00-004

The 13th Shadowchild
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“YAH!” I shrieked with my eyes closed, kicking my legs in the air while punching my attacker with my pillow.

 

“Okay, okay, I’ll stop!” the voice bellowed.

 

I forced myself to sit upright and ran a hand through the tangled mess my hair had become. I glared at Chanyeol. “Why do you have to tickle me so hard?” I whined.

 

Chanyeol just chuckled at my reaction and pinched my cheeks. I automatically slapped his hand away. I was mad at him.

 

“Still a heavy sleeper, aren’t you?” he said.

 

“Tch, so what?”

 

He winked. “My method hasn’t failed yet then.”

 

I hit him again with my pillow. He just raised his hands up on either side of his face and took a few steps back away from me. “You might want to hurry, you know. You only have fifteen minutes remaining before you're late in class.”

 

“Chanyeol, are you coming yet?” It was Baekhyun’s voice.

 

“Coming, coming!” Chanyeol called out. He spoke to me, “I’ll go ahead, fuzzball.”

 

“Wha—THEN WHY DIDN’T YOU WAKE ME UP EARLIER??!!”

 

Chanyeol ran towards the door and used it to shield himself (in case I threw a pillow at him—as if that would hurt his gigantic structure!) before saying, “We were having fun listening to you snore so loudly, by the way!”

 

And then he sped off. I screamed, “I DO NOT SNORE!!!”

 

Then, the door creaked open again and I immediately threw a pillow at the intruder.

 

“Hey, it’s just me, fuzzball,” he chuckled, catching the pillow and throwing it right back at me. “So Yeol called you that? For what reason?”

 

I huffed in annoyance and decided to ignore his question. Being called fuzzball triggered an annoying memory. “What are you doing here, Kai?”

 

“Well, aside from you looking like right now—“

 

I gasped. They must really think this was funny because I was already dying of embarrassment. “Leave me alone!” I shouted.

 

But Kai ignored me and went on. “—well, you slept on me last night! I was supposed to introduce you to my friends!”

 

“Well, tonight, tonight! I promise. We’ll do it tonight. Happy? Now out!”

 

“Give me a kiss first, then I might change my mind.”

 

“Then, I’m not meeting your friends!”

 

“Fine, fine. Now hurry. Sehun and Tao are leaving already.”

 

Kai turned around to leave when he suddenly turned around again and walked towards me. He was near enough to hover over me and I can’t help but become overly conscious of myself.

 

Did I stink? I wish he wouldn’t smell my morning breath...?

 

He reached out to ruffle my hair and said, “Oh, did you know that our P.E. today is swimming?”

 

My ears immediately perked up. “Really?”

 

“Yeah, thought that would motivate you to get up from your bed,” he said with a smile on his face. And for that moment I thought he was really handsome. Until he said the next words. “Because I can really smell you right now. It turns me off, babe.”

 

Just like what Chanyeol did, Kai fled. And I was left there alone in the room, whining and screaming on top of my lungs. “STOP BULLYING ME ALREADY, YOU MONSTERS!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter