✤─{ #10 }

Wolf and Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

» Earth Planet: South Korea «

 

"Um... If I may ask, father, what's the important thing that you want to talk about with me?" A wise middle-aged man took a deep breath before starting the explanation to his beloved daughter.

 

"Yes, dear. Well, you already know about your destiny as the heiress to the throne, right?"

 

The beautiful young princess nodded patiently waiting for the detailed explanation from her parents.

 

"... and to reach the noble title is not going to be that easy as you think it is. By law females are in eligible to succeed to the imperial throne. But we don't wish for the kingdom to fall apart on any irresponsible hands in the future. So, there is a way,  a specific requirement that you must be fulfilled to prove your honor royalty." This time the mother tried to explain it, and then the father continued.

 

"This is a requirement of our formerly ancestors and because you are my only child,  dear daughter, and the only hope who will continue to hold this kingdom, then there's no other options but for you to follow-through on all aspects of the mandatory requirement."

 

"I, understood. But may I please have a grasp of the requirements in detail previously, father?" The atmosphere in the room began tense. Her father who was a honored king paused for a moment before answering the other question given by his daughter.

 

"Certainly my little one, you must be reborn and grow up as an inhabitant of the Earth for a short while. Then, help to find and realize the dream of a lucky girl on Earth that we had been selected."

 

"B-but, it's impossible to find her among more than a million of humankind.." 

 

"Calm down, my precious. We'll give you a clue that will lead you to the girl." Another calm response with a smile came from the mother, an elegant queen.

 

"But still mom... how could I help her to find and achieve her dream?"

 

"You will soon get all the answer when it got to the right timeline..."

 

"-Kyu.. Soonkyu... Wake up. Sunshine, please wake up, my child. You're going to be late to get to school." Mrs. Lee woke the sleeping beauty gently. She her adopted daughter's hair with affection, sitting by her side. Shortly after that, Soonkyu's petite body began to writhe in discomfort her brown eyes opened slowly. She yawned and promptly took a sitting position rubbing the sleep from her eyes with one loose fist.

 

"Good morning, my Sun. How's your sleep?"

 

"Eomma? Morning. Err.. well, it's.. it's good." Soonkyu lied to her parent so as not to make her worry, when in reality it was hard for this young girl to get a good night's sleep as she dreamed that dream. Now that she's thinking about the vague and momentary dream which she dreamed of before. It was just an impossible dream, actually, an odd one for that was the first time she had experienced it but strangely, it felt like a reality for her.

 

"The dream... why it felt so odd yet real to me. I couldn't catch what they talked about, and couldn't really see the face. Besides, who exactly were they to assume me their daughter as if I were royalty. At some point, why would I keep calling them as mother and father when I clearly didn't remember or even meet them before? Or did I? Did they some kind related to me? What did the purpose of the dream? Aish! Jinjja, Lee Soon Kyu... It's just a dream, you know. Forget it." Soonkyu thought, clearly confused. She shook her head slightly, hoping that she would forget 'bout the dream easily.

 

Meanwhile, the mother gently grasped Soonkyu's hand, staring at her attentively as soon as she caught something odd from her little Sunshine.

 

"My daughter, what's wrong? Is there something bothering you? Look, you're free to tell me anything, my dear Sunshine. As an eomma, I would be very willing to be a good listener and provide the best solution for you."

 

"Eomma, gomawo. But no worries, there's nothing bothering me. I... I just was thinking about my college assignment. That's all." The young girl chuckled nervously whilst Mrs. Lee looked at her daughter confusedly, her face looking very pale, before finally nodded. The child stopped laughing as reality had struck her. She looked back at her mother worriedly.

 

"Eomma, is something the matter? Are you really okay? You look paler than the other day."

 

"Nan gwaenchanha, dear. Eomma's just feeling exhausted from my daily occupation." Mrs. Lee tried to reason out, even though it was all a lie. "Ne, get ready to go to college. I'll wait for you downstairs, okay?"

 

"Arraseo but, promise me eomma.. if you still feel exhausted then it's okay to take a break once in a time. I'm afraid you've been overexerting yourself. Please, stay healthy." Soonkyu was attempting to make her mother understand her deep worry for her well being. The young one smiled softly, pecking the older's cheek. Then, she rose to her feet and jogged to the bathroom.

 

The middle-aged woman smiled back watching her beloved daughter, but not long, her beautiful smile faded away and replaced with a sad expression once her daughter already out of her sight. The older woman seemed to be deep in thought as a single tear ultimately rolled down her pale white cheeks.

 

"Dear daughter, my baby Lee Soon Kyu... Eomma already knows that you have lied to me but no matter what you do, I will still and always believe in you, because you are my precious daughter.. despite the fact that you are not my biological one. Soonkyu, eomma is sorry. Forgive me that I still can't bring myself to tell you all these secrets. Why Lee Soon Kyung, you're one tough mother." She sighed, removing her tears, "Sooner or later, Soonkyu will have to know the truth. I can't keep her in the dark any longer." She walked out of Soonkyu's room whilst whispering quietly. "Modeun geol mian haeyo, my little Sunshine."

 

 

LuHan POV

 

*Knock* *Knock* 

 

"Yes?" I gave a yell in response when I was in my room, checking myself one more time before starting my very first day on earth. Hn. I just hope everything goes smoothly. Now, let's take it easy, LuHan.

 

"I apologize for my immodesty but, I just want to report to you that everything's all ready, Prince LuHan." Kris said from the outside of my room.

 

"Okay, I get it." I replied back as I carried my bag and stuff and then dashed out of my room just to be greeted by my companion.

                                                       

"Good morning, Prince. I hope all of the facilities in this mansion are adequate to your taste. Hope to make you feel comfortable to stay here for a while." He greeted me politely and I nodded before Kris handed me something. "Oh, here they are. Your car's key and the college schedule. Your car is equipped with a GPS (Global Positioning System). The system might help you navigating when you're going anywhere. So, you won't get lost in Seoul, South Korea. Also, if you want to ask about your college stuff or something then please question me."

 

It amazed me that it has taken this easy for him to prepare everything alone by himself. I examined the properties that he has handed to me. A satisfied grin on my face, "Thanks for your hard work, Kris. I don't know how you could do all these, and don't worry because I think I would be comfortable to stay here for the meantime."

 

"There was no need to thank me about. This is an honor and an obligation for me to be able to serve you, Prince." He bowed once again in front of me. Aish. Really, it was kind of a bit uncomfortable for everytime I was being treated that way. Here, was no longer in the kingdom, wasn't it? So, why should one must maintain such excessive deference to me?

 

"Tch. Kris, we're currently not in the kingdom. I am especially impressed with the respectfulness and thoughtfulness of you but, if you want to be polite and respectful to me, the best thing you can do is to act civil to each other. It's an order. We should, therefore, start behaving like normal ordinary citizens in the community. We have to work in partnership, right. Then, I stress that from now, consider me as your comrade or brother even better. It's up to you. So, forget about the etiquette issue here." 

                                                   

"I'm sorry. But, Pri-" I immediately cut him off, "No buts. It's just 'LUHAN', no longer Prince LuHan. Did I make it clear enough? Oh one more deal, I'd like to address you by 'Kris' without any further formality from this point on. Do you mind? Thus, we can be more relaxed communicating with each other."

 

There was a respectful silence for a few seconds before Kris finally with a little hesitation, nodded slowly. "All.. All right then, Prin- I mean L-LuHan. I will do as your request and no, I don't. You're free to call me anything."

 

"Thanks again." I thanked him and extended my hand for a handshake. Afterward, my newfound ally gladly took my hand with a brotherly smile. "So, we are brothers now, right... Kris?"

 

"Uhm, yeah." We shook hands for a moment while laughing. But then, something caught my eyes after I took a glance at the paper of my -so called- courses schedule that was still on my hand earlier. 

 

"Korea International University..." I murmured, "So, this is where I'll start my leadership training? And, the princess who I'm looking for is in such a place too?"

 

"Well," Kris started, "yes, you could say that. For a reminder only, the most important keys of your training is for you to be more able to adapt to new conditions and behave yourself. Actually, there are many other things that you'll get beyond the academic later, LuHan. Uhm, talking about Princess Sunny. I really have some trouble of finding her true whereabouts. I heard from the source of information that she's currently studying in that place too. So, I went to verify its accuracy. I've tracked her energy for once and a likely acceptable result was obtained. Undeniably, the faint traces of her energy is there but, she's not really there as if something or rather someone was trying to conceal her identity. It is in any case an enigma which neither one can explain properly nor one can understand properly. But still, I'm completely sure you definitely will soon find her. I know you will, if she's seriously your mate then you two are indeed destined to be together."

 

"I see." I huffed, "This seems to be quiet difficult but, I'll take it as a challenge for me. All right then, better get going." I excused myself and was about to walk away.

 

"Hm. Wait, LuHan, don't you want to have your breakfast first before leaving?"

 

"Nah. I'm good. Don't worry, I'll have my breakfast on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter