00-002

The 13th Shadowchild
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I got my folder in my bag as the memory suddenly hit me like a bolt of lightning. I rummaged through my files until I found what I was looking for: my schedule.

 

Homeroom Teacher: Wu Yifan

English Teacher: Wu Yifan

 

I buried my face into my hands. I’d have to see him more than I would like.

 

Like, duh, I already lived with him.

 

If only I can only erase that incident from all of mankind’s history with just a press of a delete button.

 

These were my thoughts as I was organizing my things in my locker when I felt someone tapping my shoulder. I solemnly turned around and saw Kai.

 

“Can you please get rid of that smirk of yours?” I told him, closing my locker door and locking it. “It’s starting to annoy me.”

 

“Hormones got you, babe?” Kai asked playfully.

 

I waved him off. “I’m in no mood.”

 

He clicked his tongue. “Ah…I know. You and Duizhang…Something happened, right?”

 

I flinched in my spot. It was an involuntary reaction, but I knew Kai—

 

Kai laughed at my expression. “I know what happened. Tao told me.”

 

I let my jaw drop. I was hearing things, wasn't I? There was no way in the world someone else could have found out unless Kris took the liberty of broadcasting the truth for the whole world to know. No, that can't be right.

 

“H-H-Ho…How?”

 

Kai grabbed a hold my hand and led the way through the corridors filled with students. Some were looking out the windows, cheering on different teams from different sports clubs. Others were busy attacking their lockers with more books. And there were also others who busied themselves doing PDA inside the classrooms. But Kai and I passed by them without a care in the world. Whether they were vampires or humans, let them be themselves.

 

Kai’s grip on my wrist only loosened when we were already on the road leading back to the dorm. I was glad to be finally outside that suffocating school building. I was out here in the open where I could breathe the air that smelled like trees. If I loved the view I had of the greenery from my seat, I loved it even more from here. I saw green around me: meadows and pine trees ahead.

 

Kai placed his hands at the back of his head and whistled, his pace matching with mine.

 

“So,” I turned to him. “How did you know about that?”

 

He examined me.

 

“And please stop studying my face all the time.”

 

“But I like staring at you and poking fun at your cute expression,” he said offhandedly. “You’re blushing, you know.”

 

True to what he said, I could feel my cheeks heating up. I instinctively looked away.

 

“Tao…” he began. “Don’t you know what his ability is?”

 

I shook my head sideways. “Wait, he has powers too?”

 

Kai smiled at me adoringly. “We all have powers. Wanna know?”

 

I nodded my head as I kicked a stone out of my way. I watched it disappear into the grass as Kai began to enumerate  the members’ abilities. I found out about Kai's this morning. I wouldn't have bothered asking how he got those because I was so amazed with the ability.

 

“I’ll start with the K members. Let’s see…Suho has control over water, Baekhyun over light, Sehun over wind, Kyungsoo over earth—well, that’s mostly thunder—yours truly with teleportation, and Chanyeol with flames.”

 

“Yeol has fire powers?” I asked excitedly.

 

Kai nodded. “He’s really cute when he uses his powers. A sight to behold!”

 

“Really? Why?”

 

Kai pursed his lips. “Hmmm…”

 

“Tell me!” I urged him.

 

Kai chuckled. “No. That would spoil the fun so I’m not telling you—ever.”

 

I punched him on the arm. “That’s so mean.”

 

He just shrugged. “So now let’s go over with our M members'. Kris can fly like a G6—“

 

“What does that even mean?”

 

“It means, my dear, that he can fly at will.”

 

“But don’t you all have wings that can make you fly?”

 

“We do.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter