00-001

The 13th Shadowchild
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It had been a week since I transferred to S.M. Academy, and I was finally getting the hang of living with twelve audacious young men. Rooming with Chanyeol, Luhan, and Tao was, by far, bearable.

 

First, the four of us took turns in sleeping on the couch. Last night, it was my turn and it was no surprise to me at all when I woke up this morning feeling pain all over my body. The dumb furniture was too small even for a 5'4" like me!

 

Second, although each of us had our own wardrobe, I still found it weird that they had to see my clothes, most especially my underwear. Imagine the shame of having to expose my bras and ! I wanted to die. Joke.

 

Third, I was never comfortable in sharing the same bathroom with them.

 

And fourth, all these boys snored like pigs when they slept, making me unable to sleep at night at all. Or even if I did sleep, I'd always have horrible dreams.

 

But like I said, I was trying to bear with all these stuffs. I mean, the boys weren’t really some kind of badass as I thought them to be. They were actually kind to me, and we all got along pretty well.

 

Except for three, that is. One made sure to steer clear of me while the other was too awkward to even strike a conversation. The third one was surely my nemesis. He disliked me for being so stubborn, and I hated him for being so nosy.

 

The rest were funny and friendly and… I wasn’t that dumb not to know that some of the boys were openly and playfully flirting with me, and I flirted back. I wasn’t a . I was just returning the favour. I didn’t want to be awkward with them!

 

“Sunmi!” Chanyeol called. “Are you ready yet?”

 

I gave one final look at myself on the mirror before smoothing down the pleats of my skirt and combing my fingers through my hair. I never fussed so much over uniforms, but I loved Korean uniforms more than I did with my American ones. There was just a difference when it came to style.

 

“Coming!” I yelled from our room.

 

I hurriedly went outside the house and saw only two boys waiting for me. Ouch, that hurt. So much for being a bunch of gentlemen?

 

“Where are the others?” I asked curiously, hopping down the steps one at a time.

 

“Left,” Kai answered deftly. “They said you were a slowpoke.”

 

“Well, I’m sorry!” I defended. “I can’t not look good on my first day in my uniform!”

 

Because I had only been wearing casual clothes last week, and that made me stand out so much. I had been nicknamed the "Autumn Blossom", which sounded really OFF.

 

Chanyeol affectionately ruffled my hair, saying, “We know that. Now, hold my hand.”

 

“W-What?”

 

Chanyeol pointed a finger at Kai. “He’s teleporting us.”

 

“Teleport us?!” I exclaimed. This guy has that supernatural ability? Wow.

 

“This way we can overtake the other beasts,” Kai joked and winked at me.

 

I held Chanyeol’s hand while Chanyeol held Kai’s. In a split of second, I was already standing in a deserted corridor. I wobbled as I suddenly felt lightheaded. Chanyeol immediately wrapped an arm around my shoulders to steady me. “Easy, there. Are you all right?”

 

“Wow,” I said, tucking some stray strands of hair behind my ear. “That was…” I looked at Kai.

 

“Amazing, I know,” he finished for me, that trademark lopsided smirk plastered on his sunkissed face. “Being a vampire has a lots of perks.”

 

“Whoa, but I feel a little bit nauseous,” I admitted.

 

“Don’t worry,” Kai spoke. “You’ll get used to it. Come on, there are still people we have to overtake.”

 

Chanyeol saluted him.

 

I realized later on that Kai teleported us to an old building just behind the school gym. We walked as fast as we could to the new building, which was already bustling with students. By the time we reached the entrance, I was already puffing out clouds of breath. It wasn’t really that far. If you could count four hundred meters as far.

 

Too much for being a swimmer, I scolded myself. And teleporting for the first time, I added.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter