, you only have two days again time left to prepare yourself and do not waste your time. Think carefully and come to me as soon as possible if you've found your answer, arraseo?"

 

"OK and no father, for now I still haven't find my decision maybe in the near times I would come to you to give the answer. Please, give me some more time to think about it." I was kind of begging father and he nodded.

                                                           

"Of course son.. Of course, you've got much needed time to think about it. After all, it's still two days away, isn't it? So, use that time as well as possible. Now, you may go and enjoy the peaceful day." Father gave me his much more differently smiley face than any other day. I was stunned for a moment. That smile... It was already a very long time ago I didn't see it after mother died. I knew it that it happened because her death left a greatly deep wound for him more than anyone else. He was so sad to lose her back then, the woman everyone loved so dearly. So that was why, he would never show that smile, a heartfelt and fatherly smile to anyone anymore from that time, including to me. Yes, it's true that he smiled -sometimes- to whomever he encountered around the kingdom. But still, it's rare to me. I don't even know why, now that he showed that smile again to me..all of a sudden? God, it was like a miracle to myself and how I wish that mam was here with me and father while watching me growing up.

 

I took a deep breath, "I know, and I will. Thanks by the way, father. Excuse me." He nodded without replacing that smile.

                                                               

I was proceeding my steps to upstairs toward my room, thinking some random things.

 

"Should I follow his commands? Or should I not? Aish. Seriously, I don't want to but.. I promised mam that I would obey whatever his words would be." I muttered under my breath and kept walking until I reached my room. I immediately stepped inside, closing the door behind me. As soon as I stepped in, my eyes landed at my room balcony.

 

Unwittingly, I spent most of the time in my room balcony, half of the day enjoying the sunset just to sort things out. I sighed heavily. The more I thought about it the more I felt that it was too difficult to perform this duty. Really, just who am I kidding?! Such crazy tasks I got there, and they're certainly NOT even close to those some simple task you faced on daily basis, man! Aish, better I thought about it again later. Now that I felt like wanting to have such a nice hot water bath and take a nap afterwards. Hn.

                                                    

I was about to turn around when suddenly a voice startled me, "You bad wolf prince! Hey, where have you been in the past few days, huh? Why don't you ever get together us again as usual? Are you busy right now so there's no time for us?!" I knew, it was Xiumin.

 

"Ck! Chatty baozi." I scoffed at him.

 

"WHA! How dare you said that I am chatty!? You wish to die at such a young age, eoh?!!" He shouted out loud, whereas I could only cover both of my ears if I didn't want to be deaf because of his shrill screams. I finally turned around and looked at the annoyed Xiumin with his chubby yet flushed cheeks like a boiled crab of anger, I also noticed someone else presence except for him in my balcony. I smiled brightly while waving my hand in the air like a kid who has met his long lost friend, "Yo Lay! How are ya? Long time no see."

 

He chuckled, "Uh-huh yeah, I'm fine bro. So, how have you been?" Then, suddenly he fell silent after he spotted something right in my left hand fingers, and he spoke quietly. "Oh. You've got them apparently."

 

"Me either. Oh? You mean, this one?" I asked him while showing a ring that was in my left middle finger and he nodded, "Well.. Yeah. You guys also have this thing, haven't you?" I raised an eyebrow and both of my closest friends nodded.

 

Xiumin replied, "Of course. Our parents handed that stuff to us few days ago. So, where have you been lately?"

 

"Nah, haven't go anywhere but stayed at home except I just went to the hidden lake yesterday to calm my mind." I said bluntly. My closest friends looked confused toward each other before their gazes landed back at me.

 

Lay took the initiative to ask me first right away, "I see. But wait, to calm your mind? Actually, I kinda want to know what's bothering your mind? Maybe if you told it to us then we might find a way out for you."

 

"It's nothing... Yeah it's nothing, really." I convinced them because I didn't want to drag them both so far into my problems but, I knew they wouldn't believe me just like that. They knew me so well, even more than my parents did. Tch.    

 

"Very well,  LuHannie. Don't lie to us. Just let it out already. You know we're friends, right? Friends will always share anything or helping each other even in the worst situation." Xiumin added. I sighed. Well, they have a point here. There isn't another choice but, to tell them the truth.

 

"*Sigh* Fine. If you're desperate to know the truth then I'll grant your wishes, right away. Actually, I was thinking about my old man's words in the past few days exactly three days ago. He asked me to face him in his office at that time, saying that he would send me to earth planet for my first royal duty."

                                                             

Lay and Xiumin got shocked right then and there but, soon Lay started to talk, " man! Send you to earth? Oh wait.. By the way, what kind of duty?" I let out another sigh, "Yeah. Well, it's kind of a leadership training things on the earth. I am obliged to change my nasty attitude for becoming a future king of the kingdom. Old man much prefers the earth planet than Dreamworld for this. He thought that I couldn't take on my duty properly here."

 

"Humph... I see. No doubt that your dad commanded you like that because you're A REAL BAD BAD LITTLE PUPPY. Anyway, what's the problem with that? You just have to learn well about leadership stuff and all and throw away that bad attitude of yours before you may go back home, right?" Xiumin said easily, starting to laugh in a sec. I could only stare at him expressionlessly. Tch. How could he easily say something like that?

 

Lay nodded, agreeing. "Well... That's true, LuHan. Look, there's nothing you should worry about. You just have to complete your duty. I'm sure you will survive and be a great honorable king to the wolf nation in the endgame. So, what's the problem bro?"

                                                                 

I sighed, "Thanks but, I'm not done. That's not an actual problem. There's something else that bothered my mind." I continued.

 

"Owwhhh okay... Then, what is it hm?" Xiumin asked after he stopped laughing.

 

I replied lethargically, "The old man gave me an extra mission that… I had to look for this girl on earth and to bring her back but, not only that. He wanted me to claim her before coming back home later with... our future baby." "WHA!!!???" Right after that, they gasped, entirely shocked at the same time with widened eyes.

 

Xiumin stammered, "A-Are you kidding me!? And wh-who's that lucky girl??"

 

"The girl is.. Princess... Sunny." I sighed for the umpteenth time while covering my face with both my hands frustratingly and it was increasingly making them more shocked.

 

"Princess... S-Sunny? Oh..oh my~ Seriously, LuHan! LuuHaann! You just in' hit the jackpot, ma man~~!" Xiumin started too excitedly. "I.. really can't believe it too, serious. Just imagine, Princess Sunny is a special and perfect noblewoman around the world and not just any other beautiful woman! Plus, she comes from a respectable royal family just like you. You're really lucky, you know. After all, not everyone can meet the same fate as you. So, be proud prince." Lay added.

 

"You're right but still, I was reluctant to do so and I still am. You know me, right? I'm not going to do 'that' to a girl who I don't recognize, let alone love. I can't do this even though my own parents keep insisting it. Now that I think about it, what should I do?"

 

Lay sighed heavily as he began to pat my shoulder comfortably, "I understand how you feel but, please listen to me... Who knows that this is probably the only best choice of your parents for your future, LuHan. Remember, every parent just want all the best for their children. They just wanted to make you happy, regardless of their own happiness. So, try to think about it carefully and at least try to give a little happiness to them in return in their old days."

 

I was speechless for a while after hearing Lay's words. It really reminded me of.. My deceased mother's last messages. Then, I stared at them hopelessly. "But, it's still hard for me to do so."

 

"We know deer but, you will never know what will happen in the future. Someday, if you two are destined to be together, then I'm pretty sure love will find a way and that nothing will be able to separate both of you except for the death. So... As your closest friends, we suggest you to try to follow your daddy's instruction and secret wishes because it's not only your parents who wanted you to be happy but, we also wanted the same thing happened to you." Xiumin said sincerely but seriously for the very first time of the day and then the two of them threw me a warm smile. Oh God... Should I accept my old man's order? But really, for some reason after hearing their advices, as if the burden on my mind all this time has gone some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter