Prologue I

The 13th Shadowchild
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First chapter's finally up! From the bottom of my heart, I hope you enjoy the first update and not disappoint you! To all my subscribers, upvoters, and commentators, thank you thank you very much! I send each of you a very big heart sign plus my attempt in doing a gwiyomi player. <3 HehehehXD And another special thanks to silentears for the wonderful poster!  I LOVE IT! HAHAHAH. It was really fun giving you the details for this one. For the other posters, don't worry -bubbletea21 and Squiggles, I'll post them when the romance begins!

 

 

You had flown across the seas of the world, travelled miles and miles for long hours all the way from New York to Seoul. No matter how tired or jet lagged you felt, you never let your guard down while you vigilantly darted your eyes here and there, examining everyone and everything around you. You could not afford to get caught and killed.

 

It was already past midnight when you had arrived. Not knowing whom to trust, you decided to sit on a bench in the airport where a security guard would be easy to reach in case anything happened to you.

 

Staying in a hotel was a dangerous option, so you opted it out. You must never be alone. If only you could, you would not even dare to blink, fearing that when you closed your eyes you would find yourself being pulled back into a nightmare.

 

Only one acceptable option crossed your mind. You needed to contact Park Chanyeol.

 

At first, you were really hesitant to ask for his help. Though you had stayed long with his relatives in New York, the fact that they died just hours ago and you alone survived was very depressing in itself. Chanyeol would be stricken with grief. They were the only relatives he had left in his life. And you.

 

You raked your hands through your hair in frustration. What tragedy had befallen you for you to deserve this?

 

You fumbled for your phone in your coat pocket then dialled his number. He picked up after the fourth ring. When he answered the call, his voice sounded groggy. You really felt guilty for disrupting his sleep, but you needed him now.

 

“Hello?” Chanyeol said on the other line.

 

“Chanyeol, it’s me. Park Sunmi,” you said.

 

“Sunmi?!” You heard something clank on the other side. You could tell you had managed to completely awaken the sleepyhead Park Chanyeol. “Why did you call?”

 

“It’s urgent.” Your voice started to tremble, but you had to be strong. “Please, I’m here at the airport right now. Take me with you, and I’ll explain everything on the way. Please hurry, Park Chanyeol.”

 

With that, you ended the call.

 

You sat uneasily on your seat as you waited for Chanyeol to arrive. It had been thirty minutes since the call. How far was his school from the airport anyway? When you could no longer take it, you found yourself pacing back and forth across the bench, either biting your nails or tangling your hair in your hands in the process. You thought you were going to go crazy because of too much anxiety and fear.

 

No longer than ten minutes later, you saw a black SUV pull up on the curb just across from where the bench you were occupying was. Chanyeol rolled down the windows and greeted you with a smile. You felt relieved in an instant.

 

You trotted towards the vehicle, opened the door to the back seat, and dumped your luggage there. You had brought only a few clothes. You had no time to pack after the incident. After opening the car door to the passenger seat, you quickly fastened your seatbelt, and then said, “Drive. Let’s get out of here now.”

 

 

      

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter