✤─{ #05 }

Wolf and Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

» Earth Planet: South Korea, 1994 «

 

In a luxury residential complex located in Seoul, there lived a wealthy middle-aged woman. She goes by the name of Lee Soon Kyung. The woman was very beautiful physically and also persistent one. She already got married and lived a happily married life but unfortunately, it did not long last because slowly sad news approached her. It began with the death of her beloved daughter -that broke half of her heart- at the age of three due to ill health and sorry for them because they were too late to know about their child's health problem. Eventually, after a vigorous attempt, the parents compelled to lose their daughter. The next three years, another sad news came back to her, which was now totally breaking her heart -till it took quite some time for her to be able to survive- . At that moment, she must be willing to lose her beloved husband. He died in a collision when he was going home from his office. After all that happened to her family made her fall in a complete sadness, loneliness, and emptiness hole, deep down in her weak heart that dragged on for several months before she was back up for survival 'cause she still has a large company that needed to be handled by her. So, here it comes the new ver. of the woman herself, she entirely has managed to move on and became a brave adult to undergo her daily activities, which was working to keep her busy. But despite of having to experience all the sadness and emptiness, who knows that there is actually something hidden; a special happiness only for her that will cover the hole in her heart.

 

And this morning, as usual she was getting ready to leave for her office and the one who would as usual drive her off was her personal driver, Kim ahjussi. Suddenly that fine morning, something very surprising happened when she was calmly enjoying her breakfast.

 

"Excuse me, Mrs. Lee. I apologize because I was disturbing your time but, I just wanted to report that I found this bassinet with a baby girl inside it right in front of the main door of your house." Kim ahjussi reported while carefully bringing the bassinet with both his hands right when Mrs. Lee was currently sipping her favorite white coffee. She choked all of a sudden with widened eyes.

 

"Mrs. Lee, gwenchana?" He asked concernly.

 

"*Cough* *Cough* Ahemm... Ah ne, I'm fine. Don't worry. Ah anyway, may I see.. the b-baby?" The ahjussi nodded before he handed the bassinet to her so carefully. Then, she took a peek inside it and right after that she gasped. How not? The woman sure saw an innocent baby girl who looked healthy and physically very pretty and cute at the same time was sleeping peacefully. She slowly touched the baby's thin hair, running her fingers through the tufts of dark silky hairs and smiling warmly. The baby did has a very smooth brown chocolate hair like the feel of a baby's hair normally. Plus, milky white skin that complements her perfection. She was wrapped in a simple yet cute baby outfit but, there was something that caught her attention. The baby girl wore a strange yet beautiful necklace. Out of the blue, the baby squirmed in alarming vitality and finally yet slowly opened her brilliant doe eyes. What did make the older woman surprised was that the baby didn't cry at the sight of a stranger like herself at all but showing off her naturally cutest eye smile, letting out cackles softly to the elder making the woman squealed inside her own mind because of the baby's cuteness. The baby's eye smile reminded her a lot about a certain toddler's eye smile of her own flesh and blood. With the woman's motherly instinct, she gave her sincere smile to the baby girl before her.

 

"Good morning, baby. Oh God, why does she somehow reminded me so much of my late daughter? This baby girl sure is a beauty. Will this beautiful baby be the one who accompany me in the rest of my life? OMO. Thank you God, for entrusting her to me. I promise to keep a good eye and look after her very well with the rest of my life time. And oh my lord... look at her eyes, she really has such beautifully brown eye colors either. Hm well... and her necklace, maybe it's the only holdover from her biological parents? Aigoo.. Poor her, who's the parents who have the heart to get rid of such miracle?" She mumbled under her breath, showing the baby her great motherly loves.

 

"Kim ahjussi, I have decided.. to take care of this baby and from now on she will be my adoptive daughter but, please don't spread this news to anyone outside of my knowledge. Let me the one that will tell the real facts to her someday. Oh one more things, I beg your help to contribute to help me in watching and making sure all her needs fulfilled. And, please immediately let me know if anything happens to her behind my back. Ah! About her name... What if I named her Lee Soon Kyu? What do you think, ahjussi?"

 

"With all due respect, I will forever follow all your commands, great mistress. And Lee Soon Kyu? It's totally a beautiful and suitable name for a bright baby like her." Kim ahjussi gave his response. Mrs. Lee smiled hearing it.

 

"Thank you very much for your concern, ahjussi. And ne, you're right. She's a bright baby because she is.. my little sunshine from now on." Proudly said by the mistress as she smiling still while gently carrying the baby girl into her arms.

 

"Uh I'm sorry, but Mrs. Lee.. Are you going to look for the whereabouts of this baby's biological parents, as well?"

 

"Of course... Of course, Kim ahjussi. I'm willing to pay someone to work for me in order to find the existence of the poor baby's biological parents, as well as taking a great care of her, like my own biological child." The adult female in the Lee's residence made a fixed decision while smiling down lovingly at her new family member.

 

*Meanwhile at a Hospital in Seoul*

 

There were two men from different families who looked panic with their wives state, the faithful wives who were in the process of childbirth. Both men known as Mr. Oh and Mr. Im. Both were good friends since Junior High, working at the same workplace, in fact, Mr. Im was Mr. Oh's employee. Unexpectedly, they were here at such a time and same place, but didn't aware of it because they were too busy with their own affairs. However, unfortunate fated befall to the Im family. An hour ago, his pregnant wife accidentally fell down the stairs that lead to the endangerment of his wife and their baby lifes due to massive bleeding. The doctor gave him a choice between saving the life of his beloved wife or the baby's because they really didn't have enough time left. He surely couldn't choose between the two of them but, after finally establishing himself he prefered to save the life of his wife. Knowing it, Mrs. Im was immediately opposing firmly her husband's decision although her condition was critical at the time. She didn't care about her life but, her priority was the safety of her unborn child.

 

"No, no can do. Just NOOOOOOO! Please, safe my baby's life, doctor! I-I'm begging you. I'm willing to die as long as you're willing to safe my baby!" Mrs. Im groaned in pain after she tried to talk her opinion. Of course her husband wouldn't approve of it.

 

"ANIYO! Listen to me, I.. I will never let you die. I can't live without you! How can I take care of our baby without you by my side?! I can't. I can't do it, chagiya. Please... Please, don't leave me. Just let g-go of our baby. Your safety is more important than anything else." Mr. Im cried while holding his wife's hand tightly. She shook her head weakly, crying as she tried to hold her pain. The pain was unbearable. She took another deep breath before starting to talk some more.

 

"Ani, h-how could y-you say.. aaahh.. that, yeobo. Huff.. I beg of you.. Please, don't waste the poor baby if I'm gone from this world. Please, raise the baby... keep our child safe! Arrghh... huff. You-you know if only I could, I really want to give all my love and raise our baby together with you, but God wouldn't let me to do so, probably. I... I'm sorry, because of my carelessness you are faced with a difficult choice. Huff.. and with times, I hope you'll stop mourning over my death and, be strong. Please yeobo, listen to my last.. wish. I'm-I'm pretty sure you can do it. I beg you for the very last time, please do this for me and our baby. Do.. not ever hate the baby for this, promise me you will love our child more than life itself. Trust me, even though I was dead, I will always be with you. Right here, *pointed at her husband's chest* in yours and our baby's heart. I'll always be with and watch you two from up there. Don't worry... because someday, we'll meet again, as family, in much better world. There's.. one more thing.. please, will you kindly send my love for.. f-for our baby later? Th-ank you so much for everything. S-Sa..rrang....hae, yeo-bo. Promise me." Mrs. Im said haltingly before screaming her heart out to overcome another strike of pain. Mr. Im really couldn't see his wife critical condition anymore. With a very heavy heart, he must accept his wife's decision. He quickly embraced his wife in tears.

 

"It's enough, stop talking chagiya! Alright, alright.. as your w-wish, for yours and the baby's sake.. I promise to do all those t-things you told me to. I'm not going to hate our baby but, I promise to love the baby more with my life. I.. be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter