First Day of The Term (Pt. 1)

The Next Door

“Baekhee! Come down immediately! You’re in for a surprise!” Mrs Hwang yelled from the dining table. Baekhee heard her mum and ran down the flight of stairs. Mrs Hwang smiled at her daughter. “In fact, you have three surprises.” Baekhee cocked her head slightly to the left; her mum hardly gave her surprises. She sat down at the table and waited for the ‘surprises’. “Number one, you’re going to be extra early for school today.” Baekhee groaned. “Number two,” Mrs Hwang went into the kitchen and brought out a plate, “I made your favourite breakfast platter just for the first day of school.” Baekhee was unsure of what to feel, but she thanked her mother anyways. She started digging in, when Mrs Hwang shared the third surprise. “Luhan and Kyungsoo will attend the same school as you, and I want you to walk with them to school today and the days after today.” Baekhee nearly choked on her food and downed the particles in with a gulp of milk. “No way, mom!” Baekhee raised her voice.

 


Mrs Hwang waved at Baekhee. “Have a good day at school! Take care of Luhan and Kyungsoo, alright?” The younger one flashed a fake smile at her mum and waved back. Once Mrs Hwang’s back was turned, the smile was gone. Have a fun day at school? Dream on, mum! I’m gonna have two jerks following everywhere I go!  She turned to the two jerks. “Okay, look here. I was forced to bring you guys to school. I mean like, why in the ing world would I want to send a couple of boys to school? So, a few rules. No fighting along the way. No toilet breaks on the way there. And no thinking that I’ll send you guys to school every weekday. Understood?” Luhan pouted. “But your mum told us that you’ll bring us everyday!” Baekhee groaned. “Fine. Whatever.”

 

As expected, Baekhee walked first, leading the two boys like a mother hen.

“Hey, Baekhee. Can I ask something?” Luhan piped up.

“Speak.” Baekhee replied.

“Will there be any attractive girls there?”

“You’ll see for yourself, pabo.”

“Then will there be any hardworking girls?” Kyungsoo suddenly joined in the conversation.

Baekhee chuckled loudly. “Sorry to burst your bubble, Kyungsoo. But they’re not as hardworking as you.”

 


The trio finally reached the school, and Baekhee brought them to the principal’s office. The three of them bowed when they entered the office and the principal, Mr Kim, motioned for them to have a seat. “So, what do we have here?” “They’re new students, Mr Kim.” Baekhee answered. “Oh, really?” He looked at Luhan and Kyungsoo with curiosity. “Yes, my name is Kyungsoo and this is Luhan.” Luhan bowed slightly in his seat. “And I guess you two lads know this young lady here?” Before Baekhee could defend herself, Luhan had already spoken up. “Yeap. And of course, she knows us too.” Mr Kim smiled. “That’s great! Hwang Baekhee, you’ll be in charge of showing them around the school for the next two weeks.” He then gave the timetables to Luhan and Kyungsoo, and turned to Baekhee. “Would you mind bringing them to… class 202? And I’m guessing it’s your class too.” Mr Kim checked a list and nodded. “You may go now.”

 

Baekhee left the office first, still in a state of shock. Now I have to send these two to school, have to show them around the school and be in the same class as them?! The brothers, on the other hand, were excited to have Baekhee as their school guide. “Our teacher is Ms Choi. Don’t bother fooling around with her. She’s hella strict.”

 


Baekhee took her usual seat at the back, while Luhan and Kyungsoo stood at the front with Ms Choi. The girls squealed when they saw the two boys enter the room, especially when Luhan came in. Murmurs of “Oh he’s drop-dead cute” and “Gosh look at his soft plump lips” could be heard accompanied with several giggles. “Class 202, today we have two new students joining us, and hopefully they will stay till they graduate from this school. Please welcome them.” Ms Choi said, in her irritating high pitched voice that was not suitable for her strictness. Of course, the girls greeted them eagerly, while the guys could be heard greeting them with an informal tone.

 

Ms Choi turned to the brothers and said, “We hope that you both will fit into our class perfectly.” She then faced the class and scanned around for any empty seats. Baekhee, who was watching them, suddenly panicked and turned to her right. Oh, . “Luhan and Kyungsoo, please sit at the two seats next to Baekhee.” Baekhee banged her head a little too hard on the table, causing her to wince in pain. Idiotic Ms Choi. I’ll need therapy treatment for the rest of the year just from sitting next to them for a week.

 


Okay, so a quick and short update. ^^ Chill, the long update will be instead a double update, but not including this chapter. You get me? It’s okay, just remember I owe you guys a double update rather than one long update. :) And about this chapter. I MEAN. COME ON GUYS. WHO WOULDN’T BE HAPPY TO HAVE LUHAN AND KYUNGSOO IN THE SAME SCHOOL, SAME CLASS, NEIGHBOURS AND SEATS NEXT TO EACH OTHER. NOT TO MENTION WALKING TO SCHOOL AND BACK HOME WITH THEM. Okay I’m done with my rant. I’m really sorry I had to make Baekhee like this. But she is kind of a two sided face, but in a bad way and a good way. ^^ And also, "First Day of The Term" will be splitted into two or three parts, depending on what ideas I suddenly have. XD

-Hajir