✤─{ #04 }

Wolf and Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Sunny.. baby... wake up, dearest." I slowly opened my eyes when I faintly heard mother's soft voice and I found her smiling gently right before me. I woke my body up, sat on the edge of my bed, rubbing the sleep from my weary eyes. Oh, apparently I fell asleep. Was it already morning? I stared out the window from my room then and as I thought that time took turn fast to present a whole new day. God, how long that I had been asleep? Was I too tired?

 

"Good morning, my baby." Mother greeted me with a cheerful face and I greeted her as well. A confused mark marred my face.

 

"Morning too, mom? Is there something important you want to talk about?"

 

"Oh no, dear. I just wanted to wake you up for breakfast together. Now, you're awake. So, go take a shower and get dress. We'll be waiting for you downstairs." She answered, smiling brightly and then she kissed my cheek before walked out of my room.

 

I sighed walking to my bathroom. There are still so many complicated things in my mind right now. I don't know but I sure now have an indescribable feeling about my going to this Earth planet soon. Then what if my job has been completed, how am I going to go back home? The next one, the most important question is if once I reborn as a normal earthling, would I lose all my memories about my parents and Dreamworld? Gosh, I'm definitely going crazy with all these things in mind. After a few minutes later of taking a nice hot shower, I came out of the bathroom fresher than ever with a big towel wrapped around my body. Walking towards my (clothes) closet to choose a dress I would wear for the day. Hm, what should I wear? A long dress one or..? Oh, just perfect! I'll wear this casual snowy white sleeveless short dress, covering it with navy blue blazer for caution because it's a little windy today. Smiling at the dress, I immediately put the outfit on, applying some light makeup on my face later. I'm almost done..now the time to doing my hair. I just let loose my medium-length golden blonde hair, only wearing a little headdress. Next, I grabbed a pair of my knee-high socks, leather boots and wore them all right away. Okay, I'm done and ready by now. I stared at my reflection in a large mirror in the corner of my room, smiling proudly in the next moment.

 

Not bad, Sunny~! Great, it's breakfast time already with mom and dad.

 

I walked out of my room, heading downstairs towards my parents who were waiting for me in the dining room.

 

"Good morning, my princess. Did you sleep well, dear daughter? Oh, please take a seat." Father greeted me with a friendly smile. I had to smile back.

 

"Morning, dad. Ne, I did sleep well last night. Thank you." I sat in one of the chairs in the dining room.

 

"Well, since we've all been gathered, then we better start eating before the food being cold." Mother started. We all began eating in serenity but actually, I felt no desire to eat today not because of the food but I was full with my thoughts earlier. I couldn't keep silent like this, the best solution was to voice out my thoughts. I then slowly directed both my eyes on my parents who were enjoying their breakfast. Is it the right time to ask them? But, didn't I come here to enjoy the breakfast with them? It's maybe our last breakfast together because tonight I'm going to leave them. I don't even know if I would be back again. But I hope, I could come back as soon as possible.

 

"Sunny, what's wrong dear? You seem to dissolve in your own mind. Tell me, is there anything bothering you? Or is the food doesn't fit your taste? We can replace it with a new one." I quickly shook my head as soon as I heard mother's sentences. Seems like my mom have noticed my odd behavior from earlier.

 

"No no, there's nothing to do with the foods. Actually, I... I  am just thinking about a few things these days, mom." I could see that both my parents frowned.

 

"What are you thinking about? Just say it out, dear." Father asked with a serious tone. I sighed. Oh God... Should I say everything right now to my parents? But, I didn't want them to worry about me later. Hm, it would probably be better if I didn't tell them more in details right now.

 

"Uh well, I just wanted to ask. If once I reborn as one of the earthlings, will I lose all my memories about you and Dreamworld?" My parents looked at each other. I could catch a glimpse of sadness expression on their faces. Is it a bad sign for me?

 

"You don't need to worry, daughter. Your memories don't completely disappear. May be in the early stages you won't remember anything else about us and this world but, the memories will undoubtedly come back to you slowly by itself, over the times." Father explained still using his serious tone, I could only nod.

 

"Yeah it's true. So honey, you have nothing to fear and worry about. Believe me that no one can break the bond between us except for death even though we were in a different world." And mother added, putting on the smile on her face. Somewhat after hearing my parents at present, I feel much calmer now. I slowly started to give them my eye smile and they smiled back.

 

"I understood and I'd always believe it, mom. I promise not to disappoint you." After that, I started to touch my breakfast. Although I wasn't too eager to eat but, I have to appreciate their efforts.

 

"Good. I entrust it entirely to you, my precious little princess. Oh yeah, I just want to tell you that all your special classes for today were being nullify because I understand you might need some time to prepare yourself for tonight. Am I correct?" 

 

I nodded, "Yes father, thank you for understanding me. But, can I take a walk around for a while after this? I promise I won't be too far from the kingdom complex." I made a request that made my parents both chucklings.

 

"Of course, princess. I won't ban you as long as you hold onto your words but, you have to get back before sunset." Giving dad my confident smile, I nodded once again.

 

"Okay, first stop the discussion and finish your meal, Princess Sunny." Mother said firmly but remained gentle to me. I smiled at her then continued to finish my breakfast. A few minutes later, I wiped my mouth with the napkin that had been available as I finished my breakfast and excused myself to my parents.

 

"I'm done. I'll take my leave first. Thanks again dad, mom. Have a nice day." My parents nodded. I went over to place a kiss on their cheeks and hurriedly left the room. Breathing in the morning fresh air deeply as I got out of the kingdom. The morning air was the best thing ever for me. Now, where am I going? Great, think about it Sunny! A comfortable place, not too far from the kingdom. Hurmm.. Where should I find such a nice comfortably place... AH! That's right, what about the waterfall of truth? It sounds such an interesting place to visit, doesn't it? Anyway, it was a place that I've never visited before, I thought the place was very comfortable, safe, and most importantly not too far from the kingdom. Ok, what are we waiting for? Let's go!

 

End Sunny POV

 

LuHan POV

 

This is unusual. I had breakfast alone without father by my side since I woke up late this morning. One of the royal maids said that he had finished eating his breakfast when I was still asleep. So, he knew but he didn't want to disturb me. To be frank, I'm grateful to have such an understanding father, like him. But occasionally, I felt lonely without my old man and his words yesterday still attached in my mind. Did I really troubled him? Is he still mad at me? And, will he ever want to forgive me? Suddenly, my thoughts were interrupted because I felt that something/someone would come to me, sure enough in a blink of an eye, someone had been standing in front of me. Oh, it's just Kris Wu. He was one of the best kingdom warriors, also a close confidante of my old man. He then bowed to me and I nodded my head.

 

"Good morning, Prince LuHan. I am so sorry if I have bothered your peaceful time but, I just wanted to convey something that his majesty wants to see you in his office after you are done with the breakfast first, of course." Oh well, it just reminded me that 'he' did tell me to meet him yesterday.

 

"Hm. Yeah, I know. Anyway, I'm going to see father now. Thanks for the notice. You may dismissed." I ordered him and he nodded as in respect.

 

"My pleasure, prince. If so I'm going to take my leave, there are other things that must be resolved. Excuse me." I just nodded quietly and without waiting for a long time, he had disappeared from my sight. As soon as possible I got up and went to the royal office. During that short trip, I remain dissolved in my thoughts. Whether the time has come to me to change for the better? Honestly, I'm not ready for this but, if there is no other choice for me, then I have to do so. Mam, did you still watch me from the heaven? I promised you something. It's my no.1 promise of lifetime, but I don't know now if I have the strength to do it. I'm sorry, mam.  

 

Now, my pace has stalled right in front of the door of father's office. I sighed before bringing my hand to knock on the door.

 

"Yes, come in." Pa's voice echoed from the inside and it was a signal for me to get into. I sighed once again before bringing my body to go into this room. Right after I entered, I could see now that my father was busy with some of his paperwork.

 

"Ah finally, good morning son. I was waiting for you. Now, come closer and take a seat." He greeted me, told me to sit on a comfortable -looking- couch in the corner of his room. I seated myself on the couch afterwards and soon he also joined to sit opposite me.

 

"Sorry if I'm late. Now, let's get to the point. Exactly, what do you want to talk about with me?" I started seriously but, pa just chuckled lightly that made me quite irritated.

 

"You remind me a lot of your mama, son. You both equally can't be patient. Fufufu... Time sure passed so fast, right? It seems only yesterday you were born, I don't realize that now you're starting to grow up." He sighed before looking at me sternly. "Well, looks like you're already bored enough with this lil speech. Alright. LuHan, I've thought about this before multiple of times and now that I'm sure of it. I will give you an official order to send you to Earth for your leadership training to learn to be a future honorable king."

 

WHAT!? He can't be serious. Did I misheard?

 

"No in' way! You can't be kidding me, pa. Why-" He cut me off immediately.

 

"I don't want to hear your refusal, young man. My decision was absolute and it couldn't be contested anymore. Listen carefully because I'm not going to repeat it again for the second time. You will be guided strictly for the training by one of my confidants: Mr. Kris, on Earth. All your needs will be prepared by him as well and I command you to follow and listen to all of his words because I have entrusted this work entirely to him. So, you have no rights at all to resist against all that has been planned." I snorted in disgust. WHAT THE HELL!? Why should he send me to Earth Planet just to learn leadership well? What was the difference between the Earth and Dreamworld? Why couldn't I do it here? Damn, it was really troublesome.

 

"Why, why can't I do it here? What's the difference between Dreamworld and Earth, anyways?"

 

Father looked dead serious with what he said next, "Why? Because I'm not sure you can learn effectively here. After all, Earth isn't a bad choice, I think. I just wish you could learn to adapt to the new environment around you. Difficulties should arise, I wish you could try to clearly solve your own problems very well even with stressfull situations. I implored you to accept my decision, so please do your first royal duty properly because you'll definitely hold enormous influence on the future of our kingdom. And please my son, don't refuse to face reality that you too are a Crown prince."

 

I closed my eyes for a moment to think, massaging a bit my aching temple. Darn it. It's just about time, LuHan. I sighed. O-kay. I want to keep my promise with mama. She made me promise one thing in the past. So, take whatever action is needed. I re-opened my eyes and replied with deadly seriousness.

 

"Okay, fine! I... I will do it." 

 

Papa began to smile happily with my decision, "My~ thank you, son! Thank you because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter