First Day of The Term (Pt. 3)

The Next Door

Flashback

“But don’t do that in front of me.”

 

“Why?”

 

“B-because…”

 


Luhan wasn’t answering her. Baekhee groaned and stomped past him. She ran down to the cafeteria and sat down at the table where the 11 boys where at. “Where’s Luhan?” Sehun questioned.

 

“He’ll be coming down soon. I’m sure he knows the way to the cafeteria.” Baekhee replied while massaging her temples. She was having a splitting headache; maybe because she didn’t drink enough water. She gulped down the water in her bottle, but it still didn’t work.

 

“Are you alright?” A voice piped up. Baekhee looked up to face the person. I think his name is… Jong-something-or-other.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine. I just have a headache, that’s all. Don’t worry about me though.”

 

“Here, I’ve some painkillers, just in case of emergency.” Jongdae pulled out a packet of painkillers and passed them to Baekhee.

 

“Thanks.” Baekhee mumbled before popping two pills in and downing it with water. She passed back the packet to Jongdae.

 

“Man, your pockets and bag must be a pharmacy! I bet your friends turn to you when they have an injury or when feeling sick.”

 

He chuckled, “Not really, but I keep bandages and plasters in the front pouch of my bag. And fever pills, painkillers, cough pills and what have you. Happens when you have overprotective parents who work as doctors.”

 

The entire table roared with laughter, causing people from the other side to look at them. “Oops. Were we too loud?” Jongin mocked in a girl’s voice. Loud laughter could be heard from the same table again and students were starting to glare at them. Baekhee clutched her tummy, tears rolling down her cheeks while still giggling away. “W-we should really st-stop.” She said, panting slightly.

 

As if on cue, Luhan entered the cafeteria. All the girls stopped nibbling on their food, except for Baekhee. All the girls starting tidying their hair and checking whether their make-up is still in place, except for Baekhee.  All the girls flashed Luhan their best smiles, well, of course, except for Baekhee. Luhan gave all of them a weak smile before heading to table number 7, where Sehun told him to meet at.

 

“What did I miss out on? I could hear your laughter from outside the cafeteria, Chanyeol.” Luhan said and patted Chanyeol on the back. Baekhee suddenly became uncomfortable, and excused herself to the toilet. Baekhyun stared after her. “Are you sure your pills are helping her with her headache, Kim Jongdae? Is she on her monthly thing or what. First headache and now this. Jongdae, please check the contents of the painkillers.” He joked. Once again, they laughed loudly, but quieted down quickly when they saw the bio teacher staring at them, reminding them of what happened during biology just now.

 

“Kim Jongin! Stand up! This is not the first time you forget to bring your books!” the teacher yelled at Jongin. He stood up and stared back with a poker face.

 

“Oh, so now you’re giving me an attitude. Watch out, young man. One more time and a detention slip will be mailed to you.”

 

Jongin rolled his eyes and ignored the teacher. He then turned his head to Kyungsoo with a “I don’t ing care about this lesson and you should join me too” look. Kyungsoo shook his head and shrank back into his seat.

 

“You’re no fun.” Jongin whispered.

 

“Since the beginning, I already knew I was.” Kyungsoo muttered, but loud enough for him to hear. Jongin pouted, and turned back to the lesson.

 

 

Jongin looked away and returned to munching on his sandwich. Baekhee returned to the table and sat down, just in time to hear Minseok’s question. “So, Luhan and Kyungsoo. How’s the first day of school so far?” He asked them. Everyone looked at the both of them and waited for their answers.

 

“Well, it was fun, considering I made awesome friends like you guys, thanks to Baekhee and Sehun. But really, Kim Jongin. No way I’m gonna join you when you get punished, dude. I don’t want to get on the teacher’s bad side.” Kyungsoo replied. “Teacher’s pet.” Jongin mumbled, but he heard him and stomped on Jongin’s foot under the table.

 

“My turn now! I kinda agree with Kyungsoo, except for the Jongin part. Hwang Baekhee, you have yet to show me and my brother around the school.” Luhan smirked at her. How dare he! After what happened just now, he’s acting like nothing is wrong.

 

Baekhee took in several deep breaths before saying, “I would like to, but looks like you’ve managed to arrive at the cafeteria without anyone’s help. The only person I think that needs the “tour” is your brother. Plus, I’m currently having a headache.” She smirked back at Luhan. He gasped loudly. Luhan wasn’t expecting a comeback from her, especially when it left him speechless.

 

“Bu-ut…” It was the second time Luhan was stammering because of Baekhee. He went back to sipping quietly on his chocolate milk. Baekhee turned her head and looked at the big clock in the cafeteria.

 

“Guys, hurry up. We only have 2 minutes left before we have to report for the next lesson. I’ll go up first, though. I need to get some stuff from my locker.” She said, and left the table once again.

 


“Oh, so, isn’t this the school’s new . What did you do this time, Baekhee? 12 boys, eh?” A voice behind her mocked. Baekhee rolled her eyes, already knowing who was there. She turned around to face the school’s queenka, Minah.

 

“So what if I’m a ? Why does it even bother you? Based on your IQ level, you wouldn’t know if that person was a till she comes and tells it to you in your face.”

 

“And our dear Baekhee has finally spoken up for herself. Took you long enough to get sick and tired of us. I bet you slept with our teachers for them to give you good grades.”

 

“Well, I work hard for something I want, unlike the y and spoilt Minah that I know of. And of whom I bet, has slept with at least half of the entire male population in the school.”

 

Minah was at lost for words. “Watch out, Baekhee. You wouldn’t want to be on the bad side of me.”

 

“But I thought I already was?” Baekhee smirked and slammed her locker door in her face and walked to the next class. Without her knowledge, the 12 boys had secretly followed her up, and hid at the stairs beside the lockers, listening to the drama happening.

 

“Oh Sehun, don’t tell me you didn’t know about this.” Kyungsoo whispered to Sehun. He shook his head, “Baekhee didn’t tell me about this. I guess she didn’t want anyone to know. Come on, let’s go. The stairs are dusty enough.” Sehun stood up and dusted his pants. The rest of the boys followed his lead, and walked as if they weren’t eavesdropping on Baekhee earlier.

 

The group of boys went down the corridor, with other students making way for them, as if they were a notorious gang from the school. The crowd parted like the Red Sea, and girls started swooning over them. Cries of “Oppa!”, “Oh my gosh, he’s cute.” could be heard. Wanting to play a little with the fangirls’ hearts, Kai flashed his best smirk, making the girls squeal louder. While Kyungsoo, on the other hand, just looked around with his big eyes, making eye contact with some of the girls. When they saw that, the girls pinched themselves to make sure that they weren’t dreaming. Baekhyun, the eyeliner diva, smiled at the girls. And once again, the girls released high pitched screams that sent some of the teachers out of the classroom and into the corridor to find out what was happening.

 

The 12 boys walked into the classroom together; they had the exact same classes as Baekhee. They sat down at their usual places at the back of the classroom, with Baekhyun taking a seat beside Baekhee.

 

“Erm, hey.” Baekhyun said nervously and smiled awkwardly. Baekhee looked up and returned the smile.

 

“Hey.”

 

“So, we heard the conversation with you and another girl called Minah.” Baekhee’s eyes shot up for a few seconds and returned back to its original state.

 

“Don’t get me started on that .” She sighed loudly.

 

“Well, alright. Luhan’s here now. I better go back to Chanyeol.” Baekhyun stood up, walked to Chanyeol, before flashing another smile to Baekhee.

 

Luhan flopped down on his chair and exhaled loudly.

 

“What does that guy want with you?”

 

“Nothing. Why does it bother you so much when I talk to boys?”

 

Luhan scratched the back of his neck and kept quiet.

 

This is going to be an interesting year.

 


Okay. Yay I finally managed to update ^^ and it’s a double update, so don’t ask why it took so long. This chapter was a little lengthier than expected, that’s all. BE GRATEFUL, PEASANTS. Lol kno. You know I love you guys. So, I’ve a name to call my subbies. You wanna know what it is? Wait for the next update. XD Okay somebody call Houston. We have a trolling alert. XD I’ve decided to call you guys ‘mushrooms’, cos it’s my nickname in school (I have TONS of other names), and also because I find mushrooms cute. Like the button mushroom? :) I won’t be updating any soon, though. /creys/ You know how end of year examinations are like. But, don’t un-subscribe. Or you won’t be a mushroom anymore. XD See you guys soon! ^^

-Hajir