Rushing Home

The Next Door

A few weeks had passed, and sending the boys to school was a little easier. But Baekhee would be really appreciative if Luhan would stop ignoring her whenever she asked him about the 10 other boys. It seems as if he was jealous that she was interested in the other boys and not Luhan, but Baekhee can’t tell for sure.

 

“Luhan. Do you know what happened to Baekhyun? He isn’t here today.” Baekhee whispered to him during math class.

 

Luhan shook his head before opening his mouth to answer. “How would I know? These fangirls have been so annoying till I can’t even tell who’s here or not. And why do you even care?”

 

“Well, because he’s my friend, and he’s a much better person to talk to compared to the one beside me right now. Plus, don’t blame the girls for god’s sake. Blame your little flower boy image.” Baekhee replied, rolling her eyes. Luhan looked at her. Now, this is a first.

 

“Oh? So now Hwang Baekhee is commenting on my image and calling me a flower boy? Aw, I’ve been waiting for this moment!” Luhan exclaimed cheekily. If Luhan had stopped looking at her, he wouldn’t have seen Baekhee’s cheeks turn red. “And look at you! You’re blushing!” He chuckled.

 

“Hwang Baekhee and Xi Luhan! I demand to know why there is so much commotion between the both of you. Why are you two talking during my lesson?” The math teacher called out. Cheers and whistles could be heard, coming from the 11 boys. “And the group of boys at the back! Keep quiet! Baekhee and Luhan, please pay attention.”

 


“Luhan! Hurry up! I need to rush home!” Baekhee yelled at the said male. Luhan scowled and looked back at her.

 

“Can’t you wait for another minute? I’m having problems with my locker.” Baekhee sighed and marched over to him.

 

“Move away. Thanks. So, what’s your locker combination?” Baekhee asked Luhan.

 

“4169,” he replied. She turned to the numbers and tried to unlock the lock, but to no avail. Baekhee looked at her watch; 15 more minutes until she’s expected at home. She tugged harder. Oh come on, stupid lock. Can’t you be a little more kind? As if on cue, the latch went click, and Baekhee crashed into Luhan’s chest from the sudden release.

 

Luhan’s POV

 

She got the combination right, but the lock isn’t willing to give in to her. Is she really that weak? I lied about the lock, wanting her to help me, but it turns out the lock was really stuck. Just as I was about to go and help her, her back crashed into my chest. I circled my arms around her waist as a natural instinct. It was weird, how her back and my chest felt… like they were molded perfectly to match like two puzzle pieces.

 

To be honest, I didn’t want to let go. I didn’t know what came over me. Was it possible that I was having feelings for her? No way. But how am I gonna explain my behavior whenever she asked or talked about the other guys?

 

My train of thoughts were disrupted when Baekhee pulled away and panted softly.

 

Author’s POV

 

“Done with your stupid locker, Xi Luhan. You have better get the lock changed, or we’re gonna spent 10 minutes here every single day just for the damned locker.” Baekhee hissed at Luhan. She marched down the hallway, when Luhan grabbed her arm.

 

“Yah! Why are you in a rush?”

 

“I need to get home, unlike you. Apparently my mum is meeting the CEO of some big company to merge together or something. And since I’m the heir of my mum’s company, I have to be present.” Baekhee replied, walking closer to her neighbourhood.

 

“Woah. I didn’t know you were already involved with this kind of stuff at the age of 16. But… your mum’s company? What about your dad? Why is it your mum that’s in charge, and not your father?” Luhan questioned, cocking his head to one side.

 

Baekhee looked down, unable to meet his eyes. “Erm, I’ve reached my house. See y-you tomorrow.”

 

Luhan watched her as she disappeared into the house. This seems hella familiar. Could it be that they’re related to each other? But how can one be poor with no parents, the other with riches and parents, and both have the same situation?

 


Yay. XD Okay so I finally updated, although my exams were over, like, 2 weeks ago. I already had this chapter done and ready to be updated, but I was too lazy to do anything. ^^;; It's holidays next week, but I still have tuition and some choir practices. How I wish my holidays are totally free. /pouts and shot/ If you guys didn't notice, I changed the description of my characters, adding in their date of birth. I changed Baekhee's description the most, so go back to the foreword and read it again. :) OHOHOHO 2 CLIFFHANGERS IN ONE CHAPTER. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE. I'm mean, and shall not give any spoilers and all that . NU UH, MUSHROOMS. The next chapter would be updated by next week or next year. XD Nah, jk. I would never do that to you guys. Comment about this chapter, juseyoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. And to all you ghost readers out there, subscribe, upvote and comment, juseyoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. -Hajir